Man City ban overturned.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting to see the full wording when it comes out: clearly something very suspect went on and, if I’m reading it right, some of the charges were rejected based on the 5-year wording in the document. The fact that, literally, everyone (except City) presumed this was going to be upheld, pretty much tells you they were guilty but it was dismissed on a technicality.

we won’t know until the documents are published, though. It may all be perfectly legit but there’s often no smoke without fire and the ‘inconclusive evidence’ suggests there’s something there, just couldn’t be proved.

Hate them more than the dippers.

City fan I just wanted to give our perspective on the issue since. A lot of city fans have spent the last however many years becoming experts on accounts FFP UEFA politics etc etc All the stuff a lot of other fan still ignore with there own club let alone rival clubs. We would all rather just be interested in football but all the other stuff is increasingly important.

This was an independent court that found us not guilt. The allegations come from out of context emails. This whole issue was investigated by UEFA with the original punishment for over spending and we where not completely but effectively cleared and that investigation was based on expert opinions and audited accounts not allegedly hacked or stolen emails many years late which are out of context and may or may not show what happened I can say I am going to do something does not mean I actually do it.

Our INDEPENDENTLY audited accounts, show no sponsorship from related parties and they follow UK and international standards and laws.

UEFA disagreed but could not really either prove it or prove any inflation. So as compromise they limited to secondary sponsors from increasing the value for a period of time and the other sponsor Etihad they said was fair value.

Its a matter of public record who owns Etihad and the other sponsors from the UAE and its no the Sheik nor are they as connected to our owner through management as the media would have you believe.

The emails which the media would have you believe are a smoking gun are out of context and and do not refer to our owner but HH which is Mohammed bin Zayed AL Nahyan who is the crown prince the top dog. They reference companies which we know are sponsoring city and its a matter of public record that they are and that they are not owned or controlled by our owner.

Its hardly surprising that City are able to spend so much these days given the high level of sponsorship mostly not from the UAE the lack of debt interest repayments or owners taking profit the high level or prize winnings the decent stadium we also make more than any club at the moment through sales of youth players. CFG also allows us to share costs such as scouting management finance marketing etc etc over multiple clubs

Despite the above clearly the narrative is that City got off on a technicality
"A stopper for closing a hole in a container" springs to my mind whenever I review this :
BUNG
Please do not try and defend your club on a Spurs forum. I'm sure you'll find the same reaction on any other football one you may also choose, except your own of course.

City fan I just wanted to give our perspective on the issue since. A lot of city fans have spent the last however many years becoming experts on accounts FFP UEFA politics etc etc All the stuff a lot of other fan still ignore with there own club let alone rival clubs. We would all rather just be interested in football but all the other stuff is increasingly important.

This was an independent court that found us not guilt. The allegations come from out of context emails. This whole issue was investigated by UEFA with the original punishment for over spending and we where not completely but effectively cleared and that investigation was based on expert opinions and audited accounts not allegedly hacked or stolen emails many years late which are out of context and may or may not show what happened I can say I am going to do something does not mean I actually do it.

Our INDEPENDENTLY audited accounts, show no sponsorship from related parties and they follow UK and international standards and laws.

UEFA disagreed but could not really either prove it or prove any inflation. So as compromise they limited to secondary sponsors from increasing the value for a period of time and the other sponsor Etihad they said was fair value.

Its a matter of public record who owns Etihad and the other sponsors from the UAE and its no the Sheik nor are they as connected to our owner through management as the media would have you believe.

The emails which the media would have you believe are a smoking gun are out of context and and do not refer to our owner but HH which is Mohammed bin Zayed AL Nahyan who is the crown prince the top dog. They reference companies which we know are sponsoring city and its a matter of public record that they are and that they are not owned or controlled by our owner.

Its hardly surprising that City are able to spend so much these days given the high level of sponsorship mostly not from the UAE the lack of debt interest repayments or owners taking profit the high level or prize winnings the decent stadium we also make more than any club at the moment through sales of youth players. CFG also allows us to share costs such as scouting management finance marketing etc etc over multiple clubs

Despite the above clearly the narrative is that City got off on a technicality
Do you actually believe what you wrote? Saying City havent cheated by being financially doped is like saying water isnt wet, you have the titles , but they are all tainted, your Plastic club sold its soul, none of it means anything, your platic club is owned and a figure piece for one of the worst regimes that exists, the fact your players even support the black lives matter protest is laughable, still all the money in the world and its little Tottenham who knocked you out the CL! :harrysmile:

We have been cleared but even if we had not been cleared. I do not see any counter arguments in your post and what qualifies you to disagree with audited accounts and UEFA original investigation which although it found us guilt of over spending but that was because they changed the rules some what or changed the guidance at least they did not find we had inflated sponsorship etc. There second investigation which found us guilt (cleared at cas truly independent body unlike UEFA) Was instigated due to allegedly hacked or stolen emails out of context and the investigation was supported by the established order or football royalty with vested interest
You got off on a technicality, your cheaters its as simple as that, your titles only came about after spending over £1.5 billion since 2008 and even now you're still not even the biggest club in Manchester? :levylol:

Fuck European places.... This about the integrity of the game.

Game is for sale. Dirty cunts can do whatever they want now.....

One more nail in the coffin.
I am somewhat amused at people on this thread that whine when we don't break FFP rules also whining at City not being punished for doing the same

I suspect UEFA’s lawyers who drafted the legislation are nowhere near as good as City’s lawyers who challenged it..

Message to UEFA - do the job properly in the first place,

It’s not about corruption, just competence.

Not surprised, but so disheartened. I was genuinely expecting a reduction to 1 year, and actually thought UEFA's 2-year ban was crafted (at least in part) to deliberately leave room for follow-up arbitration that would reduce (but not eliminate) the penalty.

This renders FFP toothless, and it is the wild west again. Already, looking at rosters, we seemed to be losing ground to Pool, City, ManU, Chavs. Now they are unleashed to spend, at the same time that our giant cash register stadium becomes instead a giant albatross around our necks with no end in sight thanks to the pandemic. For us in particular, as well as all of football, this is awful, awful news.

People are talking as if UEFA backed down. They didn’t. It was the Court of Arbitration for Sport who ruled in City’s favour. UEFA wanted the ban, they lost.

UEFA wont be happy. Hopefully they'll be getting a hatchet job referee to basically fuck city over. Dodgy penalty, sending off let's see city buy they're way out of that

Last edited:
It will fuck one of United, Leicester or Chavs but in all seriousness this is open corruption. No way would a club not backed by a dodgy rich country have gotten away with this.

It’s not surprising unfortunately but to those who think the Blatter/Platini types aren’t still running the show just look at this. Undermines football itself and UEFA have no balls, they will be laughed at.

Still; good job QPR got punished innit.

Last edited:
What a goddamn surprise :mourbye:

giphy.gif

In what world would a club like Mancity have ever achieved anything again in its history with Manutd right next door? Never. That doesnt mean it shouldnt have a chance to acheive anything. I think what really should happen is that all the season ticket holders should have a say if they want the new owner, if they dont, then an owner like Mancity's doesnt get to take over. But if they did then the fans are accepting the risk and the rewards.

Clubs like United, Liverpool etc, more fans = more money = more spending power = more success = more fans = more money...and so on. They would want FFP so that clubs with fewer fans will always remain below them = less success = less fans = less money = less success and so on.

You many not want a competition where a club with higher spending power equates to winning more. But that has always been the case for a long time now before Mancity got richer.

Man City should not have had their success, they have literally been state funded, for them to become successful they should have invested sustainably and used their own developed talent, selling players to gradually improve. Like every other club.

If football is always dictated by doping, then it's a busted flush. That means, if your focus is glory, there is no point in supporting any club until they're bought by a billionaire or a state.

I don't hate City fans who've been through the very tough times they've been through, they've been down to league one and been in the shadow of United. But now they face a situation where winning is less meaningless and losing even a point or 2 means severe disappointment.

Consider the logic of your argument, basically it is that if you don't have enough fans, the only way you can be successful is by doping.

My point is that if clubs can cut their cloth, buy intelligently and develop talent then they can level the playing field and do so without putting the whole club at risk. Dortmund and Ajax have followed these paths and suceeded, these clubs are less likely to crash and burn because they are ran intelligently.

The problem is intelligence is not rewarded and doping and sports washing is, that is the big problem.

I don’t mean as a way to fund the club on an ongoing basis. I mean as a way to let the fans really participate in the management of the club. Offer shares one time to supporters. This would likely stop takeovers like the one that happened to ManCity.

That's an experiment that's been played out before, it doesn't end well. Businesses don't make good democracies, even in the perfect world, meet 3 other spurs fans, they all want the best for the club but would run it in totally different ways.

EDIT - I should agree as well that German clubs are 50% fan owned with a fan representative on the board, this can be made to work without fans investing more of their hard earned money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom