Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
same kinda time the money got involved in football and fucked the game up totally

And yet, since then, Birmingham and Swansea have won the league cup, Woolwich and Wigan won the FA cup (and Portsmouth in 2008) and Leicester won the league. A league we should have won.

Money is king but success is still possible. We’ve been in two finals with Poch, multiple semis and runners up in the league too. It’s also mentality. I’m no Levy apologist, but fuck me he can’t fix mentality, can he?

I’m no Levy apologist, but fuck me he can’t fix mentality, can he?
Signing 2 old crocks like Nelson and Saha to push on in a title race.

Imposing our own transfer embargo for 18 months after finishing above Woolwich Liiverpool and Chelsea.

Headlines like these while our players are told we can't compete on wages
Tottenham players stung by Daniel Levy’s £6m pay

I don't think Levy helps one bit when it comes to installing a winning mentality.

And yet, since then, Birmingham and Swansea have won the league cup, Woolwich and Wigan won the FA cup (and Portsmouth in 2008) and Leicester won the league. A league we should have won.

Money is king but success is still possible. We’ve been in two finals with Poch, multiple semis and runners up in the league too. It’s also mentality. I’m no Levy apologist, but fuck me he can’t fix mentality, can he?
Levy would be happy with top 4 & no trophies for as long as he is here. So if you are bothered by no trophies than you have to put some blame on the owners & levy. After all, they are picking these bad managers who can't install a winning mentality in our players.

Levy would be happy with top 4 & no trophies for as long as he is here. So if you are bothered by no trophies than you have to put some blame on the owners & levy. After all, they are picking these bad managers who can't install a winning mentality in our players.

My point was more that we were in a position to win things and failed in the pitch, really. That was more down to the manager and players specifically.

Agreed. Profits way before trophies. The evidence shows this. Can't understand anyone being a massive enic/levy fan but then complaining about a lack of trophies.

Some of these ENIC supporters believe that over the long term the profit they make will be reinvested into the team making us capable of winning trophies and that's why we have built this stadium etc.

Any criticism of us not seeing any evidence of this so far is met with "the stadium has just been built, it requires patience you melt!"

This will be the party line for the entirety of the time we have debt with the stadium for some of these people when we don't spend money, it's like dealing with politicians claiming to spend billions on the NHS but the reality is it's just collapsing all around us.

There are certain posters on this very forum (no need to name them because anybody with a pair of eyeballs can see who they are) that will shill until the end of the earth for Levy and ENIC, either through self delusion or because they genuinely care more about the business side of things than the football side of things.

Either way, when you look at ENIC and their model over the long term there is absolutely no indication that we will suddenly start spending huge sums of money to win trophies, anybody who thinks that's why the stadium was built are living in LA LA land.

The stadium, just like everything else ENIC have done, was built to widen their portfolio, gain more profit and have more ownership, the biggest lie people tell themselves is that ENIC care about spurs like they are supporters of the club, even Levy who has been watching spurs since he was a kid (allegedly) is always going to put ENIC and their interests above the club.

I don't get people who have these cult like connections to the manager, players or owners, the only thing you should be concerned about as a supporter is if your club is improving where it matters, on the field during the 90 mins of football each week, everything else is IRRELEVANT, stadiums, whilst nice are ultimately IRRELEVANT (unless the money earned from larger stadia is reinvested into improving the team which we have zero evidence of so far and like I said, given ENIC and the way they operate I have huge doubts we will see it, ever.)

Levy is just a pawn mate, he's doing the job the owners are telling him to do (and very well according to them considering his pay.)

The owners are the real issue here, THEY are the ones holding us back imo.

Last edited:
Signing 2 old crocks like Nelson and Saha to push on in a title race.

Imposing our own transfer embargo for 18 months after finishing above Woolwich Liiverpool and Chelsea.

Headlines like these while our players are told we can't compete on wages
Tottenham players stung by Daniel Levy’s £6m pay

I don't think Levy helps one bit when it comes to installing a winning mentality.
But in amongst it all, Levy had time to micro manage the position of a CCTV camera in the training ground car park ( allegedly )

#winners

And our own guy has his snout in the trough more than the rest, so it seems

Premier League club's chief executive's salaries revealed

Are we supposed to be proud that we have the highest paid chairman in English football?

Because if we're in the business of defining our clubs success by results on the pitch, it's a fucking outrage

I like you John, although we have a different view on many things you come across well thought out and to the point but these kind of posts don't help you mate. The majority of people know that the £6m Levy was paid was made up largely of a one off payment in bonus for all the work he did on the stadium project, roughly half of it I believe.

