Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess your right.

Levy concerned by no potential transfer fee down the line

:mourweird:
Or maybe with no plans to have fans in the stadium for the foreseeable, Levy just did not want to commit on anyone at present until he knows what his income will be. I am sure millions in this Country concerned they might lose their jobs and thus their income will be cautious about spending although there will always be the reckless that will spend for today even if their job is at risk. Remember there are limits to the number of overseas players we have and although Verts is leaving there may be other priorities.

If Daniel was on the ball
he would have bent over backwards to add Hakim Ziyech to the Tottenham Hotspur squad. Instead, he goes to London rivals who under Lampard will obviously
find their regular place in the top four.

I said on the night of the semi final in Amsterdam- when he scored a screamer- that man has to come to Tottenham.

he would have bent over backwards to add Hakim Ziyech to the Tottenham Hotspur squad. Instead, he goes to London rivals who under Lampard will obviously

I said on the night of the semi final in Amsterdam- when he scored a screamer- that man has to come to Tottenham.
Great call

Two more Now TV passes on the way.

Levy, you're a total legend.

tumblr_pgdrhtO94I1toamj8o1_400.gif

Daniel's thinking process and passion isn't the same as other chairman, it's a shame but unless they sell up we are stuck with it.

Or maybe with no plans to have fans in the stadium for the foreseeable, Levy just did not want to commit on anyone at present until he knows what his income will be. I am sure millions in this Country concerned they might lose their jobs and thus their income will be cautious about spending although there will always be the reckless that will spend for today even if their job is at risk. Remember there are limits to the number of overseas players we have and although Verts is leaving there may be other priorities.
You keep saying your neutral but your posts seem to be defending levy. Nothing wrong in that of course. But you are obviously in the pro levy camp.

I do think a lot of it is down to Levy and Co, but I also think the club from the top through to the bottom are so weak mentally. I honestly don’t think the club or the team ever thought we would win that final against Liverpool. It’s been this way everytime we get to a final or Semi final, the team completely freezes. Until we get that monkey off our backs, I can’t see it ever ending. Ultimate failures we really are.

I kind of have to agree with this. Overall I think the owners have done fine but I see little movement towards us making those next steps. We have been smart within reason in slowly developing the building blocks for sustainable growth but there comes a time, much like in a game of poker where safe, cautious and prudent plays will only get you so far.

My issue with the owners isn’t what they’ve done to get where they got us, it’s the lack of genuine gambles to penetrate the next level. Yes we spent money in the summer but when we look at the fees paid, only Ndombele was high risk given that GLC was a loan with a view to buy and Sessegnon even if he flops will still command a fee of up to £20m in the future so only a £10m got worst case scenario.

For me a it should be 2 prudent deals each summer (ones with potential high reward but low financial risk ala Clarke, Davies, Trippier etc) and 2 higher risk deals pushing the £50m+ brackets. I liked our policy last summer, my concern is will Ndombele see a typical Levy knee jerk of slightly coming out of his shell only to use this a season a stick to wave around saying ‘I told you so’, justifying a revert back to always making the safe, bets hedged transfers etc. Time will tell, the pandemic will for certain see the owners emphasise the need to throw less caution to the wind which clearly makes it harder for us to keep pace with others, old and new throwing their hats into the CL ring.

Daniel's thinking process and passion isn't the same as other chairman, it's a shame but unless they sell up we are stuck with it.
That's fair.
We have a "low risk" transfer policy.
By that, I mean we buy younger prospects (with a sell on potential if it doesn't work out) rather than the finished article.

Never thought of it this way , but came across this on my TL , and he's not wrong.
We also banter Woolwich but we're becoming just as bad in terms of investment.

Nobody can argue with this really.

The sad thing is, the crowd that used to so enthusiastically ((and rightly) piss take Woolwich on a daily basis are, by and large, the same crowd defending Levy for following exactly the same model with us.

Never thought of it this way , but came across this on my TL , and he's not wrong.
We also banter Woolwich but we're becoming just as bad in terms of investment.

Do Woolwich have an NFL pitch in their stadium?? Nope.

Their own brewery?? No!

Europe’s biggest club megastore? I think not.

The longest bar in the world ever?? No they fucking don’t.

Case closed. They are shite.

Do Woolwich have an NFL pitch in their stadium?? Nope.

Their own brewery?? No!

Europe’s biggest club megastore? I think not.

The longest bar in the world ever?? No they fucking don’t.

Case closed. They are shite.
They are also in more shit than us.

https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/wag...a-financial-black-/1rn7mlr1l5k2r129w96et964eb

However, in December, Woolwich announced an operating loss of £27.1 million ($34m) for the year 2018–19. It was the first time the club had posted a loss since 2002. And why? The £230m ($287m) wage bill.

Woolwich have embraced a self-sustainable model, but it is founded upon Champions League football. For two decades under Arsene Wenger, that was almost viewed as a given. But those days are gone.

Rightly or wrongly , our financial model is not dependant on CL.

Back
Top Bottom