Liverpool At Home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Parker looks to be back soon. No news or BAE or Kaboul :(.

I'll be at Hamilton Hall for a few beers before going straight to the ground. Hoping for a quality atmosphere, though those Scousers do tend to be a loud bunch

This'll be a fascinating one to see if the West Ham performance was a false dawn. I felt that West Ham had done a really poor job retaining the ball and closing down space especially as we entered the final third, and ceded us a ton of possession. Also they had basically no one to threaten us with pace on the break.

Liverpool will be pretty much be the opposite situation in all respects. I'm a little worried we'll get overrun in midfield, especially if we play Defoe and Dempsey up front and Liverpool execute a three-man defense like the one Man City used effectively against us in the second half of that match:

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/11/12/manchester-city-2-1-tottenham-tactics/

More significantly, Silva moved into a central position between the lines, in a zone Tottenham were completely overrun in. With Dempsey now the responsibility of the centre-backs, Spurs now had a problem in central positions. Broadly speaking, the two Tottenham centre-backs and the two central midfielders were forced to deal with five City players, and Silva was naturally the man to find – and use – the space most effectively.

Of course Liverpool don't have a player of Silva's quality to exploit space as a number 10ish player in this scenario. I guess their options would basically be either Suso or Shelvey.

Balls, turns out am going to be sat in travelling back from Manchester when this kicks off.

We will lose, because this is exactly what has happened the last few times I got my schedule wrong and have been 'up north' for a game like this.

Suarez will score and I will be upset, not because he is a racist, but because he is a weasel faced cunt. He just happens to also be a decent player, which is a shame.

And I don't like Mancunians, they should not be allowed to leave the city the filthy wretches.

Any pointers for a decent live stream for tonight's game, will probably have to watch it on android as I'm my girls taxi service tonight.
:avbfacepalm:

If we win I'll be all like this:

jzlE8.gif

(the worrying thing is that I do actually dance like that :bae:)

Is the game on TV out in Norway tonight seeing both clubs have big following out there?
probably is... but I'm not touching the norwegian tv stuff, it sucks... I mean you folks feel that a lot of commentators on sky and epsn are horrible, they've got nothing on the folks at TV2! Not to mention it's expensive as hell so I'm not a subscriber :bentley:

probably is... but I'm not touching the norwegian tv stuff, it sucks... I mean you folks feel that a lot of commentators on sky and epsn are horrible, they've got nothing on the folks at TV2! Not to mention it's expensive as hell so I'm not a subscriber :bentley:
Doesn't Erik the Viking do the sports over there?
I have more of a problem with the actual footage on Sky... Pisses me off when they keep putting the camera on the crowd instead of the game.

Have to disagree there. The PL coverage on TV2 is excellent (and fuckin' amazing compared to the Canal plus days). Lots of interesting guests and many of the people involved are Spurs supporters, so that doesn't hurt. Thorstvedt is often in the studio, and yes, tonight the main event is Tottenham vs LiverLol.

Have to disagree there. The PL coverage on TV2 is excellent (and fuckin' amazing compared to the Canal plus days). Lots of interesting guests and many of the people involved are Spurs supporters, so that doesn't hurt. Thorstvedt is often in the studio, and yes, tonight the main event is Tottenham vs LiverLol.
I've never really hear them in the studio as I'm not a subscriber, from the few excerpts I've seen they can be decent from time to time. The commentators we have in norway though... jeebus I can't stand the lot of them, spouting nonsense and often not having a clue about the teams they comment on. (tv2 might be better than the morons at viasat, but I still don't really like em.

I've never really hear them in the studio as I'm not a subscriber, from the few excerpts I've seen they can be decent from time to time. The commentators we have in norway though... jeebus I can't stand the lot of them, spouting nonsense and often not having a clue about the teams they comment on. (tv2 might be better than the morons at viasat, but I still don't really like em.
Totally agree about Viasat! Very amateurish.

Back
Top Bottom