Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The whole quit if we won the Champions League thing didn't bother me at all. It would have been completing football on the hardest setting. Nothing more to achieve. Even as a supporter I'd have known it could never have been topped. How could you maintain the same drive and buzz if you'd won the Champions League without signing anyone for 2 years against every single odds from Barcelona to City to Ajax. It would have been project complete, all critics silenced in one and I'll forever be gutted that it didn't happen.

By taking the prize-money and going on to be dominant and cement yourself as one of the games greats?

First things first though... Win the fuckin' thing.

ESqBWJZX0AQaDLz

Bale's hair looking greyer and shorter than I remember.

The whole quit if we won the Champions League thing didn't bother me at all. It would have been completing football on the hardest setting. Nothing more to achieve. Even as a supporter I'd have known it could never have been topped. How could you maintain the same drive and buzz if you'd won the Champions League without signing anyone for 2 years against every single odds from Barcelona to City to Ajax. It would have been project complete, all critics silenced in one and I'll forever be gutted that it didn't happen.

And people wonder why we’re always the bridesmaid!

That sort of attitude permeates this club at every level which is why “spursy” is a thing

And people wonder why we’re always the bridesmaid!

That sort of attitude permeates this club at every level which is why “spursy” is a thing

I'd have liked him to stay forever but would understand that if he won the greatest prize in club football with that team he might have wanted a new challenge afterwards.

That's not bridesmaid and it's not Spursy.

I miss him so much.

Yes the last year was wierd. I mean we were shit but we got to the champions league final!!! I said in another thread I remember buzzing when we finally qualified for the europa league under jol so the journey has been amazing.

He was the first manager since I was a kid and venables was there that I really believed in. Harry was good but I never trusted him and the fact that he considered Campbell to be brave always put a bad taste in my mouth.

Poch was everything you want from a spurs manager. He oozed class , he had links to our past with the argentinians, the football was high intensity and aggressive. And most importantly he had you believing. Those that knock him here would do well to remember how many times we have challenged for a title or got to a european cup final.

Yes it was our best team in decades but it was pochs team. He turned verts career round and brought in toby, he made walker reliable, he transformed rose. In midfield he got the best out of the legend that is dembele and let's not forget before poch Mousa was struggling. Remembering him saying dont worry about a dm I have it covered and then to everyone's amazement eric dier had the season of his life there. Then poch improves and takes wanyama . Harry's career exploded under poch, he took dele from league one to international superstar. This all happened under him.

Before him we had tim fucking Sherwood playing chadli in centre mid, poch didnt take over a well oiled machine.

I'm 41 and I'm thankful to the man who finally took us to the top table. Im thankful for the man that took us past the scum. I'm thankful for seeing my team in the biggest game in the world after he hadn't signed a player for 2 years or whatever it was.

In the end it probably was just that, the end. He looked tired and out of ideas but to me his a legend and always will be.

I miss him so much.

Yes the last year was wierd. I mean we were shit but we got to the champions league final!!! I said in another thread I remember buzzing when we finally qualified for the europa league under jol so the journey has been amazing.

He was the first manager since I was a kid and venables was there that I really believed in. Harry was good but I never trusted him and the fact that he considered Campbell to be brave always put a bad taste in my mouth.

Poch was everything you want from a spurs manager. He oozed class , he had links to our past with the argentinians, the football was high intensity and aggressive. And most importantly he had you believing. Those that knock him here would do well to remember how many times we have challenged for a title or got to a european cup final.

Yes it was our best team in decades but it was pochs team. He turned verts career round and brought in toby, he made walker reliable, he transformed rose. In midfield he got the best out of the legend that is dembele and let's not forget before poch Mousa was struggling. Remembering him saying dont worry about a dm I have it covered and then to everyone's amazement eric dier had the season of his life there. Then poch improves and takes wanyama . Harry's career exploded under poch, he took dele from league one to international superstar. This all happened under him.

Before him we had tim fucking Sherwood playing chadli in centre mid, poch didnt take over a well oiled machine.

I'm 41 and I'm thankful to the man who finally took us to the top table. Im thankful for the man that took us past the scum. I'm thankful for seeing my team in the biggest game in the world after he hadn't signed a player for 2 years or whatever it was.

In the end it probably was just that, the end. He looked tired and out of ideas but to me his a legend and always will be.
GrotesqueFastFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

I miss him so much.

Hear hear, couldn't have said it better myself. If Levy supported him like the Yanks support Klopp he could've been here for a life time.

I miss him so much.

One of the main reasons I'm willing to give Mourinho time is his strong links to our past Portuguese contingent of Dominguez, Postiga, Rocha and Mendes...

Personally think it would be dumb for Poch to go there (assuming he has other options). He has to win trophies at his next stop and the risk of that not happening at Newcastle is pretty large.

Back
Top Bottom