Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FFS when are you going to lay some responsibility and blame on Poch's doorstep ? Are you really prepared to watch performances like last week and keep saying "He'll turn it around ?".
There comes a time when your faith and belief in someone is no longer there. Ask the team, they know what I'm on about. Stop with this unsubstantiated myth that doom and gloom awaits us if he was to relinquish his post so we must therefore cling defiantly to his sinking mast.
There is a staleness about everything, a musty smelling predictability about our style of play that even Brighton were able to capitalise on yesterday. Did you really ever expect to hear their fans singing "We want seven" when playing us this season ?
Substitutions are baffling, objectives are non existent, formation is unfathomable and any kind of plan went out of the window months ago.
So continue putting up new threads about keeping Poch if you wish, but some of us want to keep Tottenham Hotspur and what that name stands for instead. Doing this is just turning the sad situation into a farce and making a mockery of a very critical time at the club.

Can last as long as 27years if the club backs him.
I don’t think he can though. Gone are the days of Fergie and Wenger spending more than a decade at a club. Just can’t happen now. Demands of the fans and players, changes in tactics and training. Means it’s a short term role now.

Only Dyche and Howe have been in their jobs longer. All the sides that are winning trophies? Shorter term managers.

I think Levy is working out who to approach if he has to change the manager.

January is not so far away and neither is the return to fitness of Lo Celso and Sessegnon. Their arrival will increase options but not change the lack of confidence.

It's what Levy thinks the club needs. Is the model one that demands top 4 every season? We are still well placed this season but going backwards, but worse is the manner and now rate of decline.

No doubt players will leave. I knew we needed 6 or 7 players in the summer or maybe that could have translated to the players needed a different voice or ideas?

Ultimately it's confidence but we also lack the depth of character and those players who were the spine and inspired us have dipped alarmingly. But why?

So it's a question of have we hit rock bottom, would 3 or 4 new players change the dynamic or is the voice of 5 years no longer being heard?

There is no panic for now but Levy has a maximum of 12 weeks to decide in relation to this season and if he does change it what kind of manager does he want? We have a squad of quality but one that needs a refresh and maybe a different overlord.

Beyond changing it by Christmas it's very much a future look. Levy may just want to give Pochettino as long as he feels he deseeves because of the first 4 and a bit years. I would get that but it would probably be a painful watch.

Last edited:
I think Levy is working out who to approach if he has to change the manager.

January is not so far away and neither is the return to fitness of Lo Celso and Sessegnon. Their arrival will increase options but not change the lack of confidence.

It's what Levy thinks the club needs. Is the model one that demands top 4 every season? We are still well placed this season but going backwards, but worse is the manner and now rate of decline.

No doubt players will leave. I knew we needed 6 or 7 players in the summer or maybe that could have translated to the players needed a different voice or ideas?

Ultimately it's confidence but we also lack the depth of character and those players who were the spine and inspired us have dipped alarmingly. But why?

So it's a question of have we hit rock bottom, would 3 or 4 new players change the dynamic or is the voice of 5 years no longer being heard?

There is no panic for now but Levy has a maximum of 12 weeks to decide in relation to this season and if he does change it what kind of manager does he want? We have a squad of quality but one that needs a refresh and maybe a different overlord.

Beyond changing it by Christmas it's very much a future look. Levy may just want to give Pochettino as long as he feels he deseeves because of the first 4 and a bit years. I would get that but it would probably be a painful watch.

The future of poch is entirely in levys hand.

What type of club are we?

A chelsea, that hire and fire managers to maintain standards

Or a man united, that back their manager for a lot longer in the hope of building things

Both models have their merits.

My money is on Levy thinking about next years CL money. He will fire poch by the end of the month. A leopard doesnt change its spots.

The future of poch is entirely in levys hand.

What type of club are we?

A chelsea, that hire and fire managers to maintain standards

Or a man united, that back their manager for a lot longer in the hope of building things

Both models have their merits.

My money is on Levy thinking about next years CL money. He will fire poch by the end of the month. A leopard doesnt change its spots.

Interesting points.

I think Levy's biggest ask is does he think Pochettino can change the direction of current travel?

Nothing else has relevance.

If we don't make a change we are running headfirst into a relegation battle

Hmmmmmm.....

My concern so I won't dismiss this out of hand is the lack of leadership on the pitch in the 4 key areas.

Lloris is a worry, nobody grabs the middle of the park and Kane needs a supply that is not coming.

But I think we will avoid a relegation fight regardless and be stronger once we get through tbis.

Interesting points.

I think Levy's biggest ask is does he think Pochettino can change the direction of current travel?

I think Poch has to have the chance to play GLC and Ndombele together. I have no idea how we set up to include these two plus the other likely starters.

January is a fair time to assess things.

The only thing we definitely know today that we only 95% knew in August is that we’re not going to win the league.

3rd-6th is still where the world predicts us to be.

I think Poch has to have the chance to play GLC and Ndombele together. I have no idea how we set up to include these two plus the other likely starters.

January is a fair time to assess things.

The only thing we definitely know today that we only 95% knew in August is that we’re not going to win the league.

3rd-6th is still where the world predicts us to be.

Okay.

What Pochettino palpably has not shown is that he can identify the areas that need filling.

One fcuking out and out striker is criminal. Finding a leader out there is harder but come on.

It's my bigger worry that even if we move out Eriksen, Alderweireld, Rose etc, would he buy the right type and then mould them accordingly?

I am not convinced.

Last edited:
Okay.

What Pochettino palpably has not shown is that he can identify the areas that need filling.

One fcuking out and out striker is criminal. Finding a leader out there is harder but come on.

It's my bigger worry that even if move out Eriksen, Alderweireld, Rose etc, would he buy the right type and then mould them accordingly?

I am not convinced.

I’m no longer 100 percent myself.

I’ve gone from confident he’ll sort it out to merely hopeful....

Levy has to decide where he is on this scale.

Interesting points.

100pc.

I go one step further and say can he turn it around before the next summer window. In the old days poch could have spent his way out of trouble. But now realistically, we cant get numbers in except for a sunmer window.

It would take a brave chairman to allow this to continue until sumer 2020

I believe poch can turn it around in 2 years.

But i dont believe he can do it this season. Thats the issue. Is levy willing to write off this season to keep poch

Team selection has been inconsistent

Performances unrecognisable

Dreadful results

Seems the manager does not want to work with current squad

If no improvement by December then club should take action and that’s neatly a year of poor PL run..

Last edited:
Seems the manager does not want to work with current squad

If no improvement by December then club should take action and that’s neatly a year of poor PL run..
That's because he's been looking rid of some of them for a couple of seasons...and yet they're still here...

That's because he's been looking rid of some of them for a couple of seasons...and yet they're still here...
“Some of them”
Ok didn’t happen, carry on doing your job, they are the same players who got us top 4 in the previous seasons. Few of them aged but still excellent form and adapt the team round them or don’t play them but don’t mess about. Or just resign

Can we afford another 2 months of this though? Do we make a change now whilst a season can be rescued?
He is a good manager, you have got to give him time, you also have to look the alternatives. This season looks doom tbh.
But to get top 4 will never be so easy looking at manu so poor, woolwich average, chelski can't sign players, playing youth with inexperienced manager and are Leicester really better than us.
It's criminal for Spurs to miss top 4 this season and the consequences.

I would like to see Poch get the Watford game and the Red Star game, negative results in these and the change will need to be made, the season can still be rescued but not if we lose the next 2

Back
Top Bottom