Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
I'm actually completely baffled that this is the straw that seems to have broken the camel's back in terms of support for ENIC.

A club in our position that gets offered a golden ticket to an endless VIP party with the biggest names in the field has to accept it.

Can't blame Levy for that one, does anyone think his concientious objection would have done anything other than exclude us from the club?

Everything else, yup absolutely, but the choice between destitution and avarice is an easy one and it's hard to blame him for making it.

Anyway, great that this movement grows.
They got al calpone on tax. Whatever it takes to get them in the end. I wouldn't care if it was levy getting caught calling someone a tranny.. & virtue signalling kicks in. Whatever gets rid of him & enic.

Got sent this late last night from a mate

"I just received this from a supposed reliable source who knows the agent of one of the first team regulars. They are neighbours. Make of it what you will but I thought I’d share...

Basically Jose and Levy fell out massively- was on a collision course since Jan.
Levy wanted to control too much as with him, everything is down to money. Levy was constantly pressuring him to play Dele and Bergwein more as they have high transfer values and needed to be in shop window. Same with Bale, levy told him he’s not paying 200k per week for him to sit on the bench.

The bombshell was yesterday morning. Levy ‘instructed him to play his strongest team v Southampton as there is still a chance we will get into top 4. Jose told him he wanted to save his best team for the final but Levy told him he doesn’t care about winning the Carabao, it’s all about top 4 as the club priority is top 4. Jose told him it sounds like he doesn’t need a coach anymore as he has it all worked out.

Final nail was Jose telling him this is why Spurs will never win anything because the club priority is in the wrong place and that he has built a fantastic business but will always have a poor football team.

Jose said there are things in his contract he cannot disclose but one day, when he writes his book, he will expose levy for the cnut that he is for everyone to see for themselves.

Jose told Kane he has to leave if he wants to win anything and fulfill his potential as best striker in world. Told Son to do the same. BUT he also told him Levy will be a total cnut about it and will not make it easy at all.

ALL players were rejoicing yesterday apart from Moura, Vinicius and Hojberg who are genuinely saddened. Kane and Son stayed professional. Lloris, Winks and Dele led the celebrations and mood around the training was lifted and they welcomed Mason and Powell with open arms.

There you have it. In a nutshell, levy is the cancer we knew he was."
All massively believable, but of course will add salt.

I absolutely loathe the despicable idea of the "Super League", but have to agree with you. I think Levy and the boys at the top were put in a position where a "No" was not possible. That being said, I think the "Super League" greed fit our owners perfectly. Even if they had the power and position to be confident and say "No", they would not. They would have instead been among the owners pushing for this change.
Great point. Even if were in a position where we could easily say no, do people really think ENIC & levy would have turned down all that £££ because they were worried about the fans not liking it.
Of course not!

Last edited:
The Levy prosecution has had its say, now the Levy defence team take the stand....

‘’Couldn’t turn it down’’
‘’Doing it the right way’’
‘’Competing with the big boys’’
‘’We will finally spend when this happens’’
‘’Better to be on the inside’’

If you believe any of that I am a Nigerian Prince and if you give me your bank details I will transfer you some monies.

we are probably always gonna get fucked over as 'customers' with over priced murch, overpriced season tickets, overpriced broardcast prices, overpriced everything tbh - the customers set the market based on how much we are willing to pay - and that amount is extremely high because of the love of our club. However, killing off the key principles of our game is never gonna be accepted - that can never happen and the way we stop that ever happening again is by removing majority ownership of our clubs from money driven investors = German model. And then once that's achieved we can start trying to improve the other stuff I previously mentioned. We are always gonna get fucked over to some degree but the main values and principles of football can never be allowed to be removed
You need to explain how fans are going to come up with the estimated 11 billion it would cost to buy 51% of all EPL clubs ... the idea is excellent and maybe the government can loan the cash ... but that cash has to come from somewhere.

Not sure how the "German Model" has protected any key principles before this week, BM dominate the league with income far in excess of any other club, the bottom 15 earn less than 25% of BM's revenue and even bigger divide than seen in the EPL.

Four clubs are now exempt, or in RB's case have got around, the 51% rule, more were expected to follow but again after this week maybe that won't happen.

I am a huge supporter of the 51% idea, we just need a way to make that work - cue our Tracey

Well, Einstein - that is really the difference between winning the Prem and CL or bottling year after year while charging fans the most expensive tickets to watch wank

Defending ENIC is deposable, imv - they have failed the fans time and time again
They say the number 1 reason we can't expect to compete is because we can't spend as much. Then say 'other than spending'! Now all of a sudden its just a small unimportant side note.

He betrayed this club, but I don’t blame him. He did what he thought was necessary.

He needs to go.
But who will come in?
The only soloution I see in this is that a new ownership structure takes place in English and European football.

Lewis the main shareholder. I am pretty sure they could get a list of candidates for chairman if they needed to. At the very least of Levy stays I want him totally off the football side of the club.

‘’Couldn’t turn it down’’
‘’Doing it the right way’’
‘’Competing with the big boys’’
‘’We will finally spend when this happens’’
‘’Better to be on the inside’’

If you believe any of that I am a Nigerian Prince and if you give me your bank details I will transfer you some monies.
Levy has no defence to be honest.....Anyone who defends him at some point brings up “money” or “financial security” for the future.....Jesus, has he been running the club so badly the only option was to sell out the fans for an ESL spot...?
The man was not protecting the club formed all the way back in 1882, or the future of football, he was simply protecting the clubs billionaire owners.....

It's like a cult - scary!
harvey korman GIF

When have I defended Enic and where have I said it will be worse with new owners?

It just enrages me that some of you lot are so blinded by hatred you miss the bigger picture.

If you think Liverpool's owners invested in the squad just for glory then you're deluded.
Sorry, glad you are open to new owners & aren't defending Enic. They are indefensible at this point.

Levy has just shown us that in reality he has all the morals of a Middle Eastern oil baron or Russian Gangster but without the money to back it up. Wasn’t part of the ENIC defence that we where doing it the right way, where has that all gone.

Seems like we are doing it the wrong way but won’t pay for success like the others. A broke arse Man City is what we are. Might as well sell out to the Chinese or whoever if Levy is the alternative, might as well buy success if we have no morals either way.
Oh yes I forgot all about the famous "doing it the right way". Proving to be anything but that now.
As you say Levy has very low morals too. Nothing to be proud of or shout about.

Even he resigned & did the right thing. Ours is worse & we are stuck with him.
& many still support him.
Let's not make Woodward out to be some noble character falling on his sword...he resigned in one of those "resign or be sacked" situations. Should have been sacked ages ago...Glazer used him as a scapegoat.

Back
Top Bottom