Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because Auier is "aggressive" doesn't alter how he's deployed. He's an aggressive footballer, who dominates his flank as a result, whether he's played as a WB or FB. He's aggressive in both those positions because he's an aggressive player!

I've posted numerous articles backing up what I say, detailing how we played last season, if you still wish to deny this then please do just crack on by yourself.
"WE LOVE THE LEADER!"

Those articles do not backup what you are claiming. You are trying very hard to complicate a simple matter just to implicate Mourinho. What happens to the rest of the team does not matter and the only focus should be the RB role

With 4-2-3-1, when we have the ball, the RB becomes a WB and pushes forward, but when we lose the ball he reverts back to his defensive RB role in a back 4. This is how the RB has always played under Mourinho. This is how Aurier played last season and this season, and and this is what is expected of Doherty. This has nothing to do with whether Reguilon and/or Davies pushes up or not.

When we have the ball, Doherty should be a WB (his more comfortable role according to you), but he has been shit. When we dont have the ball, and he is suppose to be an RB, he has actually been less shit. If your claim was true, Doherty should have been great offensively and struggling defensively, but instead he has been shit on both ends so far, and interestingly less shit defensively.

Everything else you are trying to bring into it is irrelevant nonsense.
tenor.gif

Can't cross and his positioning when defending is atrocious. Needs moving on, I am yet to see him have a good game. Would sooner have tanganga at full back if Aurier is not playing

Sadly for us he’s onto much better things
Doc doesn’t look like a professional footballer at the moment
I wouldn’t have started him since that diabolical Everton display where we conceded 2 goals because of his lazy tracking back so others had to move out of their position to cover for him
If Aurier is not available just start Tanganga, at least he’s young and he’s more consistent

Back
Top Bottom