Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was too angry to even look at the forum until now but you blame as usual everything on Levy and could not wait to post this and other posts as soon as the match finished. I know you do support Spurs but contribute to other threads as well.
Levy is the man at the helm. Every major decision is made upon his approval.
Until recently he's had a free pass from too many supporters like yourself.
However, if you genuinely find the stick he's now rightly getting for our alarming downfall upsetting, maybe the "Levy Out" thread is not the thread for you.

Before you go, though, your thoughts on this?

Eb9AncDWoAAHuHv

Levy is the man at the helm. Every major decision is made upon his approval.
Until recently he's had a free pass from too many supporters like yourself.
However, if you genuinely find the stick he's now rightly getting for our alarming downfall upsetting, maybe the "Levy Out" thread is not the thread for you.
John, I criticise Levy all the time and never agreed with no purchases in 2018 but there are other issues and whilst I still have to read some of the other threads, Mourinho and the players must take responsibility for yesterday. If we lost to Liverpool then money spent on players is an issue but this was Sheffield United whose players should not be capable of scoring 3 goals against us. Did Sheffield United spend more than us this season? Money is not the reason we lost yesterday. Stop just being a 1 issue poster when there are so many problems.

Too many of the players were signed often with more onus on financial risk than quality IMO, which is a major factor in the reduction in quality of the squad recently.

We get a proven manager in and he has to work with some utter twats that we're still not exactly sure if Pochettino even wanted in the first place.

The unbalanced state of the squad is clearly not a managerial decision or one based around coaching. Far too obvious, look at the amount of players we were actively trying to fuck off who cost big money and hardly played in the last 3 years or so...even the ones who wanted to leave were flogged before contracts ran out to squeeze every last pound out of them.

The man who negotiated the value of 5 Tottenham shirts off the Modric transfer fee.

Levy got lucky with Poch, the emergence of Kane, and the fact the top 4 had to go through significant rebuilds.
The CL run - which involved freakish amounts of luck - was probably a curse insofar as it covered up the cracks which were emerging in the PL form. The defeat also destroyed Poch's self-belief - his almost supernatural belief in destiny - and he hasn't been the same since.
At Tottenham, it seems, every gift comes with a curse.

Levy got lucky with Poch, the emergence of Kane, and the fact the top 4 had to go through significant rebuilds.
The CL run - which involved freakish amounts of luck - was probably a curse insofar as it covered up the cracks which were emerging in the PL form. The defeat also destroyed Poch's self-belief - his almost supernatural belief in destiny - and he hasn't been the same since.
At Tottenham, it seems, every gift comes with a curse.
Spot on in the seasons we did best

Liverpool,Man City and United were nowhere near the standard they should've been

I do worry about Poch a bit these days, after seeing the Sky interview in his garden. He looks broken.
Let's bring him back and have another go.
The worst thing Poch could do for himself is come back and work for Daniel Levy.

He deserves, and will get, a chance to work with a club who's main concern is where it matters to the fans. On the pitch.
He's a passionate man. Unlike Levy, he's a football man.

There's only one thing that would give me more satisfaction than seeing Poch walk back through the door. Daniel L€vy walking out of it.

The worst thing Poch could do for himself is come back and work for Daniel Levy.

He deserves, and will get, a chance to work with a club who's main concern is where it matters to the fans. On the pitch.

There's only one thing that would give me more satisfaction than seeing Poch walk back through the door. Daniel L€vy walking out of it.

If Poch ends up in Spain his team will become my team, if he got a Madrid team I'd even consider getting a season ticket, my love for the man is strong, he really got being a Yid, if only levy could

Poch doesn't hold any ill will to Levy. Maybe he understands the situation better than us from the outside. Poch is a tough character and he wouldn't stand up for Levy unless he felt he had been treated ok overall.
Bring Poch back next year after he has had a proper recharge. The club's financial situation means a rebuild can't be financed internally nor can we sell Kane (nor should we) for top value as transfer activity will die off.
These things run in cycles, I think Man City may have peaked; Man U and Chelsea are in new cycles too; Liverpool will dominate for the next 2 seasons or so. We were coming to the end of a cycle around 2018 and the CL run masked this. We can start the new cycle in 2020 with Poch's return, and develop the players like Tanganger.
Normally I say never go back after leaving - but something feels different, like it could actually work. But I know the chances of it happening are very slim.

Can’t believe people want Poch back. I mean I love the man and hold the utmost respect for the joy he has brought to all of us by shaping our best team in Premier League but it was clear that he and Tottenham needed a break from each other. Now going back after him like a needy man goes back after his ex-wife when everything been said and done is not going to put us back in the right place. We made a change because we had to, because there was nothing left to be given. We need to go for a young and tactically efficient manager who plays attractive football and can build teams up with young players.

I wished we had won something with Poch but it wasn’t to be. Maybe in the future if he will have won trophies and has more experience how to handle finals, maybe he will come back and we’ll finally win something under his helm. But that’s doubtful, don’t think he will ever have the chance to come back.

He deserves, and will get, a chance to w

Can that happen on the same day please, and and can we arrange for another bald parasite say Jeff Jeff Bezos to hand Poch a blank cheque for about 700m for players that said day.

If Poch ends up in Spain his team will become my team, if he got a Madrid team I'd even consider getting a season ticket, my love for the man is strong, he really got being a Yid, if only levy could
I think he’s nailed on to take over Real after Zidane

Back
Top Bottom