Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have no idea what this means. Elaborate?
When he was on sky talking about one of our games and how soft we are, he mentioned what the team talks by Alex Ferguson for games against used to be
"Come on lads, it's Tottenham" (possibly not word for word correct)

Implying we are a walk over and that even if we are in front, by the end of 90 minutes we will fold.

I think he means Roy Keane and Fergie giving it the "Lads, it's Tottenham" speech...

Edit: Should have updated the page before posting...but, you know, fuck it, I'm a man who takes risks.
Lol, well the point was someone from Man U said it, they've been dicking us for many years.
We go a goal up, even the crowd, thinks oh no, it's too soon, they'll do what they normally do now

Found this thread on page 3??

I went to a game in 2007 when Jol in charge. Best song at the bricklayers was "I love Martin Jooo-ool". Great memories.
Now I've been here since November and haven't heard it one for Poch.
Why?
He's not as lovable as Jol but we sing for soldado despite everything.

Thank you Poch for the performance yesterday, thanks for trusting young players like Mason and Kane, thanks for getting our players fitter (Chadli looks like a new man this season), thanks for giving us tactics but not being too stubborn and showing some flexability.

I hated the boring football of AVB I make no bones about it and Sherwood was just a temp manager. Where ever we finish this season I am enjoying it so thank you Poch.

Last edited:
Really tempted to be a colossal twunt and drag up old posts from people saying Pochettino didn't have a clue, couldn't get it right, couldn't handle the schedule. But it would be moronic. I understand where the fears and doubts come from. But I think Poche has made his point and the faith demanded will now be shown by the fans.

The man knows what he's doing. We just need to support him while he does it.

Really tempted to be a colossal twunt and drag up old posts from people saying Pochettino didn't have a clue, couldn't get it right, couldn't handle the schedule. But it would be moronic. I understand where the fears and doubts come from. But I think Poche has made his point and the faith demanded will now be shown by the fans.

The man knows what he's doing. We just need to support him while he does it.

People have their own reasons, my two choices where De Boer and Poch, with De Boer as my fav so I was happy with Poch overall, he did well with the saints, promoted young players and most of all I liked the style of football I thought it would fit in with our traditions of positive attacking football.

Admittedly at first I was quite tempted by Van Gaal and although he's good his personality seems a bit toxic.

People have their own reasons, my two choices where De Boer and Poch, with De Boer as my fav so I was happy with Poch overall, he did well with the saints, promoted young players and most of all I liked the style of football I thought it would fit in with our traditions of positive attacking football.

Admittedly at first I was quite tempted by Van Gaal and although he's good his personality seems a bit toxic.
I didn't mean that, so much as the posts from October/November shitting all over him. We all knew this kind of stuff required patience, and some weren't willing to give it. After re-reading those posts, it's tempting to rename this thread "The Muppet Show."

I didn't mean that, so much as the posts from October/November shitting all over him. We all knew this kind of stuff required patience, and some weren't willing to give it. After re-reading those posts, it's tempting to rename this thread "The Muppet Show."

At the saints the players said it took at least 6 months for his methods to be understood and followed. We are still in early days and we have not even had a transfer window yet for Poch to sell and buy to organise the squad the way he wants (if Levy backs of course)

At the saints the players said it took at least 6 months for his methods to be understood and followed. We are still in early days and we have not even had a transfer window yet for Poch to sell and buy to organise the squad the way he wants (if Levy backs of course)
I know. Yet so many were so eager to throw him under the bus.

Hopefully, minds have been changed on that score.

Back
Top Bottom