Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
I remember going to my mate's house at half time, proudly proclaiming:

"Well at least one team is standing up against them and giving them a hard game!"

He's never let me live that down.......

Yes I got some stick at work the following week

Strong feeling there will be a red card in this game.

We need to be careful and considered. Strong in the tackle and not drawn into any sh!t.

No doubt they will come out all guns blazing, as their latest benefactor sits watching, alongside his outrider.

Let's.spoil the celebratory theme.

I remember earlier in the season when Brighton went there you just knew they were going to play them off the park and they did. That should be the case today but this United team are capable of they decide to turn up they are just so inconsistent.

They remind me of us last season, can play good one half and the next rubbish. They will probably look to sit back and counter but with VDV back we should be much better equipped to deal with that.

If everything falls into place we could really do a number on them but we could struggle without son's finishing. Hopefully the others can step up. COYS!

This is our time!
United are a shell of a football club, owned by Americans and managed by a loser.
Just remember, "its only Tottenham" lets hope old red nose is there to watch the new Spurs!
We are managed by a proven winner, who is on a mission to put us back on top.
He is being backed and will deliver!

In summary this game is a win/lose/draw scenario regardless of whether we win, lose or draw.

If we win, then on the surface, we win.
If we draw, then on the surface, then we draw.
If we lose, then on the surface, then we lose.

However, if we win but our best players all get injured, then we lose.
If we lose, but Richarlison scores 5 goals and reignites form that'll see us win the league, then we win.
If we lose so badly, Richy plays terrible and it ignites something within Daniel Levy to go out and sign Mbappe next week to bolster our goalscoring options, then we win.

It's not as black and white as winning or losing. There's a whole spectrum that we're not considering.

To quote an old Chinese tale as old as time (or as old as the story is, I don't know)

Once upon a time there was a Chinese farmer whose horse ran away. That evening, all of his neighbors came around to commiserate. They said, “We are so sorry to hear your horse has run away. This is most unfortunate.” The farmer said, “Maybe.”

The next day the horse came back bringing seven wild horses with it, and in the evening everybody came back and said, “Oh, isn’t that lucky. What a great turn of events. You now have eight horses!” The farmer again said, “Maybe.”

The following day his son tried to break one of the horses, and while riding it, he was thrown and broke his leg. The neighbors then said, “Oh dear, that’s too bad,” and the farmer responded, “Maybe.”

The next day the conscription officers came around to conscript people into the army, and they rejected his son because he had a broken leg. Again all the neighbors came around and said, “Isn’t that great!” Again, he said, “Maybe.”

The whole process of nature is an integrated process of immense complexity, and it’s really impossible to tell whether anything that happens in it is good or bad — because you never know what will be the consequence of the misfortune; or, you never know what will be the consequences of good fortune.

TLDR: I've just made up a load of shit because I'm desperately fucking bored, waiting for the game to start.

I think it’s more the mentality when we play them and not managers / players. We just need to go out and play like we did v bar codes and villa. Hopefully score a few. If we play slow or sit back and let them get a head of steam then we could be in trouble. Varane isn’t quick, Martinez is short so let’s get at them and put them under pressure. The crowd will then get agitated. Just need the belief and mentality that we can blow them away.

In summary this game is a win/lose/draw scenario regardless of whether we win, lose or draw.

If we win, then on the surface, we win.
If we draw, then on the surface, then we draw.
If we lose, then on the surface, then we lose.

However, if we win but our best players all get injured, then we lose.
If we lose, but Richarlison scores 5 goals and reignites form that'll see us win the league, then we win.
If we lose so badly, Richy plays terrible and it ignites something within Daniel Levy to go out and sign Mbappe next week to bolster our goalscoring options, then we win.

It's not as black and white as winning or losing. There's a whole spectrum that we're not considering.

To quote an old Chinese tale as old as time (or as old as the story is, I don't know)

Once upon a time there was a Chinese farmer whose horse ran away. That evening, all of his neighbors came around to commiserate. They said, “We are so sorry to hear your horse has run away. This is most unfortunate.” The farmer said, “Maybe.”

The next day the horse came back bringing seven wild horses with it, and in the evening everybody came back and said, “Oh, isn’t that lucky. What a great turn of events. You now have eight horses!” The farmer again said, “Maybe.”

The following day his son tried to break one of the horses, and while riding it, he was thrown and broke his leg. The neighbors then said, “Oh dear, that’s too bad,” and the farmer responded, “Maybe.”

The next day the conscription officers came around to conscript people into the army, and they rejected his son because he had a broken leg. Again all the neighbors came around and said, “Isn’t that great!” Again, he said, “Maybe.”

The whole process of nature is an integrated process of immense complexity, and it’s really impossible to tell whether anything that happens in it is good or bad — because you never know what will be the consequence of the misfortune; or, you never know what will be the consequences of good fortune.

TLDR: I've just made up a load of shit because I'm desperately fucking bored, waiting for the game to start.

Only one poster on here could match that for boredom!!!
😉

Remember Eric Othelwaite in Ripping Yarns?
The most boring bank robber in Yorkshire!

View: https://youtu.be/YYpsz2eAKOs?si=H5AqDl0tm0S-e_Qy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom