Match thread: Tottenham vs Swansea (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anything less than dominating the match and getting three points and I would hope AVB would have the good manners to walk.

I know I should'nt, but just to satisfy my curiosity, and I imagine everyone else on here, explain the reasoning behind your post please ! Are Swansea a struggling relegation embroiled team in turmoil at the moment, it would seem so, according to your expectations. I await your indepth analysis with bated breath.
:avbfacepalm:

The fact that I know a few from here who are the more regular attendees and I know more about Spurs than 90% of the board put together should really answer the question of how Spursy I am mate.

That's funny you have never demonstrated any knowledge of Spurs above and beyond the average sun journalist. You posts lack detail, and are simply made up of the odd "we were shit" or "if we don't win this" style bullshit.

And as for "knowing people" Barry Sandwiches doesn't count.

As for dominating a match against Swansea? That's slightly unrealistic, and anyone who knew anything about the premier league would know what a quality side Swansea are, if they decide to turn up this will be an even match.

As for actually talking about the match in detail....

I reckon it will be decided by the odd goal, so 2-1, 3-2, 4-3. Something like that. I don't think either defence will be able to cope with the attacking movement that each side is capable of. It could be a goal fest. Both teams play a similar high pressing high tempo 4-3-3- or 4-2-3-1 Formation both will be pretty open and pace could be a large factor. Ben Davies does not cope well with it and could be something for Lennon and Walker to target. Angel Rangel will look to press forward leaving alot of space so it would be useful to have someone pacey on the left (Townsend) but I doubt he will start. Our left side does worry us against Swansea, Naughton would be my choice as he at least has the pace and positioning to deal with their runs. Verts would be better served in the middle keeping an eye on Michu. If Benny is even 85% fit we should risk him.

MicHu is exactly the sort of player we struggle to deal with in my opinion. He's on 4 yellow cards though so lets hope he picks up another in the capital obese cup tonight!

That's funny you have never demonstrated any knowledge of Spurs above and beyond the average sun journalist. You posts lack detail, and are simply made up of the odd "we were shit" or "if we don't win this" style bullshit.

And as for "knowing people" Barry Sandwiches doesn't count.

As for dominating a match against Swansea? That's slightly unrealistic, and anyone who knew anything about the premier league would know what a quality side Swansea are, if they decide to turn up this will be an even match.

As for actually talking about the match in detail....

I reckon it will be decided by the odd goal, so 2-1, 3-2, 4-3. Something like that. I don't think either defence will be able to cope with the attacking movement that each side is capable of. It could be a goal fest. Both teams play a similar high pressing high tempo 4-3-3- or 4-2-3-1 Formation both will be pretty open and pace could be a large factor. Ben Davies does not cope well with it and could be something for Lennon and Walker to target. Angel Rangel will look to press forward leaving alot of space so it would be useful to have someone pacey on the left (Townsend) but I doubt he will start. Our left side does worry us against Swansea, Naughton would be my choice as he at least has the pace and positioning to deal with their runs. Verts would be better served in the middle keeping an eye on Michu. If Benny is even 85% fit we should risk him.
Just coming into this thread, but who are you talking to?

Without context I'm getting a curious case of Deja Vu; specifically of Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair.

Back
Top Bottom