Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch gaves a million more moments than those 2 combined
Hmmmm naaah
Not sure if you remember but at the time, beating City to 4th, that Crouch goal was an equal feeling to the Ajax winner.

Jol era was the last link to the “old ways” in my opinion, and some of the best years at WHL that I can remember.

Poch gave us moments, and hope, but ultimately, nothing else.
I don’t count failing to Leicester as the best Spurs era since Bill Nic to be honest.

Hmmmm naaah
Not sure if you remember but at the time, beating City to 4th, that Crouch goal was an equal feeling to the Ajax winner.

Jol era was the last link to the “old ways” in my opinion, and some of the best years at WHL that I can remember.

Poch gave us moments, and hope, but ultimately, nothing else.
I don’t count failing to Leicester as the best Spurs era since Bill Nic to be honest.
Equating Poch to Jol and Redknapp's achievements is laughable even when looked at in context.

Equating Poch to Jol and Redknapp's achievements is laughable even when looked at in context.
It’s not laughable and the only one not using context is you.
You’ve forgotten how unlikely it was that we’d ever break top 4.
Before Jol we asked if we ever believed we’d make Europe again.

Harry getting 4th was way more unexpected than us reaching a CL final.
I mean, if Poch was one of the best managers in the world, and performed miracles, then why would it be so far fetched to beat Dortmund, City and Ajax over 6 games?

You say achievements. Can you name them?
Chasing Leicester until January and finishing 3rd is not an achievement.
Or you mean taking us from the cesspit AVB created and doing what Arry did in getting top 4 a few times?

Can you name the achievements? Or do you just mean sometimes we played well?

Yup - trolling confirmed - sorry I'm out
Can you name them then? Why is it difficult?

Three lost finals....surely you don’t mean this?
A title challenge we lost to relegation fodder....this?
Or making Danny Rose and Walker good for one season before selling Walker? This?

Or simply that we played really well for a couple years?
Or is top 4 “our everything“ again?

Poch right now after last night's results and the possibility of PSG firing Tuchel as well.

128861486-young-man-sitting-on-the-floor-using-mobile-phone.jpg

These debates about Poch are often a bit too binary imv.

He took us up more than a few notches and made us competitive with really big teams, both at home and abroad. We played some superb football under him at times. The 3-0 against Dortmund, 3-1 against Real and most of all beating Ajax in the CL semi finals at the death will live long in memory. But his reign should have been capped off with winning trophies: can't help but feel a bit frustrated at the Poch era overall, even when viewed in context. He wasn't as good as Sir Bill or Burks, but definitely a level above both Jol and Redknapp, although the latter is a bit underrated amongst portions of our fanbase for my money. I remember when we finished 4th under Redknapp for the first time, it felt amazing.

I wish Poch best of luck wherever he goes next, until his new team play us.

The no-show against Liverpool in the CL final actually slightly clouds the memory of the Ajax heroism for me. Liverpool weren't at their best and there for the taking: if we turned up and played well we would have won the match.

Going to PSG or Real? Thought this guy was a miracle worker, why the need for an endless money pit?
Should be relishing the chance to genuinely prove himself at Utd.

I think unless he wins something, even at PSG, as long as he builds a legacy rather than just jumping aboard the Globetrotter policy, he will just be remembered in England as the guy who made Spurs play well for a couple years.

Outside of England I think he’s running the risk of becoming a nobody

Will always have fond memories of Poch and the way he elevated us to dream of bigger things, but the fact that we turned to a proven trophy winner and dismissed him speaks volumes.

I honestly don't think he is in the conversation for the biggest jobs and should accept the first promising offer that he gets, if that is Woolwich so be it.
He won't win them any trophies with that squad and he won't be backed as they are skint so i'm not even worried.

I won't hate him for wanting to get his career going again.

Back
Top Bottom