Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why don't you get the dislike?
I personally for example do not hate him. But I just see that fundamentally he is very bad at football and he cannot fill the position we would need him to fill.

He is in 98th percentile for pressures, so he runs around a lot. But at the same time
his SUCCESS in these pressures is in ... 4th percentile.... so 96% players are better at this in his position across top 5 leagues in Europe (!!)
He basically is a traffic cone, as emphasized by "dribbled past" statistic where he is in 18th percentile...

Not to mention his contribution to help our attacks -
- progressive passing distance - 15th percentile
- progressive passes - 33th
- pass completion (short) - 60th
- pass completion (medium) - 58th
- pass completion (long) - 56th
- long passes attempted - 10th
- passes into final 3rd - 4th
- crosses into penalty area - 27th
- carries- 57th

He is just poor all around - cant pass (long nor short), cant carry, don't cross.
So there is something very wrong with this lad ability.

But you can always have opposing view. I would in fact like to know what he is good at? What attributes does he have that should make us keep him and fans like him? Honest question here.
He isn't a RWB though. He's a right back that's being played out of position doing a fairly good job. I don't actually disagree with a lot of the points, he certainly isn't the best player but we kinda live in a world where a player either has to be amazing or rubbish. You can't just have a standard player anymore. Matt Doherty was someone who has shown that being played in the correct position (RWB) helps a hell of a lot compared to being played at RB. Emerson doesn't actually put in many poor performances so I don't know why it gets built up about him getting rinsed in this game.

I remember when Emerson played his first game against Crystal Palace, he'd only been here for about 3 days and was thrown in at the deep end. We lost 3-0 and he was dubbed the worst signing ever.

Nah, we’ve got this in the bag. You’re just not being positive enough. 3-0 to the mighty Spurs, they’ll never be able to handle our counter attacking genius!
That kind of attitude is really damaging to the club and the team

They definitely read this forum and pick up on the negativity

:contesmile:

Oh I don’t rate him. He should be sold. I’m just saying why people may be kinder about him, or not want to be too critical if they can help it.

He tries. Fans are generally forgiving of players who do that.

Yes I agree

He always gives 100%, doesn’t hide, doesn’t whine to the press if he doesn’t play, always joins in the celebrations when we score etc and seems a decent guy unlike some

Sadly his ability is virtually zero and needs to be moved on this summer

Yes I agree

He always gives 100%, doesn’t hide, doesn’t whine to the press if he doesn’t play, always joins in the celebrations when we score etc and seems a decent guy unlike some

Sadly his ability is virtually zero and needs to be moved on this summer
Excellent teeth too.

Excellent teeth too.

Very important

Youll Never Walk Alone Champions League GIF by Madman Films

Why don't you get the dislike?
I personally for example do not hate him. But I just see that fundamentally he is very bad at football and he cannot fill the position we would need him to fill.

He is in 98th percentile for pressures, so he runs around a lot. But at the same time
his SUCCESS in these pressures is in ... 4th percentile.... so 96% players are better at this in his position across top 5 leagues in Europe (!!)
He basically is a traffic cone, as emphasized by "dribbled past" statistic where he is in 18th percentile...

Not to mention his contribution to help our attacks -
- progressive passing distance - 15th percentile
- progressive passes - 33th
- pass completion (short) - 60th
- pass completion (medium) - 58th
- pass completion (long) - 56th
- long passes attempted - 10th
- passes into final 3rd - 4th
- crosses into penalty area - 27th
- carries- 57th

He is just poor all around - cant pass (long nor short), cant carry, don't cross.
So there is something very wrong with this lad ability.

But you can always have opposing view. I would in fact like to know what he is good at? What attributes does he have that should make us keep him and fans like him? Honest question here.
That's astonishing if accurate.

I like the guy, he's passionate about the team, but there's not much room for a mascot at the top and he's definitely an area we need to upgrade

Were not going to the Normandy beaches like those brave men in 44. That was a reason to be scared. We are tottenham hotspur. Positive mindset, good mentality and making right decisions we can come away with something. We've done city home and away. COYS.

Were not going to the Normandy beaches like those brave men in 44. That was a reason to be scared. We are tottenham hotspur. Positive mindset, good mentality and making right decisions we can come away with something. We've done city home and away. COYS.
Will we bite them on their peaches?

In fairness mate, we can have as positive a mindset as we like, they just don't bloody lose at home unfortunately.

He isn't a RWB though. He's a right back that's being played out of position doing a fairly good job. I don't actually disagree with a lot of the points, he certainly isn't the best player but we kinda live in a world where a player either has to be amazing or rubbish. You can't just have a standard player anymore. Matt Doherty was someone who has shown that being played in the correct position (RWB) helps a hell of a lot compared to being played at RB. Emerson doesn't actually put in many poor performances so I don't know why it gets built up about him getting rinsed in this game.

I remember when Emerson played his first game against Crystal Palace, he'd only been here for about 3 days and was thrown in at the deep end. We lost 3-0 and he was dubbed the worst signing ever.

Plenty on here wanted to sell Son after 1 season. And quite a few want to sell him now.

Football knowledge is in quite short supply on here. Plenty of pashun though.

Which makes up for it. This is England.

Plenty on here wanted to sell Son after 1 season. And quite a few want to sell him now.

Football knowledge is in quite short supply on here. Plenty of pashun though.

Which makes up for it. This is England.

Son is extreme outlier.
For every Son there is number of Jannsens, Soldados, Lamelas, Ndombeles, Sessegnons, Nkoudous, Nijes and so on and so on.

It is obvious rule that who are shit to begin with will remain shit. We can't just keep every poor player and expect miracle to happen. I love Son and it might not be popular opinion, but as team if we would have cut our losses with 10 shit players, replaced them with better ones early and would have lost Son in process, we could have been better off.

Were not going to the Normandy beaches like those brave men in 44.
This brings to mind the great Australian cricketer Keith Miller. He was a pilot with the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) during Second World War, and fought in Europe.

When asked by Michael Parkinson, about pressure in cricket, Miller responded "Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse, playing cricket is not".

Back
Top Bottom