Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine Lucas this window and Malcom in the summer. The idea of us spending a lot of money alone is enough to get me off, now we just need to flog the academy

Think we need Levy to back Pochettino that is for sure.

People always say this but I think Poch is quite particular. There were fairly reliable reports that levy was willing to buy Barkley and Poch said no, a lot people on here seem to think Poch is banging on levy’s door begging him to spend money and frustrated on missing targets to other clubs, I don’t think this is the case. They seem like a good team and both agree a player is good available and costs the right amount levy will do all he can to get the job done.

All speculation but it feels like we are on the cusp of a little loosening of the reigns as far as budget goes by Levy. Seems like he has faith in Poch and has every intention of supporting him in my opinion.
Still lots to play out but the biggest difference is that we are not looking to shift out 5 or 6 players every year and then replace them. The feeling I have is we have a great squad that we will fight hard to keep, achieve this and you are only looking at brining in one or two players, this is easier to integrate and means we can spend higher on each as opposed to spreading the amount over five or six singings. The other side is we are looking at very young but highly rated players, ones for the future but given the right conditions can also push for a place (Foyth, Sanchez, Dele, Sess, Dier and a few other names doing the rounds). Time will tell.

no chance of a loan? this guy has been going backwards. He doesn’t score much either, even in a piss league like France playjng for the dominant club. Underwhelming as fuck.

no chance of a loan? this guy has been going backwards. He doesn’t score much either, even in a piss league like France playjng for the dominant club. Underwhelming as fuck.
I think they need money for FFP. No loans unless there is a concrete clause for purchase in summmer. No options. Edit( it’s going to be a long summer!)
Really they can’t ask for too much.
He supposedly on €80k a week (£70k). http://www.totalsportek.com/money/psg-salaries/
His contract is up in 2019.
So I reckon it will depend on
If he wants to come here, as he’s been given permissions to talk to others, Real Betis want him bad apparently
And the wages/personal terms .

Last edited:
Ey?

He's progressed every single year from 2012 to 2017
If he’d really progressed would we be picking him up for 25mill with little competition from others, would he be sitting on 30 caps as a 26yr old. He’s looking to revive his career because it’s petered out and he’s lost his place (was he really first choice anyway) and doing fuck all in a shit league

Ey?

He's progressed every single year from 2012 to 2017
Regarding the links before
I was reading somewhere Totti that when we first interested for him he was playing central, like a no 10.
Since then he’s been playing on the right, so it’s a place we need a player, could do with some competition for Lamela, Sissoko and Dele in that position as Son starts predominantly on the left of the 3.
He combined with Aurier well down that side apparently at PSG . I wouldn’t know as I didn’t see much of them.

Also he’s shown a bit of versatility. Which Pochettino likes.

He’s not played a lot so will have to do some work before getting a starting place.

Myself I don’t see it happening.
He’ll probably go to Spain

If he’d really progressed would we be picking him up for 25mill with little competition from others, would he be sitting on 30 caps as a 26yr old. He’s looking to revive his career because it’s petered out and he’s lost his place (was he really first choice anyway) and doing fuck all in a shit league
I think that has a lot to do with his contract length and their need to sell to meet FFP.
There are others interested.
However, as far as the top teams are concerned in the PL it’s not a position they need filling at the moment.
Woolwich and Man U were interested before.

You could say the same about Toby Alderwiereld
Eriksen
Vertonghen
Lloris
Etc

He has more caps for Brazil than Coutinho. Who gives a fuck how many caps he has?

Michael Carrick should have had over double the amount of caps hes got yet he's been behind the likes of Wilshere, Parker etc for years. Again, means sweet fuck all.

Why is no one else interested? Mostly because those not interested have strength in that area perhaps? I've seen that Liverpool, Woolwich, Dortmund etc all interested.

Back
Top Bottom