Match Thread: Stevenage (A) F.A. Cup 5th Round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We didn't play that well against Watford and some might say our goal in that one was lucky bouncing under the keeper. I can see the parallels.. We never looked that much in danger or that dangerous today, as much as you see in the papers 'we must take these games seriously', I think mentally we didn't.

You can't help it, you turn up at this ground that can take, what, 20% of what the Lane can?? You see the teamsheet of the other side that you barely recognise and all of a sudden you've already won the game in your head.

I think today we could have gone up on pace, tempo and impact but events conspired we did not start right for some reason, a bit of an unusual shape with 3 centre backs and a centre midfield that just did not do as well as it normally can.

We still have a second shot and this time we need to get it right, in fairness we were a bit unlucky with the disallowed goal, just the wrong time and place for Scott Parker but you have to say we just didn't create enough and credit where it's due some of the Stevenage defending was excellent. Still at least we're in the draw unlike some other teams!!

I think relations between the clubs ensured that if the scores were still level with 15-20 minutes or so to go, we'd 'allow' them the pay day of a replay... not saying anything bent about it... but I really imagine Harry/Spurs happy to do Stevenage a favour (in exchange for no tough tackles in the replay and safe passage through) don't say it hasn't crossed anyone else's mind!

BTW, had Parker just kept on running into the goal and STAYED there, Saha's goal would've stood, right? silly Scotty!

Spurs vs Stevenage

Spurs vs Stevenage
FA Cup 5th Round Replay.
Couldn't find a thread for this..

I'm feeling 4-0 Spurs.
We need to kill them to get us back on track after our two previous games.

Hope to see us play 4-4-1-1
[centre]Friedel
Kaboul, Dawson, Nelsen, Rose
GDS, Sandro, Parker, Bale
VDV
Defoe[/centre]

I'm not sure if this team is possible due to injuries. But Parker got two yellows, so only 1 match (Man United) ban.

COYS

Note: Thanks to the mod who moved this to the correct location. I'm sorry :(

Do we play a full reserve team and rest the strongest side for everton? I would expect a defoe, saha partnership upfront for this with a surprise appearance from Gio as well...who knows. COYS

LongIslandSpur said:
Do we play a full reserve team and rest the strongest side for everton? I would expect a defoe, saha partnership upfront for this with a surprise appearance from Gio as well...who knows. COYS

Saha and Lancaster both could get a run about. Wouldn't mind Defoe and Lancaster up front.

Carlo
Kaboul Dawson Nelsen Rose
Lennon Livermore Sandro Kranjcar
Defoe Saha

Maybe rest Kaboul and play Livermore there if Bale/Modric are able to start and play an hour or so.

Dawson Kaboul and Nelson at the back, move Rose forward and stick Krancjar behind front two. Need someone in the number 10 slot to get em out of shape and who likes to have a pop. Avoid silly free-kicks/corners and cup's as good as ours :winner:

Chaps, can anyone recommend a decent car park close to the ground?
I'm driving up from Staines, probably a massive mistake I know, but I'd rather sit in traffic in my car than sit in another mans armpit on the tube.

Back
Top Bottom