Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I , for one, really want Poch to succeed. He's not immune to criticism though! He's not gods gift to spurs...untouchable etc. He's a talented manager with much to still learn and improve on. I hope he does that with us, and in turn, improves us. But that's nowhere near a certainty!

I think he is more determined than gifted manager. He is a veeeery slow learner when it comes to our players shortcomings but eventually he gets it.

I love what he has done to our fitness. I like how he's dropped the party boy players but my biggest fear is his penchant for playing people out of position. Its why I worry about new signings. Will he fuck them up by asking too much of them in areas they have never excelled in?

I have a feeling that it does not matter who we sign, because I'm not sure if Poch will utilize the team to work well with each other. I have a feeling we will continue to have areas of the pitch that low level opposition can easily bypass to pressure our back line.

I don't want to see a situation where Rose is too far forward with Eriksen and Njie oleying people pass if the cross is intercepted and they break.

Our back line gets way too much shit IMO. Watch Eriksen for the goal where he does not press and it results in Deir having to cover two runners off the ball. That happens all the time and Poch does not see it.

Thats why I loved the starting lineup. There was one weak area in Eriksen but he had mifiedl cover behind him. More than enough to account for his weakness off the ball and he was really creative as a result.

We can use this thread to watch out for this. We can see if he keeps making the same mistakes like putting Lamela on the right next to Eriksen. When Liverpool stuffed us at home it was a combo of Eriksen, Townsend or Lamela. The year before that they beat us 0-5 it was Naughton, Lennon, Townsend, Holtby and Soldado softening us up.

So he seems to be sloooowly learning because the team is getting less soft. But this recent lapse is worrying. Lets hope it was OBVIOUS enough that you can't have almost half of your midfield struggling in the physical aspect.

Poch is a Dead Man Walking I am afraid. I've seen jack shit improvement, and plenty of regression & excuses...it's ironic that he's only being saved because the idiot above him needs him as a Patsy.

His tactics are horrible, his judgement appalling & his excuses pathetic

Poch is a Dead Man Walking I am afraid. I've seen jack shit improvement, and plenty of regression & excuses...it's ironic that he's only being saved because the idiot above him needs him as a Patsy.

His tactics are horrible, his judgement appalling & his excuses pathetic

His speech today was a fucking insult to every Spurs fan on the planet, and none more so than those who travelled.

His speech today was a fucking insult to every Spurs fan on the planet, and none more so than those who travelled.
Not listened to it yet...but will no doubt include the following words in random order & repeated....Yes ( at least 4 times ) improve. Work. Improve. Hard. Disappointed. It's all he learns in his language lessons I assume.

Not listened to it yet...but will no doubt include the following words in random order & repeated....Yes ( at least 4 times ) improve. Work. Improve. Hard. Disappointed. It's all he learns in his language lessons I assume.

Apparently we deserved to win....how can you say you are angry about the mistake but we deserved more.
Deluded. We were shit.

Apparently we deserved to win....how can you say you are angry about the mistake but we deserved more.
Deluded. We were shit.

All games are about beating the other team. We weren't great, Leicester neither. It would not have been a steal if we had got the three points, but points shared was deserved.

I didn't think that was too bad. He took responsibility for the goal (which he didn't need to) and didn't blame anyone but himself. Apart from the "I'm not worried bit" - he could hardly criticise his boss on live TV - pretty standard stuff.

I didn't think that was too bad. He took responsibility for the goal (which he didn't need to) and didn't blame anyone but himself. Apart from the "I'm not worried bit" - he could hardly criticise his boss on live TV - pretty standard stuff.

How can anyone say we deserved 3pts and not mention the first half. Probably the worst 45 minutes of his reign.

Sick to fucking death of all this "err yeah well you know.." nonsense.

Just say we were very poor, and you are happy to come here and get a point and we can try and put things right next week. The table doesnt reflect our performances? Fuck off doesnt it...where should we be?

Top on 9pts in his head?

Joke. Keep picking your Argentinian son, and thats what you get.

I also thought what he said was fine. I also don't think he should be taking responsibility for the goal unless we get to the point where the manager gets the blame because he's the one who selected the squad etc. - Vertonghen was more than experienced enough NOT to show Mahrez inside.

I think Pochettino is happy with the squad (a lot happier than last season when we had the likes of Paulinho etc) - but I think he knows it needs to improve, hopefully Njie and Pritchards inclusions as well as one or two new signings before the window ends and we'll be even happier.

I agree with him on how we deserved a lot more from the opening three games and to be leading late on in both Stoke and Leicester games is of course frustrating but 1 point is better than 0 I suppose. We could have quite easily ended up with 6 points and a lot more people would be happy.

We'll see how it goes. I hope to see improvements as we all do.

See thats the problem......we could have quite easily had 6pts.

Yet we have 2pts. There is a problem, its not just "errrrrr you know, I dont know why but we deserve more"
It happens in football. We'll also win points when we don't deserve them this season.

Back
Top Bottom