Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you're very much aware that the majority who wanted him gone was because he whored himself for the England job after we stood by him in his court case just a few weeks before AND we were looking like genuine title contenders at the time of his whoring.

Yet.......the same people dont mind Poch whoring himself out, saying he will leave the day before a CL final if we win, airing out squad problems daily, and looking like title contenders but capitulating a 13pt gap and finishing behind Scum after losing 5-1 to a relegated team.

The similarities are uncanny....but with Poch its ok.

And its total bullshit that people were all about the England thing only. AVB was deemed next level and Redknapp called a chancer that inherited a good team and his only tactic was "run abaaat a bit".

And, when asked at the Fifa Best Awards on Monday night whether he would be interested in managing Real Madrid, Pochettino said: “Maybe some year.”
(this week of all weeks)

And 2016 when we were flying:
“I’ve always said that I would be pleased to join a great club like PSG,” Pochettino told French radio station RMC. “Come to Paris? I hope so. It is true that it would please me. It’s part of my dreams. I try to watch all their matches, especially in the Champions League.

The above is fine....but this:

"It's a decision for the FA but it's very difficult to find anyone who's in a job at the moment because it's an important time of the year for every club and manager - so for somebody to walk away from a club won't be easy," Redknapp said.

"I think they are going to have to accept that they are going to have to wait until the end of the season and whoever takes it at the end of the season I think there's still time. You don't see the players anyway; everybody's playing for their clubs so it's not as if you're training with the players everyday like you do at a club.

"You're only going to see them at the end of the season because they've got so many games between now and the end of the season. International football will be at the back of their minds.

"Part-time? I think in the short-term maybe it's possible for the European Championships but I think in the long-term it's not possible to manage a club team and a national team. I think it's so difficult, you know it's a full-time job"

is supposedly treacherous.

:defoe:

And, when asked at the Fifa Best Awards on Monday night whether he would be interested in managing Real Madrid, Pochettino said: “Maybe some year.”
(this week of all weeks)

And 2016 when we were flying:
“I’ve always said that I would be pleased to join a great club like PSG,” Pochettino told French radio station RMC. “Come to Paris? I hope so. It is true that it would please me. It’s part of my dreams. I try to watch all their matches, especially in the Champions League.

The above is fine....but this:

"It's a decision for the FA but it's very difficult to find anyone who's in a job at the moment because it's an important time of the year for every club and manager - so for somebody to walk away from a club won't be easy," Redknapp said.

"I think they are going to have to accept that they are going to have to wait until the end of the season and whoever takes it at the end of the season I think there's still time. You don't see the players anyway; everybody's playing for their clubs so it's not as if you're training with the players everyday like you do at a club.

"You're only going to see them at the end of the season because they've got so many games between now and the end of the season. International football will be at the back of their minds.

"Part-time? I think in the short-term maybe it's possible for the European Championships but I think in the long-term it's not possible to manage a club team and a national team. I think it's so difficult, you know it's a full-time job"

is supposedly treacherous.

:defoe:
Exactly, and Harry wasn't considering joining another football club. He thought he was being offered the opportunity to manage his country and appeared to have the backing of everyone in the country. Totally different temptation.
Wonder what the reaction would be if Argentina came calling for Poch ?

Exactly, and Harry wasn't considering joining another football club. He thought he was being offered the opportunity to manage his country and appeared to have the backing of everyone in the country. Totally different temptation.

You see that attitude already, some twat pressing disagree.......so much in the post impossible to know what but he disagrees with.

But as long as its not a post hailing Poch to the high heavens, then a little x is all thats needed

I'd be delighted if took the job especially if it comes after winning a trophy and top 4.
I don't think a lot of fans are showing loyalty to him therefore he shouldn't show any loyalty to us.

Poch is off, either it’s in the next month or so or at the end of the season. But this is his last season. As it is with many other players.

Personally I would like to see him stay the rest of the season and us go all out for the fa cup . Hopefully get a lucky draw and end his reign and many others with a trophy.

Then start the rebuild in the summer with a new manager.

Champions league is not happening next season, either with a new manager or not.

And Harry was sacked 7 years ago and is still getting cunted for it.
Should we be eternally gratefull that PSG didnt want Poch three years ago despite his come and get me plea
There was no come and get me plea, just a desire to manage PSG one day, nothing wrong that. Especially given the number of disloyal supporters around.
Managers are always going to get cunted off, perhaps Sir Bill is the only guy I've seen that hasn't been.

Spurs have had our best phase ever under this man and he had pledged his loyalty to the club when the bigger clubs were chasing him. It is simply not right to dump him when he has a lean phase.

It's not entirely his fault that the team's performances have been woeful this season. The 2 main reasons that are apparent

1) Eriksen and Toby not being replaced nor committed to a new contract. Should've cashed in on them and gotten 1-1 replacements
2) Trippier being sold and Aurier so far being a disaster
3) Injuries to most of the new signings, which means the club is having to make-do with last year's squad

1) and 2) can be solved in January. and by then new signings will be back hopefully (and the likes of Dele find some kind of decent form)

Just need to weather this tough phase and continue supporting Pochettino. Just need to temper the expectations that this season will be one of rebuild and a top 4 achievement should be good enough to aim for.

How long do even the most successful managers stay in a job? Three or four years these days. And those are the ones that win things. Longer than that, it all goes a bit stale.

Nice to see another Poch thread by the way....

Back
Top Bottom