Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

King, Crouch, Campbell, Huddlestone, Livermore and Carr are a few that I can think of that are/were PL academy grads?

True but that was over a very long period, we used to get about 1 players every 3-4 years now its Townsend, Kane, Bentaleb, Mason already in the space of a season or two and another bunch coming through as well.

The key thing is, if we can begin to "create" our own squad players / first teamers, fill gaps etc with these lads coming through, then it could possibly allow us to concentrate what funds we have on "key" players rather than purchasing players such as Chirches, Chadli etc to fill said gaps.

Don't know how realistic this is mind in the short term but I would imagine it is the long term goal.

Players are more likely to adapt to playing styles and all that shite as well.

People that think Poch will be gone soon and calling for his head are mentally hilarious, im sure even Levy has clicked onto the fact that the manager is having the same problems as previous, would also like to say that im pro Levy, most people hate him and joke about him but he always seems to do the best he can for this glorious club even in precarious situation's.

Great substitutions today, we were really struggling to win the ball back until he subbed on Dembele and Stambouli. I think Poch is starting to find out which players are willing to fight for him now and he squad is starting to take shape. I do think Stambouli deserves a chance next game, he showed more then enough today. I think Mason needs a rest also, maybe sub him late in the next game if we need an extra body in the middle.

Strange that we really haven't seen the fullbacks bombing forward. Now that Kyle is back hopefully we'll see more of it because we need some width.

I thought Pritchard's loan was season long? Velky's loan is up in January as well.
Oh I thought he was coming back in January could be wrong tho, yeah he is imo he will stay at Middlesbrough as they do a good job at making kids fight for there place and Karanka seems good with youngsters, as mentioned above tho Ceballos starting soon enough wouldn't suprise me :)

If anyone sees improvement in the way the team is playing from the first match of the season and until now, can you please point out the whats and hows ?
- spells of very impressive pressing
- spells of good one touch, pass and move (Hull, Everton etc)
- ability to park the bus and play on the counter ((away at scum)

And not running out of gas late in games.

Agree with this completely. We use to be soft at the end of games and drop points, yet now we seem to have loads of energy. Look at Eriksen's goal today, 88th minute and Kane is running at people and closing them down.

The amount of energy they have compared to other teams is hugely noticeable. Swansea were dead on their feet after 85 mins, you always felt we could go another 20-25.

Agree with this completely. We use to be soft at the end of games and drop points, yet now we seem to have loads of energy. Look at Eriksen's goal today, 88th minute and Kane is running at people and closing them down.

The amount of energy they have compared to other teams is hugely noticeable. Swansea were dead on their feet after 85 mins, you always felt we could go another 20-25.
Absolutely. Funny how everyone was terrified Pochettino's training regime would hurt the team.

Tottenham's Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen, 22, reckons the club's tough new fitness regime under manager Mauricio Pochettino is responsible for their run of dramatic late victories over Hull, Aston Villa and Swansea. (Guardian)

Seems like he has got the backing of probably our best player second to Lloris, shame all the fans can give the same backing!

Agree man, and it's also about a soft mentality.
Gary Nevilles insights into dressing room talks when he played will haunt us for a while to come.

Any winner in a competitive arena has to be strong mentally and physically..... even nasty (at least for motivation)

Look at the British Cycling team..... looking at every single possible area for marginal gains just to be better. And that's what anyone needs to be champ.

There's teams with more money, more hunger, so how do we bridge the gap if we don't have the money? Be more ruthless, more determined, work harder.

Nick Faldo's comments from when he was at the top of his game still ring true. "The more I practice, the luckier I get"

Hard work pays dividends :)

Back
Top Bottom