I know you're anti Levy but these kind of posts don't paint a true and fair picture, it's just propaganda to reaffirm what you believe. If anyone has the actual payment he received that's separate for the bulk bonus that would probably be a far fairer thing to analyse. We also have to remember that unlike Woodward and Gazidis he does actually own a large part of the football club as well so rightly so with the risk and responsibility involved he should earn a little more as well in my opinion.

Take the bonus off and paint a truer picture please pal.

Edit- here's a link I've found quickly to highlight something about it for anyone thinking the £6m was for business as usual work Levy did that year:

However, it’s not the full picture. Levy’s £6m “wage” includes not only substantial bonuses for delivering Spurs’ new stadium — a hugely complicated and transformative project that is expected to boost the club’s stature into the upper echelon of the Premier League — but also includes a back-dated pay raise and bonuses for Spurs’ profit margins recently.

Building a stadium is a hugely difficult task, requiring countless hours of logistics, management, and budgetary work over an extended period of time, and Levy has pulled it off magnificently. He’s due to deliver what will almost certainly be the finest stadium in England on time (if not under budget). It should rightfully be considered the capstone achievement of his tenure as Tottenham Hotspur chairman.

Last edited:
City’s owners own a country
How about a small injection of cash from the Royals? They're a total waste of money so siphon off a couple of hundred million from the privy purse and put to a much better use by not having it wasted by a load of inbred chinless wonders.

Some of these ENIC supporters believe that over the long term the profit they make will be reinvested into the team making us capable of winning trophies and that's why we have built this stadium etc.

Any criticism of us not seeing any evidence of this so far is met with "the stadium has just been built, it requires patience you melt!"

This will be the party line for the entirety of the time we have debt with the stadium for some of these people when we don't spend money, it's like dealing with politicians claiming to spend billions on the NHS but the reality is it's just collapsing all around us.

There are certain posters on this very forum (no need to name them because anybody with a pair of eyeballs can see who they are) that will shill until the end of the earth for Levy and ENIC, either through self delusion or because they genuinely care more about the business side of things than the football side of things.

Either way, when you look at ENIC and their model over the long term there is absolutely no indication that we will suddenly start spending huge sums of money to win trophies, anybody who thinks that's why the stadium was built are living in LA LA land.

The stadium, just like everything else ENIC have done, was built to widen their portfolio, gain more profit and have more ownership, the biggest lie people tell themselves is that ENIC care about spurs like they are supporters of the club, even Levy who has been watching spurs since he was a kid (allegedly) is always going to put ENIC and their interests above the club.

I don't get people who have these cult like connections to the manager, players or owners, the only thing you should be concerned about as a supporter is if your club is improving where it matters, on the field during the 90 mins of football each week, everything else is IRRELEVANT, stadiums, whilst nice are ultimately IRRELEVANT (unless the money earned from larger stadia is reinvested into improving the team which we have zero evidence of so far and like I said, given ENIC and the way they operate I have huge doubts we will see it, ever.)
Excellent post. Thank you.

Yeah & I remember Woolwich fans getting the new stadium & thinking in a few years it will pay off & they will be winning major trophies. Look where that has gotten them. Most be some who wish they were back at Highbury winning titles again.

I like you John, although we have a different view on many things you come across well thought out and to the point but these kind of posts don't help you mate. The majority of people know that the £6m Levy was paid was made up largely of a one off payment in bonus for all the work he did on the stadium project, roughly half of it I believe.

I know you're anti Levy but these kind of posts don't paint a true and fair picture, it's just propaganda to reaffirm what you believe. If anyone has the actual payment he received that's separate for the bulk bonus that would probably be a far fairer thing to analyse. We also have to remember that unlike Woodward and Gazidis he does actually own a large part of the football club as well so rightly so with the risk and responsibility involved he should earn a little more as well in my opinion.

Take the bonus off and paint a truer picture please pal.

Edit- here's a link I've found quickly to highlight something about it for anyone thinking the £6m was for business as usual work Levy did that year:

However, it’s not the full picture. Levy’s £6m “wage” includes not only substantial bonuses for delivering Spurs’ new stadium — a hugely complicated and transformative project that is expected to boost the club’s stature into the upper echelon of the Premier League — but also includes a back-dated pay raise and bonuses for Spurs’ profit margins recently.

Building a stadium is a hugely difficult task, requiring countless hours of logistics, management, and budgetary work over an extended period of time, and Levy has pulled it off magnificently. He’s due to deliver what will almost certainly be the finest stadium in England on time (if not under budget). It should rightfully be considered the capstone achievement of his tenure as Tottenham Hotspur chairman.
I'd have preferred his bonus goes on players. I doubt he would leave over a bonus. & we need every penny we can save.

Back
Top Bottom