Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pochettino really fucked this club up. He made our supporters think we were better than we are and that CL finals, 2nd place finishes, consecutive CL qualification was our divine right. He raised expectation levels for the lemmings, and he did it in a callous way, with no thought for the softies feelings.

He was probably the worst appointment Levy could have made - he’s set us back years, which personally, I think is his greatest achievement. Maybe now people will realise that playing tricks on dumb animals is the height of cruelty. The man is the devil incarnate and he will receive his punishment in the after life.

Thank god we’ve got Saint José to get us back to our pious 9th.

Can you tell me what our identity was between mid 2017 and late 2019?

You are giving answers. Just irrelevant ones.
So why not say what our identity was. If we had one, you’d simply say what it was.
Not sure why I am wasting my time on a little incel troll shitposting 24/7 but this is the last time I'm going to school your fucking ass. I won't reply to you again if you keep barking the same shit all over again like you do all the fucking time on this forum.

Like I said, we pressed for 2-3 seasons, the Leicester season and the Chelsea season were definitely a mirror of how aggressive and high pressing we were. Then we sold Walker, and never replaced him with a similar type of fullback and Rose got a long term injury so we had to play a pair of fullbacks who were not in the same mould. In Poch's early 4-2-3-1/3-4-2-1, the fullbacks were very important because they provided width. The downfall started there. It continued with the demise of Wanyama - Dembele pairing in CM.
Then in the last season, we started to pick a lot of injuries and we went from a Wanyama - Dembele partnership to Sissoko - Winks who are, let's be honest, miles behind. So of course Poch had to further tweak his system considering all these. He's basically had to make a system that should have been able to do well without a pair of attacking fullbacks, without a controlling midfield and later on, without the brain, the engine of it, Eriksen, who went missing in the last 1.5 years.

So put these all together and that allegedly the team 'refused' to work as hard as they did in the previous seasons, what the fuck do you expect?

Not sure why I am wasting my time on a little incel troll shitposting 24/7 but this is the last time I'm going to school your fucking ass. I won't reply to you again if you keep barking the same shit all over again like you do all the fucking time on this forum.

Like I said, we pressed for 2-3 seasons, the Leicester season and the Chelsea season were definitely a mirror of how aggressive and high pressing we were. Then we sold Walker, and never replaced him with a similar type of fullback and Rose got a long term injury so we had to play a pair of fullbacks who were not in the same mould. In Poch's early 4-2-3-1/3-4-2-1, the fullbacks were very important because they provided width. The downfall started there. It continued with the demise of Wanyama - Dembele pairing in CM.
Then in the last season, we started to pick a lot of injuries and we went from a Wanyama - Dembele partnership to Sissoko - Winks who are, let's be honest, miles behind. So of course Poch had to further tweak his system considering all these. He's basically had to make a system that should have been able to do well without a pair of attacking fullbacks, without a controlling midfield and later on, without the brain, the engine of it, Eriksen, who went missing in the last 1.5 years.

So put these all together and that allegedly the team 'refused' to work as hard as they did in the previous seasons, what the fuck do you expect?
Well done for the Wikipedia copy and paste, but what was our identity between mid 2017 and late 2019.
Because this:

Like I said, we pressed for 2-3 seasons

Is a lie

Don’t bother mate. You’re dealing with a bloke who has life size pictures of himself in every room.

Zidane has no identity apparently but can anyone tell me what identity Poch left us with?

Genuine question. The lasting identity I remember from that era is bottle jobs.

Poch wanted to build a legacy like Ferguson or so the players and people associated at the club thought.... Poch also said he would maybe quit if we had won the Champions League. I loved the guy but he didn't exactly reassure in some of his behaviours did he?

He inherited a spine of Lloris, Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Dembele, Eriksen Lamela & Kane. I see a man who added the finishing touches but when it came to filling some of those leggy mainstays we built around he somewhat lacked to convince. Incredible that a large part of our fanbase was happy to give him 5-6 years but many won't give his replacement, a far more decorated man any more than 5-6 months. Mad ain't it?

Poch wanted to build a legacy like Ferguson or so the players and people associated at the club thought.... Poch also said he would maybe quit if we had won the Champions League. I loved the guy but he didn't exactly reassure in some of his behaviours did he?

He inherited a spine of Lloris, Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Dembele, Eriksen Lamela & Kane. I see a man who added the finishing touches but when it came to filling some of those leggy mainstays we built around he somewhat lacked to convince. Incredible that a large part of our fanbase was happy to give him 5-6 years but many won't give his replacement, a far more decorated man any more than 5-6 months. Mad ain't it?

Yeah people seem to forget all the ambiguous interviews where he would vaguely talk about doing other things

_95650427_6d896131-104f-475c-91a0-47c0df5e3c33.png

The whole quit if we won the Champions League thing didn't bother me at all. It would have been completing football on the hardest setting. Nothing more to achieve. Even as a supporter I'd have known it could never have been topped. How could you maintain the same drive and buzz if you'd won the Champions League without signing anyone for 2 years against every single odds from Barcelona to City to Ajax. It would have been project complete, all critics silenced in one and I'll forever be gutted that it didn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom