Man City v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR; Saturday 19th February; KO 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Arguably the best pressing team in the league and in Europe and everyone knows that if you press our players they shit themselves, can't wait for this lol

If we play 2 in midfield against City and Winks is one of them then we will absolutely deserve the fucking hammering we're going to get.

If we play 343 we'll get hammered regardless of who the 2 are.

Being out-numbered by Rodri, KDB & Gundogan will be fucking suicidal and I'll be furious with Conte if we do it.

If we play 343 we'll get hammered regardless of who the 2 are.

Being outnumbered by Rodri, KDB & Gundogan will be fucking suicidal and I'll be furious with Conte if we do.

Don't see it at all. No way we don't go with trying to pack the midfield in this one. Just fucking hope Skipp is back, although it's criminal how much we seem to rely on him already.

This could be absolutely brutal. I feel like we're gonna have someone sent off.
Please no. The way we're playing, it feels like we've got very little chance of anything other than getting battered. :( But if we lose a player through suspension or injury for subsequent games, that would be even worse than (as expected) getting no points.

Sorry to sound so negative, and of course anything can happen in a one off game, plus we've beaten them many times in recent years, but anyone in their right mind must surely have us down to get battered given that 5-6 of ours look like they don't give a fuck at the moment (not 11 - Romero was good, Bentancur too, Moura ran his arse off first half, Sonny looked threatening, Lloris just had a rare off day).

Don't see it at all. No way we don't go with trying to pack the midfield in this one. Just fucking hope Skipp is back, although it's criminal how much we seem to rely on him already.

I hope you're right....... However, my faith on this front has been somewhat diminished.

Shoulda been the plan once the Jan window opened. We brought in 2 players that can play centrally, yet it still seems that wasn't the case.

At least the squad have a week to prepare, while City are playing mid week..

So hopefully we'll only lose by 2.
Prbly won’t it doesn’t matter if we have two weeks or 1 day to prepare we still turn out the sane excuses. Some on here will say we have played for 3 days so lost our fitness and rhythm and citeh are in the grove.

I hope you're right....... However, my faith on this front has been somewhat diminished.

Shoulda been the plan once the Jan window opened. We brought in 2 players that can play centrally, yet it still seems that wasn't the case.

I get why but City aren't Southampton/Wolves. I think in these games Conte was hoping a dangerous front 3 on the counter would make the difference even if they did dominate periods of the game. Vs City we will almost certainly focus more on stifling their strengths than trying to utilise ours.

Conte does seem very wedded to 3-4-3 in England. I do think Lucas's form and Kane/Son being undroppable is a big part of why we've persisted with it, seems he doesn't view Lucas as someone you can play behind the front 2 .. and you can see why with his first touch and passing today. The idea to me appears to be Kane dropping deep as usual and Lucas/Son pretty much playing as strikers.

It hasn't really worked. Our wing backs aren't providing the width well enough and as you've said, we're getting played through in midfield.

Please no. The way we're playing, it feels like we've got very little chance of anything other than getting battered. :( But if we lose a player through suspension or injury for subsequent games, that would be even worse than (as expected) getting no points.

Sorry to sound so negative, and of course anything can happen in a one off game, plus we've beaten them many times in recent years, but anyone in their right mind must surely have us down to get battered given that 5-6 of ours look like they don't give a fuck at the moment (not 11 - Romero was good, Bentancur too, Moura ran his arse off first half, Sonny looked threatening, Lloris just had a rare off day).

You're not being negative, just realistic. Seriously, we're obviously very likely to get absolutely battered. Is there a silver of hope that we do something just because football, like any sport, isn't always predictable? Yes. But it's a slim chance. They are a better team than us in every conceivable way, I think we can all recognise this.

I hope I'm wrong regarding sending off. But can see us getting very frustrated and somebody doing something silly.

I'm going into hibernation until the Boro game.
Cat Sleep GIF by Pusheen

Back
Top Bottom