Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had the best chances , been quite happy with that performance hopefully better in the second half.
Hoddle is a legend and also a knob

That final pass just not coming off at all.

I actually think that was a good half of football from us. We have a game plan, not trying to go toe to toe against their better players. Good shape, hard work, some threat, a bit of luck. It’s 0-0 at HT. They absolutely must win. So far they are not. So what’s not to like?

I thought we played well today tactically. Game plan was to stay deep and draw Liverpool up high so that we can counter attack then.

That’s the only way we can win Liverpool.

COYS!

Gameplan is excellent so far, I think we have a shot of nicking one if Liverpool don't come up with anything new second half.

Personally I'd give Bergwijn a shot on the wing to help with the pace on the counter instead of Kulu who doesn't really have the ability to run in behind, but in Conte we trust.

200.gif

Emerson Royal brilliant. Bravo.

Kulusevski, Bentancur and Kane are just not sharp enough. Keep expecting the ball to come to them when in a game like this you can't because Liverpool will be on top of you. We simply aren't playing it out well enough after defending situations well.

I actually think that was a good half of football from us. We have a game plan, not trying to go toe to toe against their better players. Good shape, hard work, some threat, a bit of luck. It’s 0-0 at HT. They absolutely must win. So far they are not. So what’s not to like?
If we could get that final pass off, like that Kulu pass that went nowhere, we'd be leading by now.

Kane and Kulu just utter wank so far.

Royal showing what he does well, defending. Kane not at it. Our first touches have been poor, Son could've been through on 2 occasions. Betancur isn't doing well, Hojbjerg on the other hand superb.

Good job, considering away to a pool in the fever of a tight title race.

Conte still needs to straighten them out, tho.

More composure needed and more collective intensity on counters.

Back
Top Bottom