Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pochettino is facing the biggest season of his career. Has to comfortably win the league has to get to the champions league final. Genuinely think his next job is at spurs

If Nuno's doing well and Poch is sacked before the end of the season, I'll be disgusted if we ditch NES for a quick switcheroo.

.....That would reek of a disaster waiting to happen. I was uneasy about the prospect of him coming back so quickly this summer; but this would be worse.

At least want signs that Poch has re-found his mojo before we take him on again; ideally a few years down the line.

Last edited:
If Nuno's doing well and Poch is sacked before the end of the season, I'll be disgusted if we ditch NES for a quick switcheroo.

.....That would reek of a disaster waiting to happen. I was uneasy about the prospect of him coming back this summer; but this would be worse.

At least want signs that Poch has re-found his mojo before we take him on again; ideally 2/3 years down the line.
As much as I like Poch and want to see him back one day I agree.

If Nuno is doing well it would not sit well with me to replace him with Poch just for the sake of getting Poch back. Nuno should be given our backing and support instead of just being seen as the guy keeping the seat warm.

Poch will be back one day. And hopefully it won't be until all the stars align and it works for both parties.

Even Poch said it himself in an interview with BT Sport last year, that he would want to come back in 5-10 years. It’s not even been 2 years since he left yet. As much as I would have liked him back in the summer, in hindsight, I think it is too soon at this stage. Also agree with comments re Nuno, he has to be given time and a fair crack of the whip at the job.

Even Poch said it himself in an interview with BT Sport last year, that he would want to come back in 5-10 years. It’s not even been 2 years since he left yet. As much as I would have liked him back in the summer, in hindsight, I think it is too soon at this stage.
It is the best for all parties, including the fans, if the reunion is in a few years time.

Imagine the train wreck among the supporters if Poch did not pick back up where he left off had returned this summer.

There needs to be time between his runs so that they are more easily distinguishable. Poch's theoretical second run with us should not impact how we view his first one.

Some may say what a dream job for Pochettino.

Others might conclude that never has his return to us been more likely.

The pressure on him will now be insane and in some respects increase the possibility of Guardiola going there.

It's really quite weird but Pochettino and such stars may not be a match made in heaven.

Back
Top Bottom