Lucas Bergvall

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Biss is maybe, poorly arguably a 6.

Benta is definitely an 8, and really not a 6.

It seems silly to not address one of our biggest weaknesses this year in the hopes that a very attacking young midfielder might somehow also be an excellent destroyer - in the prem of all places.

You might be right. But I sincerely hope that you are not.

Probably posted this before but it's an interesting read. Bergvall will take up one of our ESC slots next year and hopefully the Vuskovic loans will get him enough GBE points to not take up a slot next year.

Probably posted this before but it's an interesting read. Bergvall will take up one of our ESC slots next year and hopefully the Vuskovic loans will get him enough GBE points to not take up a slot next year.
Looks like we will only get 1 spot next season and we also have Veliz on a ESC slot, so one will have to go on loan.

Looks like we will only get 1 spot next season and we also have Veliz on a ESC slot, so one will have to go on loan.
I think we'll be on at least 2, I think we're somewhere around 21% over the last 3 years (heard that we're only around 8% EQP this season although not worked it out myself) and then we should get another slot for the contributing England youth internationals. Can see why we're being linked to players like Gallagher and Eze though because they would both bring up the EQP and could contribute to getting an extra slot through representing England.

Also I think Veliz possibly has enough GBE points now to not take up a slot next season?
If I am reading it correctly, you are right. Looks like he would have gotten 12 points for being in a match day squad for a Band 1 team (pick either EPL or La Liga) plus 6 points for making his debut in a Band 1 league , which he did in both.

It looks like Vuskovic just needs 1 start or sub appearance to qualify.

Going to be a bit of a nightmare for the average fan to know how many ESC (Elite Significant Contribution) players Spurs can sign at any particular time.

But also means there's another benefit to playing 'domestic' players (including our u21 players for First Team), our players playing for E and getting our youngsters to play for E u20/ E u21 (3 or more on average over 3 years) to help Spurs have the ability to sign players qualifying as ESC who we wouldn't otherwise be able to sign.

Odd that as Spurs only just qualify to get 2 ESC player slots through Forster playing in place of Lloris at end of 22/23 season !

Provided Bergvall can replicate some of the form we've seen on videos this season playing in Sweden in pre-season, I've no doubt we'll see Bergvall in a few first team playing squads and hopefully getting some playing time in the first month or two of the season, and play enough to convert him to a non ESC player to regain the ESC slot.

Someone on Lange's team or otherwise at Spurs are going to have to spend quite a lot of time to monitor the ESC position of the club !

Going to be a bit of a nightmare for the average fan to know how many ESC (Elite Significant Contribution) players Spurs can sign at any particular time.

But also means there's another benefit to playing 'domestic' players (including our u21 players for First Team), our players playing for E and getting our youngsters to play for E u20/ E u21 (3 or more on average over 3 years) to help Spurs have the ability to sign players qualifying as ESC who we wouldn't otherwise be able to sign.

Odd that as Spurs only just qualify to get 2 ESC player slots through Forster playing in place of Lloris at end of 22/23 season !

Provided Bergvall can replicate some of the form we've seen on videos this season playing in Sweden in pre-season, I've no doubt we'll see Bergvall in a few first team playing squads and hopefully getting some playing time in the first month or two of the season, and play enough to convert him to a non ESC player to regain the ESC slot.

Someone on Lange's team or otherwise at Spurs are going to have to spend quite a lot of time to monitor the ESC position of the club !
Thank fuck we kept the immigrants out

Spurs E u20 or E u21 players next season who can help Spurs increase the number of ESC spot would be Dane Scarlett, Alfie Devine, Jamie Donley, Ashley Phillips and Will Lankshear - with the likes of George Abbott and Tyrese Hall joining those players in the next year.

So we are quite well placed to those players earning us another ESC place in the next year or so.

Back
Top Bottom