Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he was crap.

He got an assist but apart from that he just did crap things all game.
- Poor crosses into the box
- No way to get past his man so just needlessly foul
- Defensive positioning poor

I thought he might shine against opposition which are weaker - he didn't

Which begs the question, if you can spot this why on earth couldn't our scouts/ manager?

It's borderline negligence on their part.
Hitchen most likely scouts based on stats and numbers.

Which is fine if you have a highly detailed formula so that you find players that fit your system like Mitchell did with his black box. Hitchen probably doesn't.

Last edited:
Nice to see Stephen Kelly get an assist today.

That should seal his place in the starting eleven in our next game against farmers.

Thought he might get sent off at one point still diving on a yellow, not as shit tonight but still doesn't convince me.

He's always gassed, and has the turning circle of an oil tanker. I must admit I didn't really watch him much for Wolves but didn't expect him to be this poor. Clearly doesn't fit being in a back 4.

Abomination of a player. Squad player at Crystal Palace level. And be in no doubt he was specifically a Mourinho signing, he name checked him in Amazon documentary when we played Wolves. Damning indictment of his ability to assess players.

Back
Top Bottom