Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
D Levy should be commended on the training ground and stadium - both excellent. This isn't a Levy out dig, he's done really well on that side of the brief. On the football side he's Harry Redknapp, minus the car - his love of wheeling and dealing has cost us a number of times and he should be kept as far away from that part of running our club as possible.

There are obviously problems with our recruitment which I hope are being addressed now. Please get in a proper DoF and a good scouting structure and we can undo some of the damage from the past couple of years.

D Levy should be commended on the training ground and stadium - both excellent. This isn't a Levy out dig, he's done really well on that side of the brief. On the football side he's Harry Redknapp, minus the car - his love of wheeling and dealing has cost us a number of times and he should be kept as far away from that part of running our club as possible.

There are obviously problems with our recruitment which I hope are being addressed now. Please get in a proper DoF and a good scouting structure and we can undo some of the damage from the past couple of years.
You only undo the past mistakes by selling at silly prices. So Pamela and Ndombele sell for what and then spend again. I agree with you that we desperately need to sort out the scouting network but don't see how this will solve the past?

You only undo the past mistakes by selling at silly prices. So Pamela and Ndombele sell for what and then spend again. I agree with you that we desperately need to sort out the scouting network but don't see how this will solve the past?

We obviously can't solve it at a stroke - we can only hope to mitigate the various missteps. Whether we get top 4 or not this season (££) will obvs play a big role in how quickly we can undo the damage.

We obviously can't solve it at a stroke - we can only hope to mitigate the various missteps. Whether we get top 4 or not this season (££) will obvs play a big role in how quickly we can undo the damage.
I'm sorry to say that I think that ship has sailed. If we lose to UTD at home ,we will have lost to 3 of our rivals at home. If City's ban is upheld we will still be out of the CL ! It's looking like a cup run and trying out some youngsters might be the best we can hope for.

And so it begins

Fuck you Levy.
Bollocks to subscribing to that. Any chance of you posting the quotes in the article from Harry that have got you so het up please?

I’m imagining they go along the lines of “I’m gone in the summer cos Levy is a cunt”, etc?

Because there are quotes right? This isnt just newspaper bullshit right?

Bollocks to subscribing to that. Any chance of you posting the quotes in the article from Harry that have got you so het up please?

I’m imagining they go along the lines of “I’m gone in the summer cos Levy is a cunt”, etc?

Because there are quotes right? This isnt just newspaper bullshit right?

The same journalist said the same last year. Easy clickbait.

Look at our own transfer thread. Why people don’t understand this all makes money I will never know.

And maybe he’s guessed right. Harry should want to win trophies, and has repeatedly said it.

Guesswork and rumours and good old bullshit will be right sometimes. Broken clock saying isn’t it.

I'm not in either camp on this issue but here's my assessment.

DL and ENIC are doing a great job at running a business but the football club and the things that are important to the fans are secondary to making money.

They set out with an objective to turn us into a regular Champions League club but only because it made business sense to do that.

They didn't invest in the squad because they could get away with doing that. They're now starting to turn over the squad because the Champions League money is at threat but I'm sure it will happen a lot more slowly than we would like and probably not in the way we will be happy with. (For example I don't think we will sign a backup striker. More likely a player that can play AM and striker at a push).

The reason they run the football club secondary to the business is that there is no financial incentive to do anything differently. Fans still showing up to games, spending money in the stadium before and after games and the number of trophies or quality of football don't really seem to change that.

Most expensive tickets, put season ticket prices up, people still renew. So they might put a couple more tickets on the exchange but they still get bought and the tourists that buy those tickets will spend more money than a season ticket holder smuggling in a cheese sandwich and a punnet of cherry tomatoes. Quids in again.

We will invest in the squad in the summer but only because the CL place is under threat. I think we will start winning trophies (not the League or CL) but only because the business want to do that to further promote the club around the world. I also think the atmosphere at the stadium and the style of football we play aren't on their list because it won't impact the balance sheet.

Bottom line is that they have found the perfect home here because Spurs fans will still turn out and support the club no matter how shit things get because we're used to it. And ENIC will continue to do a mediocre job at running a football club because the only league that matters to them is the football rich list.

My expectations over the next 5 years is to win one or two domestic trophies. Champions league qualification 4 out of 5 times, Mourinho moved into international management with England or Portugal, a new promising but unproven manager at spurs, a squad that Jenas describes as being maybe 2 or 3 players short of challenging for the League and we'll all still be having this same conversation.

I'm not in either camp on this issue but here's my assessment.

DL and ENIC are doing a great job at running a business but the football club and the things that are important to the fans are secondary to making money.

They set out with an objective to turn us into a regular Champions League club but only because it made business sense to do that.

They didn't invest in the squad because they could get away with doing that. They're now starting to turn over the squad because the Champions League money is at threat but I'm sure it will happen a lot more slowly than we would like and probably not in the way we will be happy with. (For example I don't think we will sign a backup striker. More likely a player that can play AM and striker at a push).

The reason they run the football club secondary to the business is that there is no financial incentive to do anything differently. Fans still showing up to games, spending money in the stadium before and after games and the number of trophies or quality of football don't really seem to change that.

Most expensive tickets, put season ticket prices up, people still renew. So they might put a couple more tickets on the exchange but they still get bought and the tourists that buy those tickets will spend more money than a season ticket holder smuggling in a cheese sandwich and a punnet of cherry tomatoes. Quids in again.

We will invest in the squad in the summer but only because the CL place is under threat. I think we will start winning trophies (not the League or CL) but only because the business want to do that to further promote the club around the world. I also think the atmosphere at the stadium and the style of football we play aren't on their list because it won't impact the balance sheet.

Bottom line is that they have found the perfect home here because Spurs fans will still turn out and support the club no matter how shit things get because we're used to it. And ENIC will continue to do a mediocre job at running a football club because the only league that matters to them is the football rich list.

My expectations over the next 5 years is to win one or two domestic trophies. Champions league qualification 4 out of 5 times, Mourinho moved into international management with England or Portugal, a new promising but unproven manager at spurs, a squad that Jenas describes as being maybe 2 or 3 players short of challenging for the League and we'll all still be having this same conversation.
Top post, mate.
It's always good to read an impartial take on the situation and you certainly made some great points.

Back
Top Bottom