Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely Naar means no? :llorisserious:

Lol. Sounds like it, but it's dutch for 'to'.

Rough translation

AMSTERDAM -
Louis van Gaal will go to Manchester United. The coach of the Dutch team last night reached an agreement with the English club. Van Gaal (62) spent the last few days in the Portuguese Algarve, where he has a nice villa, negotiating with Ed Woodward, one of the Glazer brothers and a lawyer over a multi-million pound contract.

The man that was the absolute number one on the list of candidates, for the succession of the dismissed manager David Moyes, will start work with the current champions of England after the elimination of the Dutch team at the World Cup in Brazil .

Van Gaal has a tough job because he has to build a completely new team. For that, he will get 100 million in transfer funds at his disposal. He has already done the initial recommendations for strengthening. The Glazer family, owners of Manchester United, have great faith in Van Gaal, who has won trophies at all the clubs where he worked.

From the moment David Moyes was sacked from the Manchester United post – circa 5.01 am last Tuesday morning – he’s been touted as the favourite to take over long-term, and reports in Holland this morning are confirming it:

Louis van Gaal has signed a 3-year deal to take over at Man United after the World Cup, where he’ll be leading the Dutch national team, bringing Patrick Kluivert as his assistant.

No sooner has De Telegraaf’s story been published, than it’s been understandably poo-pooed as idle speculation back in England.

For starters, how would the Dutch media have been privy to such valuable info that the English seemed to miss?

Indeed, the Daily Mail’s Ian Ladyman – an authority on Man United – has tweeted that it’s been denied by the club, while also noting De Telegraaf’s possible conflict of interests in cooking such a story.

Capello for us then.

You heard it here first.
th

Not bothered. Would prefer De Boer over Van Gaal. And Bielsa over both. Though I saw him linked with Marseille the other day?

From the moment David Moyes was sacked from the Manchester United post – circa 5.01 am last Tuesday morning – he’s been touted as the favourite to take over long-term, and reports in Holland this morning are confirming it:

Louis van Gaal has signed a 3-year deal to take over at Man United after the World Cup, where he’ll be leading the Dutch national team, bringing Patrick Kluivert as his assistant.

No sooner has De Telegraaf’s story been published, than it’s been understandably poo-pooed as idle speculation back in England.

For starters, how would the Dutch media have been privy to such valuable info that the English seemed to miss?

Indeed, the Daily Mail’s Ian Ladyman – an authority on Man United – has tweeted that it’s been denied by the club, while also noting De Telegraaf’s possible conflict of interests in cooking such a story.

Ladyman...:adelol: (yeah, childish, i know - but hey, someone had to say it)

EDIT: oh, wait... Sorry Swhap Swhap :D

Not bothered. Would prefer De Boer over Van Gaal. And Bielsa over both. Though I saw him linked with Marseille the other day?
Same here, but we're not going to get De Boer. I've heard great things about Bielsa, and his Bilbao team were great to watch, a good candidate for me. Pochettino would also be very good for us, looks like he knows where he wants to take his teams and how he wants to get there

Back
Top Bottom