Mason’s Rats - The Finale - Sunday 23 May @ Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not that anyone cares but the PL have appointed their most controversial ref for this match, Anthony Taylor. VAR is Peter Bankes who allowed Lo Celso to get stamped on head with no punishment. Good luck Spurs, for what it's worth....

Match officials​

Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. Fourth official: Keith Stroud. VAR: Peter Bankes. Assistant VAR: Lee Betts.

was watching the gooner game just now with my heart beating and it dawned on me "why do I do this to myself". Even after the shower of shit we served up.

I remember watching us against Middlesbrough years ago when we were 2-3 up and I legit nearly passed out after my heart was beating ridiculously fast. My mum actually said to me "this teams going to kill you"

why do we care so much when the owners and players couldn't give a fuck? and now we have a manager that is using the job to do favours for his friend's.

I think 8th and a revamp of squad is the best scenario long term for us as a club imo.
I Think it's more, "Doing Levy favours". He was probably told, " If you don't play Winks. Go ask Jose for a job".

Mason didn't have to take the managers job, he must have know he wasn't up to it (maybe in few years he would have)
why take on a job you can't do ?
If Levy told Jose to walk before a cup final for not fielding the side he wanted or not supporting the USA League, imagine what he would have done to a lower tier manager saying no to being the face of the 1st team.

Jobs are hard to come by. Times are tough. You sometimes do what you must. That includes putting Winks on the pitch.

If Levy told Jose to walk before a cup final for not fielding the side he wanted or not supporting the USA League, imagine what he would have done to a lower tier manager saying no to being the face of the 1st team.

Jobs are hard to come by. Times are tough. You sometimes do what you must. That includes putting Winks on the pitch.

Mason seems to be a well liked guy I am sure he could have got a job somewhere else, especially because it wasn't like he was in a high profile job that are filled by the elite of the elite.

If it came out that Levy sacked him or screwed him because Mason said he wasn't ready to take the first team job or that he didn't want to take it and be his puppet he would have been able to land on his feet just fine.

I really am struggling to believe a lot of the Mason isn't to blame Levy is making him do it that we are hearing.

Yep I’d actually swap out son for Lucas or even start Lucas and berg instead of bale and son neither of whom are interested in taking on a player. Plus even though has some good games he doesn’t look as of if he wants to get hurt so best for that would be to not play him. Anyone think that he will bust a guy last game of season with euros round the corner are kidding themselves. No idea why Lucas has been banished!
Lucas has been banished because Levy knows Jose wants him. Would come in below 30 mil and gives his heart to the game. Levy won't risk injury knowing he is going to get sold in the summer. The same goes for Lamela. Levy know Jose is gonna have a budget rebuild and Spurs have alot of under 30 mil players he likes

Mason seems to be a well liked guy I am sure he could have got a job somewhere else, especially because it wasn't like he was in a high profile job that are filled by the elite of the elite.

If it came out that Levy sacked him or screwed him because Mason said he wasn't ready to take the first team job or that he didn't want to take it and be his puppet he would have been able to land on his feet just fine.

I really am struggling to believe a lot of the Mason isn't to blame Levy is making him do it that we are hearing.
At Masons age, if it weren't for the injury, he would probably still be on the field. He may be liked but there are a host if more experienced players retiring every year. Most will go into some form of coaching. Masons reputation with piers might not be tainted even with a run in with Levy. His reputation with Boards, chairman and The like would unfortunately be hit hard.

At Masons age, if it weren't for the injury, he would probably still be on the field. He may be liked but there are a host if more experienced players retiring every year. Most will go into some form of coaching. Masons reputation with piers might not be tainted even with a run in with Levy. His reputation with Boards, chairman and The like would unfortunately be hit hard.

I think Levy's reputation would make it so most people would understand the situation.

If Levy were a respected chairman with no history of meddling maybe people would question what went wrong with Mason turning it down, but nobody would bat an eye when it involves Levy.

Mason is not some poor little pawn being used by the nasty Levy, he may be in a tough spot but it is a spot he chose to be in and he deserves plenty of criticism for the decisions he has made.

Lloris
Doherty Toby Rodon Reguilon
Lo Celso Hojbjerg Ndombele
Bale Son Bergwijn

Kane should not start this match. We have to show that there is a consequence for someone disrespecting the club the way he has. We need to try and show that he is not bigger than the team.
Kane should play. I think he is sending more than just a 'I wanna leave message'. He's telling Levy, "What you have done is not worth anything". If he didn't say anything we'dve had the same bag if shit next season. Levy now knows, The Fans are Pissed off, My best players are pissed off, I've gotta do something or this Club will become another 'Forest' (No disrespect intended.)

GK - don’t fucking care
LB - don’t fucking care
CB - don’t fucking care
CB - don’t fucking care
RB - don’t fucking care

MF - don’t fucking care
MF - don’t fucking care
MF - don’t fucking care
AM - don’t fucking care
AM - don’t fucking care

Fw - don’t fucking care

subs - don’t fucking care

likely result. Don’t fucking care.

#gloryglorytottenhamhotspur

GK - don’t fucking care
LB - don’t fucking care
CB - don’t fucking care
CB - don’t fucking care
RB - don’t fucking care

MF - don’t fucking care
MF - don’t fucking care
MF - don’t fucking care
AM - don’t fucking care
AM - don’t fucking care

Fw - don’t fucking care

subs - don’t fucking care

likely result. Don’t fucking care.

#gloryglorytottenhamhotspur
Trouble is, we DO care!

Trouble is, we DO care!
Ahh Mrs P. You are wise and you are right. I’ll tell myself I don’t care, but the League Cup final this year has been the only game I really did not want any part of. Never watched and will never ever accept.

But tomorrow might well be the Nadir of things, below West Ham, below Woolwich, below Chelsea. No trophy, no manager and well you know the rest......This is is a truly miserable past 6 months, locked up at home with this terminal decline a viewing spectacle of incompetence and disregard. And come tomorrow....it is best to not care. Not one player (maybe Hugo) cares. Chairman don’t care. Hitchins hates life anyway. I find it hard to connect to anything but grass was always greener memories. It’s no way to live.

Back
Top Bottom