Match Thread: S.S. Lazio - Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Satisfied with the performance and the clean sheet.

We were a bit unlucky and stagnant in the final third but hopefully we can work on that. For the record I think the referee did okay, didn't put a foot wrong in the first half. He missed a yellow card in the second but I can see why Caulker's goal was disallowed even if I naturally disagree with it.

yiddo2786 said:
[centre]Lloris

Gallas - Caulker - Vertonghen
Walker ------------------------------- Bale
Siggy - Sandro - Dembele

Dempsey

Defoe[/centre]

I was thinking more something along the lines of
[centre]Lloris
Walker - Caulker - Vertonghen
Sandro - Dembele
Lennon - Siggy - Bale
Dempsey/Ade - Defoe[/centre]

:avblol:

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and foremost about winning. It’s nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It’s about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.” (I'm sure AVB has come across Danny in his meticulous research of our glorious club)

Cripps14 said:
yiddo2786 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenPearceSpurs/status/248901109954011136[/tweet]

Fuck.

:avbshit:

Verts to left back and Caulker to play along side Daws (although it will probably be Gallas)

Or go with a back 3 :dawson: :adegrin: :defoe2: :gazza2: :avbdamn: :balelol:

Gallas LB - Caulker CB but after tonight that goes with out saying

Plain and simple, robbed two goals with the possibility for 3. The team looked great, good things to come. End of the day though:

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

dmartins13 said:
This is the kind of shit that's written on the official site facebook page:

Mitchell Hare: Under Harry we would have raped them. Lazio were very poor yet we stood off them at home. Your dillusional if you moan about disallowed goals. AVB isn't cut out for English football and I expect him to be gone by Christmas

:goonermong:

Someone please tell the cunt tonight was a european game

My two penn'orth on my way home:

We looked very good tonight. Caulker, Verts and Dembele were good. Great first half. Couldn't see the disallowed goals from the Park Lane.

Second half frustrating. Didn't seem to find our flow. Caulker's goal looked OK, but there were no appeals.

And Defoe was definitely racially abused with monkey chants in the second half.

Atmosphere quite poor.

Night all.

Cavanda nearly broke Naughton in half, and we get a throw in. They were cynical, solid defensively but more dirty than I expected. Their support was good as you'd expect for a European away day, our crowd wasn't too bad either. The lady working park lane told us all we could stand all game. I'd been asking her why don't you make the other lot sit down then? She had no answer then came back later and said everyone should stand. Nice touch. Even S3 agreed.

Gutted we didn't win tonight, like good sex but not climaxing. Positive football though COYS

ref and his 15 fucking assistents are all cunts, as is platini. bent as fuck.

we still need to work on dead balls, but i saw a few things tonight that make me believe we've started, just need to vary it a bit. i'd have stuck tom on instead of gylfi as we were getting a lot of the ball 30 yards out and also free kicks, he's the most accurate player at the club and ya dont need pace at dead balls.
lennon should stop listening to his critics, he sems a bit too desparate to set up a goal when he's in a better position to have a pop himself.
but he ran them fuckers ragged at times and looks like he's getting his form back [cue 3 month hamstring]
hope naughton's ok, as that back 4, allowed to settle, could be our back 4 for years, lloris is still young as well, defendings as much about understanding as it is about pace etc, let these fuckers grow together.
overall, thought we were excellent.

S.L.R said:
Yeah the free kicks, well, nothing new I suppose.

its frustrating that we dont seem to have much variation or invention from them, this team will get a lot of free kicks so we need to punish teams with them, then we might be able to play a bit more in the final third. we get within 40 yards and opponants are as well to foul us as its the lesser of 2 evils.

@8colespurs8 said:
Was at the game, just to say, atmosphere was very poor
Can I ask where you were sat? I though it was pretty good tonight. Plenty of singing and not much moaning. Yeah it didn't have the adrenalin coursing, rowsing feel of a classic European night, but it felt like the majority of people there were proper fans out for a good night of supporting spurs.

NO1JIB said:
S.L.R said:
Yeah the free kicks, well, nothing new I suppose.

its frustrating that we dont seem to have much variation or invention from them, this team will get a lot of free kicks so we need to punish teams with them, then we might be able to play a bit more in the final third. we get within 40 yards and opponants are as well to foul us as its the lesser of 2 evils.

Doesn't help when the ref allows the oppositions wall to edge forward until they are 4 yards away...

Back
Top Bottom