Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Espanyol never got beyond mid table and were on the brink of relagation with Poch. This is Levy's last throw of the dice. Big name or bust.

Again the last bit of my post:

It's been shown time and time again that a big management name from a big club does not equal success. Martinez, Simeone, Conte, Wenger, Rodgers, Girard, Klopp, Rudi Garcia.

Where was Benitez managing before moving on to Valencia where he won the title twice? Tenerife in the Spanish second division.

Given the fact that Pochettino saved them from relegation in his first season and had to cope with his best players being sold in his first management job ever at a young age then I'd say he did well. There was a reason he was highly respected by Espanyol fans.

Again the last bit of my post:

Given the fact that Pochettino saved them from relegation in his first season and had to cope with his best players being sold in his first management job ever at a young age then I'd say he did well. There was a reason he was highly respected by Espanyol fans.
But given potential available candidates (speculative) would you prefer him over Anchelotti or db?
Do we want another 'project'? Not for me mate

Sorry but i am not convicned by this guy. if he is appointed then I will back him and he will need to be given time but I think there are better choices we could be going for, thats if you believe the media linking us with him of course!

But given potential available candidates (speculative) would you prefer him over Anchelotti or db?
Do we want another 'project'? Not for me mate

Completely fair point. Personally I don't see Ancelotti coming here if he was to be sacked, I think there may be a few big clubs who may decide to let their managers go if he was to become available. (Edit just as I'm writing that Martino has stepped down as Barca coach)

Honestly I'm just trying to keep my mind open about the 3 main candidates, I don't necesarily have a preference. I'd be very happy with De Boer or Benitez.

Completely fair point. Personally I don't see Ancelotti coming here if he was to be sacked, I think there may be a few big clubs who may decide to let their managers go if he was to become available. (Edit just as I'm writing that Martino has stepped down as Barca coach)

Honestly I'm just trying to keep my mind open about the 3 main candidates, I don't necesarily have a preference. I'd be very happy with De Boer or Benitez.
I guess we're all in a waiting game. I think our advantage with Ancelotti is his wish to return to the prem. I am just concerned we'll (Enic/Levy) will take the wrong road. I'm not a hater at all and think they've been a steady hand at the tiller - well apart from bloody sacking managers. But I do think this is the time to actually put perhaps all of the money into the next chief. My feeling is they want to get the new ground done and sell on. That's fine but to realise that they need to ensure European footie to be guaranteed.

Yes he is and he is not good enough to manage us, totally unproven and has only managed small clubs. If we really want to be taken seriously then we need a big name manager in place with a proven track record, the only option for me is Benitez
guardiola2.jpg

...didn't have a 'proven track record' before he came in as Barcelona boss. If you're good enough, then that's all that matters (of course, there is theoretically a smaller risk attached when hiring someone with more experience).

Can we look beyond the supposed glamour and look at stability. For me Pochettino represents a certain dignity,
calmness and self belief without the ego! This plus a footballing ethos that we at The Lane will appreciate.

If I am right? Then this is not only something that has been lacking this past 9 months, but something we, the
history of our club deserves.

Coys!!

Can we look beyond the supposed glamour and look at stability. For me Pochettino represents a certain dignity,
calmness and self belief without the ego! This plus a footballing ethos that we at The Lane will appreciate.

If I am right? Then this is not only something that has been lacking this past 9 months, but something we, the
history of our club deserves.

Coys!!

I absolutely agree with you that this is what our club could use right now. But based off quotes from both and first-hand descriptions of both, it seems to me that de Boer is actually more of this which you're hoping for.

I absolutely agree with you that this is what our club could use right now. But based off quotes from both and first-hand descriptions of both, it seems to me that de Boer is actually more of this which you're hoping for.
I would not necessarily disagree. The only thing that for me gives Pochettino the edge, is EPL experience.
I appreciate this can be countered by, what has he won, in comparison to De Boer, but I think the EPL quote
and in my opinion the "ego" reference. Makes Pochettino the preferred!

Honestly! I would not be disappointed with either! But Pochettino, would just be my preference.

COYS!!

I would not necessarily disagree. The only thing that for me gives Pochettino the edge, is EPL experience.
I appreciate this can be countered by, what has he won, in comparison to De Boer, but I think the EPL quote
and in my opinion the "ego" reference. Makes Pochettino the preferred!

Honestly! I would not be disappointed with either! But Pochettino, would just be my preference.

COYS!!

Yeah you seem pretty big on the experience mantra, and I don't blame you at all for it considering the events of the last few years. For me though, the amount he'd have just isn't enough to warrant choosing him over the advantages de Boer offers. But cheers mate, may we all be satisfied with whoever we choose come this time next year!

Back
Top Bottom