Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really excited about this one.
For me, it's like a cup final tomorrow feeling.
I know they have been poor, but whatever way you look at it - it's United at Old Trafford.

Really I think the team sheet will be what Jose currently looks upon as his strongest, most stable and reliable xi - with a game plan of 'lumping it down the middle' or the old trusty 'all sprint up their end when we get the ball'.

Gazza
Serge Toby Dav Jan
Dier Winks
Lucas Dele Son
Kane

Time for our first clean sheet of our new chapter, and era..
2-0 Spurs.

Looking at all the potential Man U starting teams the media is throwing out and my first thought for all of them is, “who the hell are these players?”. Like aside from Rashford and De Gea, you could swap the club name to Wolves and I wouldn’t notice. How far they’ve fallen.

My last post said who do we fear in this squad Rashford, Martial.... well Martial is out now. We have to win this, no two ways about it.

COYS!!!

Looking at all the potential Man U starting teams the media is throwing out and my first thought for all of them is, “who the hell are these players?”. Like aside from Rashford and De Gea, you could swap the club name to Wolves and I wouldn’t notice. How far they’ve fallen.

My last post said who do we fear in this squad Rashford, Martial.... well Martial is out now. We have to win this, no two ways about it.

COYS!!!
As has been said before, if Mourinho only has to worry about neutralising Rashford then we have little to fear. I still maintain a comfortable 3-1 victory and another nail in OGS's coffin.

It's a game where Mourinho has to go full anti-Mourinho .... Utd's only threat has been the combination of Martial and Rashford on their left ... we don't have the players to stop that so let's just get past it ...

We will boss the central midfield, Fred and Pereira are slow as shit and will give Dele more space than the London Stadium ... with Mata looking way off the pace do we really need a double defensive pivot? Much as I dislike the want away mindset of our great Dane, surely a back three CD's with Winks and Eriksen in front of them will be enough to contain Utd, and will be an attacking line up that gives us a far more creative outlook. That leaves a front five of Serge Aurier , Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Lucas Moura and Heung-min Son feckin' awesome ... sure they will need to press and to cover back, but they should be able to overwhelm a very average Utd defence ...

This would be about as non Jose as you can get, full on attacking mayhem and we will almost certainly win this one ... park the bus and we just might let Utd off the hook ....

Last edited:
I know they have been poor, but whatever way you look at it - it's United at Old Trafford.

Really I think the team sheet will be what Jose currently looks upon as his strongest, most stable and reliable xi - with a game plan of 'lumping it down the middle' or the old trusty 'all sprint up their end when we get the ball'.

Gazza
Serge Toby Dav Jan
Dier Winks
Lucas Dele Son
Kane

2-0 Spurs.

Sissoko will 100% start.

Highly unlikely we will start with Moura and Son.

Could be a strange scoreline.

A statement game for both clubs. If we win heads will start turning again.

Who starts will tell us who Mourinho rates mentally in our squad.

But regardless January will see the start of the squad's evolution.

Curious to see if we just sit off them and counter-attack.
They will be trying to do the same so will be interesting if we also try that.

People keep mentioning the Fred/perry combo but I’m pretty sure mc tominay will play. Manchester evening news been saying he’s fit and was rested for this game.

mc tominay is massive for them.

Yesterday signed up for Amazon Prime to watch on smart TV 5 years old. Watched film yesterday and it worked fine. Could not get either match tonight although could get 3 min highlights afterwards. However could get the match on my old iPad but do not want to watch tomorrow's match on small screen. Not sure why cannot get on smart TV live streaming when recorded stuff ok. Cannot see App in Microsoft store to watch on PC windows10. Hopefully will be some streams but unless Amazon come up with a solution by Boxing Day then Amazon prime will be cancelled.
Anyone else struggling with Amazon prime?

The problem with smart TVs that the spotty kid in Curry's doesn't tell you when you buy one is that the manufacturers have to pay the app providers an annual licence fee. After a model is a few years old they stop paying, so first of all no updates and then (as in my case) no apps. I suspect that the app on yours is no longer being updated and doesn't support the latest live streaming, although you could try to force updates from the TVs main menu. Failing that, if you can get hold of a PS2 or PS3 for tonight load the Prime app and you're good to go.

Gazza
Serge Toby Dav Jan
Dier Winks
Lucas Dele Son
Kane

2-0 Spurs.

Winks and Dier!?!?!

sissoko and Ndombele much better! Did you see the olimpiacos game!

Back
Top Bottom