Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wanted to stay at Barca. Without that, take the money. He doesn't owe anyone anything.
Of course he doesn't owe anyone anything. But it's not like he needs a final big paycheck, he's fucking mega minted. Why go to the most obvious, boring super rich shite team in a shitty league? I think most football fans look at PSG as an abomination.
Ronaldo to juve gave me a similar feeling, it's like just going there to be pretty much guaranteed a league win, another box ticked on the CV.
In comparison, I have more respect for Suarez going to athletico. He took a relative step down but helped push a lesser fancied team to league success. There's a greater glory in elevating a smaller team to success than there is rocking up in Paris and winning the French league.

Of course he doesn't owe anyone anything. But it's not like he needs a final big paycheck, he's fucking mega minted. Why go to the most obvious, boring super rich shite team in a shitty league? I think most football fans look at PSG as an abomination.
Ronaldo to juve gave me a similar feeling, it's like just going there to be pretty much guaranteed a league win, another box ticked on the CV.
In comparison, I have more respect for Suarez going to athletico. He took a relative step down but helped push a lesser fancied team to league success. There's a greater glory in elevating a smaller team to success than there is rocking up in Paris and winning the French league.

Maradona / Napoli.

He's already done what you're asking of him. How quickly people forget that Barca weren't the titans they are now the years before Messi's debut.

He's gone to Paris to play with Neymar, who he has been hounding the Barcelona board to resign for years.

He's already done what you're asking of him. How quickly people forget that Barca weren't the titans they are now the years before Messi's debut.

He's gone to Paris to play with Neymar, who he has been hounding the Barcelona board to resign for years.
Clearly I've never met the guy, but from his public persona, I can't for the life of me understand why someone would be actively seeking to be around Neymar, aside from the money/fame hungry hangers on obviously.

On Poch, if he was unhappy there due to Leonardo and his interference then I can't imagine how he's going to take to being dictated to by Messi.

Poch is quality irrespective of what happens at PSG.

Personally for all the talk of their front line, it's the signings they've made at the back that makes me think they'll be even better this season.

World's best keeper in Donnarumma, Ramos and Hakimi. Wijnaldum is a very smart signing as well.

Messi, Mbappe and Neymar.

If Poch can't win a CL with that then he's probably the worlds biggest bottler.

Even now and with Messi and Neymar a few years on, that trio would ensure you bought some spare pants.

If they click it will be frightening. We already know Messi and Neymar get on. I guess the unknown is the impact on Mbappe. Inspired by it or irritated by the biggest star of all arriving on his doorstep?

We will find out.

Poch is quality irrespective of what happens at PSG.

Personally for all the talk of their front line, it's the signings they've made at the back that makes me think they'll be even better this season.

World's best keeper in Donnarumma, Ramos and Hakimi. Wijnaldum is a very smart signing as well.
Leonardo is smart :)

Getting pelters

I reckon his bosses will be fuming at that too.......

They'll have been looking forward to the ego/PR/commerical rub from being known to be 'that' club.

(Personally don't think it would match Barca w/ prime Messi, Suarez & a properly motivated Neymar anyway.)

How quickly people forget that Barca weren't the titans they are now the years before Messi's debut.
Umm, what?

Barca were absolutely titans... Long before Messi even kicked a football Barca were absolutely one of the biggest clubs in the world. Their past is absolutely glistening with honors.

Back
Top Bottom