Malachi Fagan-Walcott.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A month younger than Parrott but Parrott is allegedly not ready and we were losing and needed a goal. We have enough defenders fit and yet he came on for a few minutes while Parrott sat on the bench. Think Jose is just being stubborn in not using Parrott.

His rationale is that he's protecting Parrott so that his attitude later in his career is right - I think he should maybe concern himself with what's happening right now rather than worrying about Parrott's future

His rationale is that he's protecting Parrott so that his attitude later in his career is right - I think he should maybe concern himself with what's happening right now rather than worrying about Parrott's future

Maybe there are legit concerns about him behind the scenes?

He's happy enough to play Tanganga.

Maybe things would have turned out differently with Edwards if he hadn't been told he was the new Messi before playing a single competitive minute?

Just musing.....

Maybe there are legit concerns about him behind the scenes?

He's happy enough to play Tanganga.

Maybe things would have turned out differently with Edwards if he hadn't been told he was the new Messi before playing a single competitive minute?

Just musing.....

There may well be legitimate concerns, but Mourinho needs to think about himself here......

Be happy.
He looked tall enough for JM and he can run like a hare and he could save us £20m on Aaron's, who I don't rate as highly as some do.
Also he has to try as many youngsters as possible because we cannot continue to spend £20m-£50m on every position. Lets be honest we need more than the 2-3 that Levy will sanction.

Last edited:
There may well be legitimate concerns, but Mourinho needs to think about himself here......

I thought the broader accusation was that Jose was self serving already and using Troy as a pawn.

If (!!!) Troy has lost focus then maybe Jose doesn't see him being any current use to us.

Why is it assumed to be "spin" at all?

Like I've already noted; he's genuinely working with Tangaga. Why not Troy?
Because if he throws him in and he is out of his depth, it may ruin his self-confidence. He has given him an improved contract!
JM thinks that you don't win anything with kids, however he has now given 3 debuts to the youngsters because he will not have endless money.

Because if he throws him in and he is out of his depth, it may ruin his self-confidence. He has given him an improved contract!
JM thinks that you don't win anything with kids, however he has now given 3 debuts to the youngsters because he will not have endless money.

I'm confused how your answer correlates.....

I'm confused how your answer correlates.....
OK let me make it simple for you......
Parrott is young, JM is paid to make big decisions.
Do you REALLY think that he wouldn't love to play him, because of our injuries.
BUT he still thinks he is too immature.
I suspect that, if we lose the grip on Europe, he will play several youngsters.
Why am I the only one glad that Fagan-Walcott got 10 minutes ?

No need to be patronising.... Esp. as it turns out you hadn't grasped the thread of what I had been asking?

You're not.

I suspect that, if we lose the grip on Europe, he will play several youngsters.

I think Parott may be going through some sort of internal discipline for his *ahem* "associations outside of the club" . There has been too much work done in the last ten years and as a brand, can't risk having a up and comer jeopardize that.

As for (henceforth shall be known as) Malachai, I'm excited for him, I'm excited for any born and bred Tottenham lad who clearly wants to play for the club and the shirt. If he's as talented as he seems to be and willing to run through walls for the club then I hope and wish nothing but success for the lad with us.

No need to be patronising.... Esp. as it turns out you hadn't grasped the thread of what I had been asking?

You're not.
Why criticise someone who does give 2 young players debuts, in defence, just because of Parrott.
It is much easier to give a forward a debut as any mistakes don't give away goals.

Why criticise someone who does give 2 young players debuts, in defence, just because of Parrott.
It is much easier to give a forward a debut as any mistakes don't give away goals.

I wasn't criticising anyone.... Like I say you've got the wrong end of the stick.

Back
Top Bottom