Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He isn't a god awful player but he has been here long enough, isn't good enough and can easily be replaced.

Easily replaced? Whats he worth now - 15-20m? Turning 29 soon; I agree we need to move him on sooner rather than later.

We paid 30m for Bergjwin and I wouldn't consider him an upgrade on Moura.

Easily replaced? Whats he worth now - 15-20m? Turning 29 soon; I agree we need to move him on sooner rather than later.

We paid 30m for Bergjwin and I wouldn't consider him an upgrade on Moura.

Bergwijn is definitely better than Moura.

As for replacements Moura spent a lot of time moving inside as a CAM, I would much rather have our better players starting there and Olise who just went for 8M replacing Moura on the bench.

If you want to see him as a winger/AM Matheus Periera from WBA is a better and younger player rated for around the 15-20M you said we would get for Moura.

If you see him more as a second striker as he was earlier in his career, Adam Armstrong is likely going for 15-20M and he is a better, younger HG player that would be more useful than keeping Moura.

Three players that improve our team if we swap out them for Moura, all for a cost similar to what we would sell Moura for. So yes easily replaced.

I'm yet to see any evidence that Bergwijn is as good as Moura let alone better

And i'm not really a Lucas fan

Let's be real , they are both bang average

They both should be improved on for sure.

But if we are keeping one it makes way more sense to keep the younger, better Bergwijn.

They both should be improved on for sure.

But if we are keeping one it makes way more sense to keep the younger, better Bergwijn.
Moura is erratic and should be improved on , but has on a few occasions been a real game changer, far to infrequently. Not sure I can think of a single instance where Bergwijn has, he has popped up with a very occasional goal but never been a game changer

Lucas Moura isn’t a starting XI fixture for a top four team, but he has pretty frequently been a spark and brought some impetus to a listless pile of garbage performance for us, I’m not so sure I’d just bin him off for nothing.

I would say that they are both better than average and are good players tbh. However you are right about Bergwijn, he really needs to show better performances.. and right now he hasn't proven that he is better than Moura. I actually think Moura is probably one of our best players coming off the bench.

Lucas Moura isn’t a starting XI fixture for a top four team, but he has pretty frequently been a spark and brought some impetus to a listless pile of garbage performance for us, I’m not so sure I’d just bin him off for nothing.
This. He has incredible talent and energy, just can't package it in a way that makes him as consistently effective as he should be. I do like him, I'd be interested to see him play in Italy.

I think the 15-20m we could possibly sell him for is more useful to us right now than his contributions on the pitch.

Moura has also been contributing better defensively over the last season. I find that he’s actually pretty good at tracking back.

He is.

It's just that he looses control of the football too often. No doubt he works hard. Im a fan of his and love the drive he brings, but he hasn't shown much upfront in the past 2 seasons.

I’m fine with Lucas staying as a squad player and I’m fine with moving him on. It’s clear that he is not capable of scoring or assisting goals regularly at the PL level but he works hard for the team. He runs his knackers off but his play with the ball is frustrating in the extreme.

Of course but it’s going to be very tough to get people to buy our truly awful players. Lucas is one of the few that would definitely get a decent fee.
Totally this. I keep seeing Moura is a decent enough player(which is debatable) but the fact is he has 2 years left on his contract and he, along with Winks, Sanchez and maybe Davies are the average players we'd get an alright fee for. We'll be lucky to get £5m a piece for Aurier,Lamela, Sissoko and CCV.

Back
Top Bottom