Match Thread: Stevenage (A) F.A. Cup 5th Round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man, fuck if I knew what was going on. I was in my house, then out at the movies with a girl and then at the lane. The pain of being knocked out still remains though.

stickygerbil said:
Chaps, can anyone recommend a decent car park close to the ground?
I'm driving up from Staines, probably a massive mistake I know, but I'd rather sit in traffic in my car than sit in another mans armpit on the tube.

Depends how you define close. Car parks just off north circular at Edmonton shops + further down behind shops. 15 - 20 mins walk to ground. 10 mins to coach & horses for half way refreshments

stickygerbil said:
I'm driving up from Staines, probably a massive mistake I know, but I'd rather sit in traffic in my car than sit in another mans armpit on the tube.

When I go down with my Dad - (too young to drive), we either park by the Gilpins Pub, on one of the near by roads. Or for the Europa games we parked on Asplins Road, but this is risky as some people stick cones out and have signs like "no match day parking" but this is most probs for 3 o clock kick offs. For the 7.30 kick off you should be alright to park on asplins and take the short walk, but dont hold me responsible if you don't get a space due to cones.

Ramsingh said:
stickygerbil said:

When I go down with my Dad - (too young to drive), we either park by the Gilpins Pub, on one of the near by roads. Or for the Europa games we parked on Asplins Road, but this is risky as some people stick cones out and have signs like "no match day parking" but this is most probs for 3 o clock kick offs. For the 7.30 kick off you should be alright to park on asplins and take the short walk, but dont hold me responsible if you don't get a space due to cones.

Oh I will hold you responsible...
:adegrin:

Nah, cheers for the help guys, I'm sure I'll find somewhere.

Does anybody have any suggestions for parking North of the Lane?

When I drive I usually park in the Industrial Area to the North of WHL station (near the hospital). Then wander down to the station along White Hart Lane, throw a left to the Brickies for a pre match beer.

If you want to pay there's a car park near the station which is a tenner.

Easy getting on to the North circ after the game too, just drive up past the hospital and you're on it.

SpursUltra said:
When I drive I usually park in the Industrial Area to the North of WHL station (near the hospital). Then wander down to the station along White Hart Lane, throw a left to the Brickies for a pre match beer.

If you want to pay there's a car park near the station which is a tenner.

Easy getting on to the North circ after the game too, just drive up past the hospital and you're on it.

This sounds perfect, cheers fella! :thumbup:

This would be my team for tonight:

Cudicini
Smith Nelson Dawson Rose
Lennon Livermore Modric Bale
Defoe Adebayor

Quite a strong team but Stevenage are going to be well up for this and we should just destroy them in the 1st half, then rest the like of Bale and Modric.

SadlerTHFC said:
This would be my team for tonight:

Cudicini
Smith Nelson Dawson Rose
Lennon Livermore Modric Bale
Defoe Adebayor

Quite a strong team but Stevenage are going to be well up for this and we should just destroy them in the 1st half, then rest the like of Bale and Modric.

Why would you go almost full strength midfield but weak at the back?

I cant see all of Lennon Modric and Ade playing

I read the other day that Gallas may be making an appearance after his injury.

I'd like to see VDV play and see if he can rediscover his form. He's been patchy with all his injuries.

Would be nice to see some of the youth players playing in the later stages of the game.

----------Cudicini
Smith Dawson Gallas Rose
-----------Sandro
-----Livermore Parker
----------Kranjcar
------Defoe Lancaster-Bomber

Smith and Rose both play excellent as Wing Backs... Sandro/Livermore/Parker to plug the gaps, dominate the midfield and play them off the park with our passing on our pool-table pitch...

I'd be tempted to switch Lancaster for Gio and give him a bit of a roaming role, similar to how he plays for Mexico to feed in the through balls with Defoe getting in between the centre backs and playing on the shoulder...

So I guess what we will see is a helluva lot of offsides tonight!!!

:defoe2:

stickygerbil said:
Dru said:
Smith has tweeted his is cup tied...

Long! Well I think Walker needs a rest, so if not him who else? Kaboul? Livermore?

Sometimes my spelling and grammar is absolutely appauling on here...

If not walker he may go Nelsen RB with Gallas and Daws CB, if Gallas is ready to play.

If not maybe he will go Kaboul Daws Nelsen at the back with rose and Livermore pushed up on either side?

Dru said:
stickygerbil said:
Dru said:
Smith has tweeted his is cup tied...

Long! Well I think Walker needs a rest, so if not him who else? Kaboul? Livermore?

Sometimes my spelling and grammar is absolutely appauling on here...

If not walker he may go Nelsen RB with Gallas and Daws CB, if Gallas is ready to play.

If not maybe he will go Kaboul Daws Nelsen at the back with rose and Livermore pushed up on either side?

You're not wrong! :roflmao:

Gallas at right back is another possibility... I remember him filling in there a few times in his career.

Back
Top Bottom