Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
Should not underestimate utd, they have not been playing well, but at some point that will change.
3 points, and a place in the top four tonight would be great, but equally I would take a draw right now.

What about United scares you?
They have got about 6 first teamers returning.

It's at Old Trafford so we'll be playing against 12 men - not including fourth officials or VAR.

We are without Son, Maddison, Sarr, Bissouma, Solomon, Los Celso(not a massive loss) and possibly Romero.

The media will spin every single thing we do into a negative and vice versa.

I'm not confident of keeping 11 on the pitch.

Man U always turn up against us.

I still remember being 3 nil up at half time and losing 5-3.

We also lost 5-2 after being 2 nil up at half time.

And that's just for starters!

It's at Old Trafford so we'll be playing against 12 men - not including fourth officials or VAR.

We are without Son, Maddison, Sarr, Bissouma, Solomon, Los Celso(not a massive loss) and possibly Romero.

When they were good they are shit now

They have 6 players returning and we have 4 key players out.
And they have been playing like shit for a manager they fucking hate!
Our players are playing for the badge and for a manager they love!
Cannot see a bigger contrast.
So back the team if you are a true supporter!

I was at the 5-3 one and I remember saying to a mate at ht that we can get 6 here!!

They've been shit many times before and we've been 'flying' - it doesn't ever seem to have any bearing on this fixture.

The ref will 100 percent be giving them dodgy decisions all the way through.

Apart from the Dipper game we’ve had dodgy decisions go against us all season

I was at the 5-3 one and I remember saying to a mate at ht that we can get 6 here!!
I remember going to my mate's house at half time, proudly proclaiming:

"Well at least one team is standing up against them and giving them a hard game!"

He's never let me live that down.......

It’s a danger game. Players coming back from long term injury, new players still learning the system. It’ll be a challenge finding tempo from the get-go. ManU are playing for their season and their pride. Does Sancho leaving help settle the dressing room? Does Ten Hag still have the dressing room? But in our taupe jumpsuits we play well away. There is ridiculous optimism in the direction of the club. All this points to a game of high drama, and I’ll be asleep for it because it’s on at 3.30am
Is it??.......😲.......fuckin hope not, I'm meeting the lads in the pub for it..

What about United scares you? They are completely stunted in the buildup and the worst team in the top half in the final third. Bournemouth went there and won and we beat Bournemouth at home playing poorly. Hojlund makes Richy look like Mo Salah. The worst case scenario is our attack misfires and they get a dodgy pen for 1-0, but I don't fancy their defence holding us to nil when no one else has managed it this season. They are utter shit, this is quite possibly the worst United team in PL history.

We got humped by a depleted Brighton in our last away game, with our injuries and absences winning any away game is a massive challenge.

United are dreadful, no doubt, but they will be able to pick from a much more balanced squad for this game. We may not even have an attacking player on the bench.

Today, I feel the same as I have done with all of our games this season. As long as we play the way Ange wants us to, that's all I care about. I don't give a shit if we lose games this season because it's a demanding style of play that takes time to adapt to. Everything is about thinking about "how can I move the ball forwards", for a lot of players, particularly those coming out of Conte/Mourinho era, that'll be like learning a different language.

The thing with Angeball is that it's all about playing at a high intensity, moving the ball forwards, creating pressure and taking chances. You're always going to be vulnerable on the counter playing this way which makes it so important that you put away chances.

We haven't been clinical in front of goal at any point this season. We've fumbled many, many decent goalscoring opportunities and until we get a front line that can dispatch them consistently we're never going to be able to fully execute Angeball as it's intended. He quoted something loosely along the lines of "I don't care if we concede, we've just got to go and score more than them".

So if we win great, but I don't expect us to see Angeball for everything it is until we've got the personnel playing in those key attacking positions. We look incredibly close to being the finished article, just need that last piece of the puzzle (that is of course unless things start to click for Richarlison).

Back
Top Bottom