Match thread: Tottenham vs Swansea (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hernandez misses out for Swansea fortunately, but still worried about Dyer vs Vertonghen. Would I want to risk Naughton instead? Tough one, I don't rate KN. I think I actually would after Vertonghen's first-half horror-show vs Everton.

I also think it's absolutely essential that we play three in midfield and, with Parker probably not quite ready, I'd play Livermore rather than Huddlestone.

My team would probably be:

Lloris​
Walker Caulker Vertonghen Naughton​
Livermore Sandro Dembele​
Lennon Ade/Defoe Dempsey​

Tough call re: Ade vs Defoe. Against possession teams we may benefit from someone like Defoe who will take on shots from distance, but equally we'd have to accept that we'll see less of the ball.

My team would probably be:

Lloris​
Walker Caulker Vertonghen Naughton​
Livermore Sandro Dembele​
Lennon Ade/Defoe Dempsey​

Tough call re: Ade vs Defoe. Against possession teams we may benefit from someone like Defoe who will take on shots from distance, but equally we'd have to accept that we'll see less of the ball.

if you are going to play 4-3-3 with pacey Lennon on the wing you should play Ade imo. In the most perfect situation he will throw in some crosses who Ade can head in.

But I know this aint FIFA so I honestly dont have a clue either :harrylick:

Hopefully they'll be more tired than us due to their game last night. Also wouldn't have Livermore anywhere near the team. We need to be offensive from the start, move the ball quickly and dictate the game and Jake doesn't add to any of that. Sandro and Dembele should give us enough defensive cover.

---------------Lloris---------------------
Walker-----Caulker---Vert----Naughton
------------Sandro---Mousa------------
Lennon------------------------Dempsey
----------------Ade----------------------
-----------------------Defoe-------------

I am fond of him.

Say what you will, but if it hadn't been for Watergate, Dick Nixon would today be regarded as one of the all-time great US Presidents.

I am fond of him.

Say what you will, but if it hadn't been for Watergate, Dick Nixon would today be regarded as one of the all-time great US Presidents.
Watergate? Wasn't that some shit film with Kevin Costner? If Dickie was responsible for that, then he deserves to burn in hell.
:baletroll:

When will:bae:, :kaboul: and :parker: get back in to the team? When they do, I want them to start no matter what. We need Vertonghen and Kaboul regularly playing in the central defence, that's our best pair of CB's IMO. Caulker can assist in case of injuries and :gallashmm: can take a swim with Ledley at the new training ground..

Also we need

:parker: -----------------------------------------------:parker:----------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------:parker:----------:parker::parker:---------------------------------------------------------------:parker:

:parker:---------------------------------------------------------------:parker:

:parker:-

To tackle all over the pitch...

Remembering this game at the Lane last year, :adegrin2: scored two headers partly because he had the height advantage over their diddy defence, so he might be a shrewd selection.

Whilst we're on that 3-1 game, we no longer have Rafa but we have poached their goalscorer, ergo 3-0 Spurs: :gylfi: :adegrin: :adegrin:

Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Dawson (if fit), Vertonghen, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Dempsey, Ade/Bale, Defoe

If Bale is fit, I'd play Dempsey instead of Adebayor, but if Bale isn't fit, I'd play Dempsey on the left and Ade in the hole. AVB said Dawson would be back for this one so I'd get him to look after Michu. Michu isn't too pacey but is decent in the air so I'd let Dawson have him.

2-0 Spurs (Defoe and Sigurdsson off the bench)

:lloris:​
:walkerwtf::vert:Caulker:baelol:​
--------- :dembele::sandro:----------​

:lennon: -------------:dempsey:
:defoe2: ---- :adestare:

We win 8-5 epic game and Clint Dempsey will score a good goal
Right, I think this has gone on long enough now... anyone want to create a Caulker smiley? May I suggest one of the following as a good starting point:
caulker3.jpg
caulker_2859273.jpg
caulker_1463103a.jpg

He will be lining up in a Swansea shirt at White Hart Lane this weekend but Spanish revelation Michu could have been a Tottenham player, according to technical co-ordinator Tim Sherwood.
Michu has been one of the players of this season so far, netting 12 goals in the league and bagging a brace against Woolwich at the Emirates.
And Sherwood, who is involved in Tottenham's recruitment process, says Spanish football pundit Gerry Armstrong alerted Spurs' goalkeeping coach Pat Jennings to the Spaniard’s talents in the summer.
Sherwood said: "Gerry told Pat Jennings all about Michu. He really rated him as a player.
"He did very well at Vallecano, but we had other irons in the fire at the time and so decided against a move".
Tottenham’s loss has certainly be the Swans' gain with the 26-year-old midfielder proving to be one of the buys of season as he currently leads the goal scoring charts.

:avbfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom