Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the tide is starting to turn. Every defeat hurts, but at least a few more are starting to see through the sham

Search Twitter - #levyout

How much is it Levy and how much is it ENIC??

or should we treat the two as the same? (Being genuine here....)

I’m not looking for an argument or a cunt off here, it’s that I have no idea whether the underinvestment is all DL’s fault. Tbh none of us on here do...

I hate Abramovich’s Chelsea and the Oil doped Man City. The (Spursy?) irony of our club is that we are owned by a tax-dodging non-Dom billionaire who won’t open his fucking wallet - not even for a bargain basement make-do lump to play up front in a crisis!

Everything is a "masterstroke" to the cult, they think because Levy got VDV on the last day one time that he is a "Deadline day expert" #Levytime despite that being utter bollocks.

They also think whenever we spend low money on a signing that it's going to be a "player for the future" and build up unrealistic expectations (Gedson) and these players will be a "world class talent" despite no other clubs being remotely interested.

They also think that when a high priced signing flops it's justifcation for never spending that money again and "proves Levy right" which suits ENIC perfectly because it's more reason for them to go for another "long term project."

In other words, ENIC are right and everyone else is wrong, anyone who doubts them are wrong and we should all worship our corporate overlords or get fucked because we aren't "real supporters"
Very, very good post.
Hard to argue with any of that.
it’s tough, because it’s the club we love.
But we have to face facts. I’ve always disliked Levy’s attitude to transfers- even when Poch was pleading to get the right ones in early for a full preseason. This brinksmanship might save the club some money from time to time, but we have probably lost out on a number of signings over penny pinching & players joining with no pre season under their belt will struggle.
Those barren widows where we didn’t freshen things up have hurt us badly. We got to the CL final but after that, the team had genuinely run its course in its current form.
We hold on to players for too long, trying to squeeze every penny out of their sales. Eriksen should have been sold the minute he refused to sign up, & the whole transfer fee should have been made available for new signings. Same goes for Toby to be honest.
That was probably £100 million for new signings with the fees for those 2 players alone.
We all had a laugh when Liverpool lost Coutinho, but they had a plan for that money, spent it properly and they are reigning CL champions and walking the league in spite of that hilarious result yesterday.
They didn’t have to spend last summer, but I bet they wade in with some huge signing(s) this summer to freshen up the squad.

How much is it Levy and how much is it ENIC??

or should we treat the two as the same? (Being genuine here....)

I’m not looking for an argument or a cunt off here, it’s that I have no idea whether the underinvestment is all DL’s fault. Tbh none of us on here do...

I hate Abramovich’s Chelsea and the Oil doped Man City. The (Spursy?) irony of our club is that we are owned by a tax-dodging non-Dom billionaire who won’t open his fucking wallet - not even for a bargain basement make-do lump to play up front in a crisis!
They are one and the same, mate.
Lewis may be the majority owner, but Levy is part of the family and his front man at the football club. (no pun intended)

Other clubs like Chelsea and city have shown you have to have the best players to compete, it's simple.

No we don't have a sugar daddy but neither do other clubs that compete for the best players, but they also do not have premier league money...
Errmm, ok...
giphy.gif

The guy is an actual cunt

His statement justifying us not spending reminded me of the queen during austerity saying we need to tighten our belts from her palace.

Levy the most well paid chairman in the league, charging the most expensive ticket prices etc tells us he's not really ever going to back a manager. Midget slaphead prick.
Did she really? I must have missed it. I'm anti royalist at the best of times but that beggars belief.

Levy you fucking piece of shit. Big fancy stadium fucking shit team
100%. Always a worry at the back of my mind.

Harry Kane’s wages are quite a lot. Sell him.
He's earning more injured than most of us in a year. I've always been a fan of Harry but he was completely off the boil before his injury. He desperately wants medals and would be open to big clubs because Levy and Co have reduced us to a mediocre one. In order for Harry to do his job, he needs feeding and he's not getting it which is why he's been so ragged recently. I think he'll end up at RM or Barca unless something is done in the summer window. And Son too.

He's earning more injured than most of us in a year. I've always been a fan of Harry but he was completely off the boil before his injury. He desperately wants medals and would be open to big clubs because Levy and Co have reduced us to a mediocre one. In order for Harry to do his job, he needs feeding and he's not getting it which is why he's been so ragged recently. I think he'll end up at RM or Barca unless something is done in the summer window. And Son too.

Well I think he would stay a season with no CL football.

But fail to win anything next season then I think he would be off. I would like to think he has some loyalty to the club. But wouldn’t begrudge him a move at age 28/29 or whatever he would be if we have failed to win anything.

He would benefit from playing less and being rotated more as he gets older and needs to manage his physical capacity.

Get the impression he’s his own worst enemy for that. And we need him so play him......

Back
Top Bottom