Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we should try and play Holtby and Eriksen together in some games,to see if it works.
Something like:
Soldado
Lamela Eriksen Townsend
Sandro Holtby
or
Soldado
Eriksen Holtby Townsend
Sandro Paulinho

999704_10151884442044404_579651677_n.jpg

Everton will be very interesting. They are taking on Wigans attacking hallmarks, lots of bodies forward, full/wing backs getting high up the pitch. Im pretty sure they have also gone with a back 3 at least once.

How much of Moyes defensive hallmarks remain though?

If they open up and go for us I would fancy us to pick them off. If they stay tight? I dont know, they are very dangerous on the break. Should be a very good game.

I would be tempted with Holtby as AM if we use Lennon/Townsend to really stretch them, his energy will be really important as will his early passes. If we play narrower forwards, Holtby/Sigurdsson on the left for example, I might be more tempted with Eriksen seeing he will have more support and his awareness in close quarters will be valuable

I do reckon Chadli and Dembele get on really well though. When I was in Glasgow airport waiting for my bags a couple months back, the Belgium national team were about to play Scotland and were waiting for their bags as well. Chadli and Dembele were sat in a three with Witsel, whereas Vertonghen was with (I think) Mertens.

Amusingly Kevin DeBruyne was sat by himself, but that is probably because nobody wanted to talk to the Chav scum.

Looks like the seats are geographically organised. Germans next to Belgians. Would say Lloris and Kaboul are in front of Chadli and Dembele and behind Soldado who gets to sit next to AVB. Eriksen sitting behind Holtby. Sandro and Paulinho in the row behind Lamela and then the English players are all sitting on a little island far away from all these foreigners.

Lewis Holtby wants Andros Townsend protection

"I think it's great what the kid has done, it's unbelievable," Holtby told Goal.com.

"He's creating so many chances for us and it's good to have him in the squad. But we don't want to put too much attention one player because the whole squad has done their job; everyone in the team has done a fantastic job so far.

"Everyone in the team is pleased and happy for Andros that he's receiving so much limelight at the moment, but it can turn around very quickly. You know how it is - everyone will be giving him stick if he has one bad game. We have to be very protective [of him]."
... Already becoming a leader. :holtbytongue:
#FutureLegend

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be a real love affinity on this forum for Holtby. I just wondered...why?

From what I've seen of him off the field, he seems to have a very likable personality, maybe this goes some way to bettering people's opinions of him, but I personally feel that we are yet to see the best of Lewis on the field.

As an avid Bundesliga fan, I saw a lot of him at Schalke prior to his move and he looked the genuine article. I was delighted, and rubbed it in the face of my Woolwich family (particularly as they showed an interest in him as well) - but the boy has let me down since, culminating in a role-reversal of the above piss-taking.

I thought his English background would help him settle quickly and he would soon establish his place in the team, but this hasn't happened. I must be honest, I'm still not sure which position in our 4-2-3-1 system suits him best. Maybe that's the problem - no consistency on the pitch?

To clarify my position, I really like Holtby and I definitely think he has enough quality to be in our first team, but with his form stuttering and a new influx of attacking players, I fear he may be squeezed out of the picture.

@ Millbanks Millbanks I'm not too surprised that he's not adjusted that quickly, he's never lived abroad before afterall. He's only got a second hand experience of full english culture, and he had no experience living here full time. He's not like Eriksen who went abroad at a really young age and has experience adjusting to new culture and life.

@ Kalyl Kalyl But he does speak the language, which is half the battle when moving abroad, surely?

I'm also surprised because the Bundesliga and the Premiership aren't that different, so I thought he'd settle in quicker.

It's been 9 months now, he best get a move on!

Back
Top Bottom