Lokomotiv Plovdiv Vs Tottenham - Thurs 17th Sept 5pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hart
Aurier - Sanchez - Dier - Cirkin
Hojbjerg - Gedson
Bergwijn - Ndombele - Sessengon
Son

Lloris, CCV, Doherty, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Kane​

pretty pissed off BT haven't picked this one up for being televised. It's still a Europa League fixture and they have the licencing for every game in the competition.

We’ll scrape through but I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost.
It pains me to say it and i dont want it to happen but i do wonder if a defeat in the short and long term would do us a favour. It would either hasten the departure of the manager and/or be another massive wake up call to Levy that we need to spend some serious money and have a proper shake up on the football side. We simply dont have the squad to go full in on the Europa this season so dont see us winning it.

It pains me to say it and i dont want it to happen but i do wonder if a defeat in the short and long term would do us a favour. It would either hasten the departure of the manager and/or be another massive wake up call to Levy that we need to spend some serious money and have a proper shake up on the football side. We simply dont have the squad to go full in on the Europa this season so dont see us winning it.

It wouldn't do us any favours, if you think we are hesitant to spend now we will be even more hestitant to spend without the money that comes from playing in Europe.

The EL is such a shit competition that you can play your second string and kids until February, once we get through these qualifiers there is no need for Kane or Son to play a single minute until the later knockout phase.

It wouldn't do us any favours, if you think we are hesitant to spend now we will be even more hestitant to spend without the money that comes from playing in Europe.

The EL is such a shit competition that you can play your second string and kids until February, once we get through these qualifiers there is no need for Kane or Son to play a single minute until the later knockout phase.
Maybe. I'm just desperate for some sort of change and gubbing a 1-0 against Plovdiv will just be business as usual.

There is no way we are gonna lose this game, it's too important for everybody. I think Jose will play what in his mind is the strongest squad possible

There is no way we are gonna lose this game, it's too important for everybody. I think Jose will play what in his mind is the strongest squad possible

That in itself is an issue - we desperately need to rotate with the number of games we have

But I agree, I think there will now be pressure to play a stronger team

If we lose this, how long do you think Jose has left? Serious question.

If we lose this we should be questioning the players just as much as the manager.

I refuse to accept that yesterday's effort was the best the players can give. If it was, then we are totally fucked and no manager can save us. The players simply didn't seem excited to start a new season. They need to fucking wake up.

That in itself is an issue - we desperately need to rotate with the number of games we have

But I agree, I think there will now be pressure to play a stronger team

We don't need to rotate too much for this game, it's a normal Europa week and we have a huge number of players who badly need minutes. Where we risk going out of these cups early is when that silly run of games starts the week after.

Fuck me, if we get knocked out of this at the first stage with another turgid display the pressure is well and truly on Jose. Quite simply a must-win.

Personally, I'd take all those under-performing wankers from yesterday over there and say, fuck you, even if you're not playing you're travelling.

If we lose this we should be questioning the players just as much as the manager.

I refuse to accept that yesterday's effort was the best the players can give. If it was, then we are totally fucked and no manager can save us. The players simply didn't seem excited to start a new season. They need to fucking wake up.

We don't need to rotate too much for this game, it's a normal Europa week and we have a huge number of players who badly need minutes. Where we risk going out of these cups early is when that silly run of games starts the week after.
Totally agree but Jose’s decision making needs to be called in to question here aswell, and the players don’t look like they are playing for him which is a worry.

Back
Top Bottom