Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it would be too big a risk for them and a bet with really bad odds, he's obviously not ready for such a job.
But haven't we proven this season that you can haul a record points tally with a manager with no experience?

That's it, I'm laying £500 on a Giggs-fueled ManU treble.

SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy are the comments that you mention from Pinochio recent? Or is this from when Benitez was linked after candle face got sacked?
Cheers

They are recent quotes from what I can make out.
His quote below regarding how well he did at Chelsea shows it was post Redknapp.

Benitez would jump at chance to manage Spurs
benitez-would-jump-at-chance-to-manage-spurs.jpg

Action Images
by Steven Deeks

26th April 2014 3:46pm BST

Rafael Benitez would jump at the chance to manage Tottenham Hotspur, according to Liverpool legend Phil Thompson.

The ex-Liverpool and Chelsea boss has an impressive CV that includes helping both those sides to European and domestic glory during his stints at the clubs
The Spaniard is currently managing Napoli in Serie A with his side sitting comfortably placed in third place after enjoying a good campaign where they could still claim the Coppa Italia if they beat Inter Milan.

Spurs are strongly rumoured to be looking for a new manager - with a raft of names being linked to the job including Louis van Gaal and Frank de Boer, who have both revealed they would be interested in taking the role.

But former Reds assistant boss Thompson thinks Benitez would not hesitate to take over at White Hart Lane if offered the chance.

"Rafa is a top quality coach who did a great job at Chelsea under great pressure. And if they do decide to go for him at Spurs then from what I hear he would jump at the chance of taking the job," he told Sky Sports

Last edited:
The fans have been divided over our last 3 managers, would be fantastic if the new manager can unite us again.

I think any manager is going to do this though because the media will turn on our next manager no matter who it is because they love Timmeh. If Pochettino for example comes in the media will no doubt use the fact he still uses a translator (even though he speaks fluent English) against him. The more gullible fans will buy into it and once again we'll be divided because too many people have 'too much pride' to change there judgement about someone.

I'd love to know just WHO the jingoistic, anti-Spurs media WOULD approve of as our next manager?

I'm guessing Harry, closely followed by Timmeh or Sam ALLARDARSE!

The fans have been divided over our last 3 managers, would be fantastic if the new manager can unite us again.

I'd love for that to happen, but the Spurs fan base seems a tough crowd these days. We could resurrect Bill Nick and there would be those who'd moan he's old fashioned. A bit of unity and patience wouldn't go amiss!

Just out of interest, if Van Gaal doesn't get the United job for whatever reason and came crawling back to us would you still take him?

Don't know with Levy's temperment, LvG's crazyness I am not sure it would work although he is a brilliant manager. Pochenttino and De Boer are without doubt my fav's, both have a structured tactical game but also prefer attacking football to defensive a sort of a combination of the best bits of Harry and AVB and both are diplomatic so they might please Spurs fans and Levy enough to remain more than one season.

As lng as Moyes doesn't come I'll take it, Tim ain't great but we could do a lot worse. I hope Levy pushes hard on Pochenttio.

Just out of interest, if Van Gaal doesn't get the United job for whatever reason and came crawling back to us would you still take him?
so based on wild eyed speculation, a healthy amount of prejudice and blind stupidity, you have decided that LVG has actually made a decision, put in his CV to Manure, after shafting a cast iron contract to Levy - and now he has to come "crawling back"?

Seriously mate, what feckin planet do you live on?

so based on wild eyed speculation, a healthy amount of prejudice and blind stupidity, you have decided that LVG has actually made a decision, put in his CV to Manure, after shafting a cast iron contract to Levy - and now he has to come "crawling back"?

Seriously mate, what feckin planet do you live on?

He has obviously applied for the job at United, that is clear for all to see. I don't believe the speculation that he isn't their favourite choice however I was merely speculated what you would think if he did then say he was interested again...

That's all really mate :adesalute:

You have to be kidding! Look at some of the barmy posts on this and any other thread. People posting complete and utter crap, based on all kinds of made up nonsense, whilst speculating on everything and anything - and then multiplying it all out by the fabricated nonsense in the gutter press.
Chuck into the mix the holier than thou crapheads who want to have a cross between the Pope, Little Jimmy Osmond and Mother Theresa as manager - and you have an audience base of certifiable loons who will invent practically anything to deride the poor sucker that gets the job, whilst claiming that anyone who doesn't proclaim (insert sacked Spurs manager name here) to be the living embodiment of (insert deity here) should be publicly shot.

He has obviously applied for the job at United, that is clear for all to see. I don't believe the speculation that he isn't their favourite choice however I was merely speculated what you would think if he did then say he was interested again...

That's all really mate :adesalute:
obviously because of what? Have you seen a TV clip where he publicly states that he has done that - or that he even applied for Spurs?

As far as I can see - all of this shit is based on nothing but idiot quotes from the Dutch equivalent of the Daily Star.
Where has he been attributed to saying he was interested in Spurs?
I have read that he said somewhere that he was interested in managing an EPL side after he quits the Holland role, post WC.

sorry but it was your notion that he would have to come crawling back.........

I honestly think that most Spurs fans really want a new manager who has vision, clarity, guts and who is fully motivated to winning the club its first league title in 50 + years. People are favoring De Boar, Pochenttio.LVG, I don't care where the new manager is from, he has to want to win and also want to create some history and be a part of something special. A line has to be drawn and the new manager given the time, resources and support to make this happen.

Back
Top Bottom