Man Citeh (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Enraged.

You play your strongest 11 NOT what IN THEORY is your favourite formation. AVB missed a trick out there today against a rattled and pretty poor City display.

Dempsey is fucking dog shit, and I would happily see him never play another game for us. I dont give a fuck right now. AHEAD OF DEFOE??? THEN AHEAD OF ADE?????

Was that better than 2 up top? REALLY? Did it stopped us getting raped??

I'll await all the replies about "oooh we are 5th.....oooh you are so entitled"

Yeah, well Im entitled to see our manager pick our best team. Shocking.

Walker off.....why not just bring on Naughton, and utilise Lennon down the wing, to supply for Ade who was our best player?

Oh, yeah, cos you took Ade off......and Lennon......and played Gallas RB

Better teams will get beat at Eastlands...there's no shame in it. Admittedly we didn't look too positive in the latter stages, but with so many vital players out injured and our attacking support not doing anything of note (Sigg, Dempsey) we're not big on options right now.

Can't tell whom we missed more.

1. BAE - Taxi for Jan! It feels like he seems shakier on the left with each match.

2. Dembélé - Hudd looked good in the first half but disappeared in the second. It also felt like Huddlestone let us settle into a "defend the lead" position.

3. Kaboul - I don't think Gallas is as bad as people say, though he did get lucky on the hand ball today. Our problem was awful passing and an inability to kick City out when they decided to take over Jan's corner of the pitch.

What on earth was Dempsey supposed to be doing…

If we could keep a clean sheet it would be fine but our defence isn't good enough to play defensively.

United proved we need to score at least 3 goals to beat these teams and still just about hang on.

Sandro was a beast today, agree Dempsey was invisible again and thought we looked alright at the back until Daws came on then there was gaps everywhere.

The thing is, we dont need options up front. We have a working, scoring, competent, fit front two. In fact, thats our strongest position, but he point blank refuses to play it.

Maybe Andre thought Citeh away would be a different sort of game to Maribor at home and decided to reinforce the middle of the park with Dempsey sitting deep rather than having Defoe further forward.

I mean, City being unbeaten at home in two years, having better players, being the champions... Yeah it's all true. But none of it changes the fact that our football was, again, shit. I've been saying it since we brought AVB in, its good to support the manager of course. But there's no point making excuses for dull and clueless football.

Everyone needs to calm down, look we got beat by a team that has better quality all over the pitch. They're champions of England and haven't lost at home in two years, there isn't any shame in it.

You can't place all the blame on the manager, it's not his fault our passing was terrible and we just gifted the ball back to City time and time again.

Look there's no point getting all worked up about this, if asked honestly we probably expected nothing from this game prior too it. Wait till have our full strength squad and if we are still playing shit then I'll listen to all this negativity.

Come On You Spurs!

So predictable...

Adebayor did well to hold up the ball and draw fouls in the first half but he seemed to run out of steam as soon as the second half started, If your going to play a cagey 4-2-3-1 formation then you need players (attackers) to hold onto the ball when they finally manage to get hold of it. Dempsey might as well have gone and sat by the corner flag, absolute waste of space once again.

Sloppy at the back throughout, Vertonghen in particular was poor, can't see it being any better against Woolwich if we keep this same shape and formation, inviting the opposition to attack constantly will always lead to trouble when you are playing with a questionable defence. Thought Sandro was out only decent defensive minded player out there today, just a shame about the muppets behind him.

reinforce the middle of the park with Dempsey

How did that pan out?

Like we all knew it would i suppose. What AVB needs to do is stop lauding Defoe, then over looking a massive part of his game, which is dropping deep and helping out with defending. Ive seen Defoe in our own box, tackling many a time.

It was a different game to Maribor....but what has Dempsey shown he can offer in the middle than Defoe cant? A big fat nothing...again. Sick of it.

Its not working.

On the subs, The Adebayor one was surely because he was out of energy and sitting on a yellow? Dawson sort of makes sense when you consider Dzeko had just been bought on and needed to be countered by someone strong in the middle, especially after Caulker was pulled left to support Vertonghen all the time.

On the subs, The Adebayor one was surely because he was out of energy and sitting on a yellow? Dawson sort of makes sense when you consider Dzeko had just been bought on and needed to be countered by someone strong in the middle, especially after Caulker was pulled left to support Vertonghen all the time.
Dawson came on because Walker got a knock didn't he ?

dempsey.gif

"You can't see me, motherfuckers!"

You're right. And neither can your teammates.

Back
Top Bottom