Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“When a team like Liverpool needed to improve their team in a certain area, people said it was crazy to pay £75m for a centre-back,” said Pochettino. “But Liverpool were right.

“They picked Van Dijk, because at that moment they believed he was the best centre-back in England who could make them better, and they were right. The people who believed other things have now been shown that Liverpool were right.

“Some people said ‘Why would you pay £75m for a centre-back?’ But if you are going to sign the player who is going to improve your team, then it is not a lot of money. Because to win a Champions League or a Premier League, it is cheaper to spend this type of money.

This is gonna hurt a few Wikipedia readers

It's taken me a long time but I've come to realise that people will spin any news, comments, even history, to suit their own agenda. The only person who knows exactly what Poch means is Poch, and all we can do is take his words at face value at this moment in time. As we all know, circumstances change at break neck speed these days, today's hero is tomorrow's villain, so I intend to enjoy Poch's tenure for as long as it is.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has refused to give assurances that he will be at the club next season. (Telegraph)

He always gives the same answer to this question. That in football you never know what will happen but that he gives everything every single day. There’s nothing else to say, he says the same thing about players leaving.

He’s clearly very frustrated that we can’t buy players to help us compete with City but until a job offer from a bigger club gets through Levy and onto his desk, he will get on with doing the job. It must be irritating to be so close to challenging for the title but having to make do with a raw youngster like Foyth as your new CB when the top two are buying Laporte and Van Dijk for £65-70m.

This whole Pochettino not confirming he'll be at the club next season is a complete joke, the man cannot win.

If he'd have come out and said he will 100% be here the media would have said he's only saying that because he wanted Real or Man U & now both aren't available he's left with us for the time being. If he comes out and does what he does by saying in football you can't make promises I think it's the only thing he can do to show consistency in what he's saying. If he'd have changed his tune the media would have lapped it up.

Also the headlines seem to ignore the comment where he says if he's asked his thoughts about next season. Pochettino is quoted as saying: “Football changes very quick. It’s difficult to say ‘I am now happy and sure I will be here next season"

So Poch says he's happy and he's sure he will be here next season yet the story is spun to say he won't guarantee it. Time wasters with agendas.

Deary me - time to log off me thinks

For someone who doesnt like cloggers, you seem to have a blind spot for Liverpools.
Geezers got the finesse of a giraffe...good at predicting play, but so was Naybet.

If Juve paid 90M for Trippier, you'd probably call him the best RB in the world and rue the day we sold him

For someone who doesnt like cloggers, you seem to have a blind spot for Liverpools.
Geezers got the finesse of a giraffe...good at predicting play, but so was Naybet.

If Juve paid 90M for Trippier, you'd probably call him the best RB in the world and rue the day we sold him
Juve won’t even pay 9m for him - you live in a fantasy world

Also the headlines seem to ignore the comment where he says if he's asked his thoughts about next season. Pochettino is quoted as saying: “Football changes very quick. It’s difficult to say ‘I am now happy and sure I will be here next season"

So Poch says he's happy and he's sure he will be here next season yet the story is spun to say he won't guarantee it. Time wasters with agendas.
Did you read that right? Youve broken part of a sentence that you want to hear and taken it away from the 'its difficult to say' part to change its meaning. He is basically saying, he cant say all that because things change in football quickly.

This whole Pochettino not confirming he'll be at the club next season is a complete joke, the man cannot win.

If he'd have come out and said he will 100% be here the media would have said he's only saying that because he wanted Real or Man U & now both aren't available he's left with us for the time being. If he comes out and does what he does by saying in football you can't make promises I think it's the only thing he can do to show consistency in what he's saying. If he'd have changed his tune the media would have lapped it up.

That’s not what Poch said. He said “it’s difficult to say ‘I am now happy and sure I will be here next season”. He’s sticking to his line of “you never know in football”.

That’s not what Poch said. He said “it’s difficult to say ‘I am now happy and sure I will be here next season”. He’s sticking to his line of “you never know in football”.

That's the exact same quote I put up so I don't really know what your comment means. He has constantly stated you can never guarantee in football and he has constantly stated that he is happy.

He highlights that it isn't just him it's Daniel Levy as well and that whilst Levy says he is happy with him, things in football can change quickly

Why would Poch change his stance because Ole got the job?

By saying what he’s always said, it just goes to show how irrelevant Man Utd are.
He always....always puts it in a way that says “I can’t say I’ll be here because Levy could sack me tomorrow”

No news, no messages just something the press are too thick to grasp

Back
Top Bottom