Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yup, Holtby actually has a competitor, Kagawa doesn't as he's about ten times as good as the players getting put into the team ahead of him...
I'm all for competition, but it seems holtby is being looked over in every situation, like at the beginning of the season before eriksen he didn't start, now with eriksen here u could say they is competetion but it seems like eriksen is our ozil as in he is a garanteed starter, that's not fucking competetion. I'm not saying he is definitely better than eriksen but dam we treating him like he is jordan henderson all running with no skill. We've seen his qualities nd he has improved frm last season I just hope he starts some matches nd isn't played out of position preferably.

I'm all for competition, but it seems holtby is being looked over in every situation, like at the beginning of the season before eriksen he didn't start, now with eriksen here u could say they is competetion but it seems like eriksen is our ozil as in he is a garanteed starter, that's not fucking competetion. I'm not saying he is definitely better than eriksen but dam we treating him like he is jordan henderson all running with no skill. We've seen his qualities nd he has improved frm last season I just hope he starts some matches nd isn't played out of position preferably.
completely agree mate, I think he deserves to start against the spammers, I felt he deserved to start against the chavs as well tbh...

completely agree mate, I think he deserves to start against the spammers, I felt he deserved to start against the chavs as well tbh...
I think I'm overreacting becoz of the fact he left a champions league team nd was well sort after. To his credit he came here out of passion rather than the normal reason of a higher pay check, and he seems like the lad that brings the whole team together. All this kagawa nd mata situations hv made me paranoid that he might want to leave coz of lack of playing time. Anyway £ost important thing is that we win, nd I trust avb will find a way to fit him in, coz although he wasn't in the 'bale's money gang' he seems like the most likely to be the future leader of our young squad.

I think Holtby would be hella buzzin in his first league start (especially if it was at the Lane) and would put in a serious performance. He deserves it from his cup play for sure.

Holtby was injured at the start of the season mate, he's being brought in slowly.

He still wasn't properly back from injury. Would have been dangerous to start him.

People don't seem to understand the position AVB is in. We've got a lot of games to play and it's important to get off to a good start. He's handled every situation brilliantly so far. We are playing games every 3 to 4 days right now. The international break would often give our players a break, but due to the quality of our squad they don't all get that break. Our players can't play a game followed by another one less than 100 hours later, unless you want to risk effectiveness and fitness. Holtby was hurt at the start of te season. That's a main reason why eriksen jumped right into the bpl. Holtby won't be playing with Germany this international break. This should give him a rest compared to eriksen. I'm not sure how much this will affect the situation, but people need to relax and enjoy the performances we're putting up. His time will come

People don't seem to understand the position AVB is in. We've got a lot of games to play and it's important to get off to a good start. He's handled every situation brilliantly so far. We are playing games every 3 to 4 days right now. The international break would often give our players a break, but due to the quality of our squad they don't all get that break. Our players can't play a game followed by another one less than 100 hours later, unless you want to risk effectiveness and fitness. Holtby was hurt at the start of te season. That's a main reason why eriksen jumped right into the bpl. Holtby won't be playing with Germany this international break. This should give him a rest compared to eriksen. I'm not sure how much this will affect the situation, but people need to relax and enjoy the performances we're putting up. His time will come

]Nah. Screw that. Holtby either plays now or should be shipped off asap.

:troll:.

Always looking to make things happen whilst also being very tidy, was rather impressed by him watching him this morning. Kept an eye on him whilst he was playing for Schalke was very impressive there, shame he isn't getting more game time IMO he would fit in very well next to a defensive midfielder with Eriksen in front.

Schalke_Car.jpg

Being an ex Schalke player this seems like a good place for this.

Holtby's dummied the ball for Andros' cross to go in.....right?? I've said it to couple of people, and they don't seem convinced.....he made that goal, but is getting no credit.....someoen back me up!! :klinsmann:

I don't know. He definitely ducked out, but it may have been to get out the way of Soldados boot. Cracking dummy if that was what he was doing though.

Some players are suited for certain games... I think (with the delicious power of hindsight) AVB got it right with Sandro/Paulinho supporting Siggy & Holtby... and I dare say he'll choose something similar for Hull at home... the line-up for Sherrif is anyone's guess!!

Everton away on the other hand, demands the BIG GUNS! I imagine Eriksen will want a run out at the very least!

Some players are suited for certain games... I think (with the delicious power of hindsight) AVB got it right with Sandro/Paulinho supporting Siggy & Holtby... and I dare say he'll choose something similar for Hull at home... the line-up for Sherrif is anyone's guess!!

Everton away on the other hand, demands the BIG GUNS! I imagine Eriksen will want a run out at the very least!
You don't think Holtby wants to be able to go home and to family meets and gloat like a madman about beating his english' family team?

Oh, I forgot about that aspect....
HE'S GOT TO START!

Lamela in for Siggy perhaps... but other than that, what do I know/

Back
Top Bottom