Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never, ever buy players based on stats. Stats said Doherty was one of the best rights backs in Europe. A proper scouting of him would have shown he's one of the worst.

Never, ever buy players based on stats. Stats said Doherty was one of the best rights backs in Europe. A proper scouting of him would have shown he's one of the worst.

I don't know, I watched him a number of times last season and he was a solid player and was widely considered to be quality. We saw KWP many times and by large most supporters couldn't wait for us to sell him.

At the end of the day, history will only give you an indication of how they will be for a team, there are too many other factors that can make them a success or not. We've seen shitty players come alive with a new team, style of play, and/or manager and the opposite as well.

I didn't think he had a bad game today. It wasn't amazing, but that was probably one of his better games for us (not hard I know).
Yeah, I thought he at least got into position regularly, but other than that (and a single timely block) it was a pedestrian effort. His crosses are embarassing.

I feel bad digging someone out, I supported Trippier until the end, but Doc is fucking awful and is dragging us back. Aurier is miles better.

He runs like a pensioner. I don't know what sort of fitness or gym work they do with him but he's just so unathletic for a guy who should be in his physical prime.

In our post-Walker never-ending quest for a right-back he's probably the worst of all the players we've tried.

I always want to give a player the benefit of the doubt in their first season but he just isn’t good enough . We have a major problem in this position . 2 players that are just as bad as each other
Aurier has been better than Doherty. Doesn't mean Aurier has been great, but I think he's getting too much stick here. He's been decent and better than prior years.

Doherty has got to go though.

He seems to lack awareness and has a very low football iq.

Nearly put the ball in our net under no pressure, and had the same ball pinged over his head repeatedly while he just stood there dumbstruck.

I am starting to doubt if a second season is even worth risking

He seems to lack awareness and has a very low football iq.

Nearly put the ball in our net under no pressure, and had the same ball pinged over his head repeatedly while he just stood there dumbstruck.

I am starting to doubt if a second season is even worth risking
He's 29 years old. Can't imagine waiting for him to come good. Sell him while he has some value.

Back
Top Bottom