Marks for Levy/Enic

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Marks

• A Outstanding

• B Good

• C Average

• D Below average

• E Dismal

• F Utter failure

Results are only viewable after voting.
I asked you when I posted it mug.jog on and let the grown ups chat

s-l300.jpg

You do realise 3 years ago was our best EVER EPL season which saw us challenge for the title, go unbeaten at home and finish with enough points to have won it most years?

No? Oh.........

Eye and did they push on or did they under invest from there and flog the squad until it died pushing us back and undoing all that hard work?

They scrapped the model that got us there off buying young hungry players with potential seemingly not spending until the very last second became the new model or just not at all.

They then tried last year to fix it but it was to little to late the damage had been done and it looked like Poch and the players had also become frustrated with it.

Even Kane's making noise about how we need to be more ambitious.

I'm hoping that getting Mou in means we are gonna start throwing some weight around financially because really there is only 2 clubs in England and 5 in the world who should be outspending us now.

And we are gonna be in a better boat then most when the covid 19 situation is fixed hopefully to get some business done

Last edited:
Apart from rising from regular mid table finishes for years, to be regular top four finishers, getting to the Champions League final for the first time in our history and having a truly fantastic record in our last season at WHL, what would have made the last three years “not dire”?

CL was amazing but lucky and the not buying players in to help rotate policy ultimately killed us in the league and in the final.

And becoming a regular top 4 club was included in the they have taken us very far but can't seem to take the last step.

Let's face it if they had put there hands in there wallets and got a few decent players in that where very available to us. Mane, Ndidi, Grealish, Perez 4 players we obviously just didn't pay the cash for who would have improved us I can think off off the top of my head.

They also seemingly have fallen into the habit off letting players run down contracts now (Jan, Toby, Eriksen and Dembele I believe all recent ones) and letting Llorente go because again we didn't wanna pay the cash and selling Tripper cheap where also big mess ups.

Lots been going wrong last couple of years that's why we have gone from a whisker away from the PL title 2 years in a row to below Sheffield United and struggling for top 4 in that time frame

Eye and did they push on or did they under invest from there and flog the squad until it died pushing us back and undoing all that hard work?

They scrapped the model that got us there off buying young hungry players with potential seemingly not spending until the very last second became the new model or just not all all.

They then tried last year to fix it but it was to little to late the damage had been done and it looked like Poch and the players had also become frustrated with it.

I'm hoping that getting Mou in means we are gonna start throwing some weight around financially because really there is only 2 clubs in England and 5 in the world who should be outspending us now.

And we are gonna be in a better boat then most when the covid 19 situation is fixed hopefully to get some business done
You are going to be disappointed, that's not going to happen especially not now.

You are going to be disappointed, that's not going to happen especially not now.

Eye like I say with what's going on wouldn't surprise me and tbf that's ok as I doubt anyone will be bar the Oil money clubs.

But we could see other less lucrative leagues having to sell assets to survive and that might spur us and other PL clubs and the bigger foreign teams dip into the market when they knew others are desperate

They scrapped the model that got us there off buying young hungry players with potential seemingly not spending until the very last second became the new model or just not all all.

What's that got to do with it?

You said: On the field dire for the past 3 years

....That's nonsense.

I can't wait to see the back of them TBH, but I think FFP has put paid to that ever happening. We'd cost too much to buy and be too restricted in the market for a serious investor to change things now without bending the rules. With City on the Ropes and other clubs having transfer window bans now isn't the time for rule bending.

People may shout about the facilities, but a training ground in a field wasn't hard to build and will be surpassed by the elite clubs within 10 years.
The stadium was a fucking fiasco. ENIC came in around 20 years ago and spent most of that posturing here there and everywhere, ultimately taking too long, costing too much and potentially never seeing the benefit of it on the pitch. I don’t have a problem with the place, but I can't really see how having to pay the finance on it, with still no naming rights over a year after it opened is helping us.

Then there's just the general embarrassing transfer window antics year after year after year.

All that for ONE league cup and rarely if ever have we seized a moment and pushed on from any glimmer of improvement. I think Levy landed on his feet both with Redknapp and with Poch. They were likely both taken on as the cheapest options.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the back of them TBH, but I think FFP has put paid to that ever happening. We'd cost too much to buy and be too restricted in the market for a serious investor to change things now without bending the rules. With City on the Ropes and other clubs having transfer window bans now isn't the time for rule bending.

People may shout about the facilities, but a training ground in a field wasn't hard to build and will be surpassed by the elite clubs within 10 years.
The stadium was a fucking fiasco. ENIC came in around 20 years ago and spent most of that posturing here there and everywhere, ultimately taking too long, costing too much and potentially never seeing the benefit of it on the pitch. I don’t have a problem with the place, but I can't really see how having to pay the finance on it, with still no naming rights over a year after it opened is helping us.

Then there's just the general embarrassing transfer window antics year after year after year.

All that for ONE league cup and rarely if ever have we.

They will sell eventually. That's what investment companies do.

Stadium: Increases matchday revenue; it's pretty simple. In the meantime, the naming rights deal is a deal worth taking time over as it'll be a long term one. When it finally arrives it's a huge windfall.

All that for ONE league cup and rarely if ever have we.
Post of the Thread right here.

Well said Matt

They will sell eventually. That's what investment companies do.

Stadium: Increases matchday revenue; it's pretty simple. In the meantime, the naming rights deal is a deal worth taking time over as it'll be a long term one. When it finally arrives it's a huge windfall.
A windfall that the playing side won't benefit from I would guess

Back
Top Bottom