Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham manager search set to see official bid for Southampton's Pochettino within days
May 17, 2014 22:30 By Dave Kidd
Argentinian understood to feel Saints won't be able match last season's eighth place in 2014-15 if stars such as Shaw and Lallana are sold

And it is believed that the Argentine will tell the Saints he wants to leave.

The Saints have failed to convince Pochettino that they can match his ambitions and he is ready to force through a move to the White Hart Lane club – even if it hits him in the pocket.

Spurs technical director Franco Baldini has been leading the search for Tim Sherwood’s successor and Pochettino is his favoured candidate, with chairman Daniel Levy increasingly convinced by the Argentine’s credentials.

The Saints board is under siege with Manchester United having bid £27million for Luke Shaw and Liverpool ready to splash out £22m on Adam Lallana.

And with those crown jewels likely to be sold, Pochettino believes Southampton cannot finish higher than the eighth place in the Premier League they achieved this season.

Southampton would want £2m for Pochettino to break his contract, which has a year to run.

And Levy knows he will have to pay a salary of around £3m to attract any top young manager.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-manager-search-set-see-3557891#ixzz323TqvxRT
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

EXCLUSIVE: Tottenham going all out to bring Mauricio Pochettino to White Hart Lane
TOTTENHAM will make their big push this week to install Mauricio Pochettino as their new boss.

By Paul Hetherington/Published 18th May 2014
5377698181b84_poch.jpg
MAKING THEIR MOVE: Tottenham will make their big push this week to make Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino their new manager [GETTY]

Southampton are fighting to keep their Argentinian manager, 42.

But Spurs have decided the former Espanyol coach is the man they want to take over from Tim Sherwood - and are confident they’ll get him.

Pochettino has one year remaining on his deal with the Saints, who are ready to extend his agreement both in length and financially.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, however, is determined to secure his target on a £3.5 million-a-year contract.

107084.jpg
SHELLING OUT THE BIG BUCKS: Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is willing to give Pochettino a £3.5million-a-year contract [GETTY]

“Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, however, is determined to secure his target on a £3.5 million-a-year contract”

Tottenham originally Dutch master wanted Louis van Gaal but the Holland boss is on his way to Manchester United.

They also considered former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti.

But he is expected to remain at Champions League finalists Real Madrid.

And they retain an interest in Frank De Boer at Ajax – but Pochettino is the man they want

why would any Spurs fan not want to support and back any Spurs manager to succeed? You'd have to be a pretty shit fan to be so full of yourself and opinionated to want to see any manager fail, just because of your own prejudice.
Lets face it - we are put to the test often enough with oddball choices, so short of giving Rsol a shot, any of the touted candidates should be a doddle to get behind (see Neill, Graham, Gross et al for details)

why would any Spurs fan not want to support and back any Spurs manager to succeed? You'd have to be a pretty shit fan to be so full of yourself and opinionated to want to see any manager fail, just because of your own prejudice.
Lets face it - we are put to the test often enough with oddball choices, so short of giving Rsol a shot, any of the touted candidates should be a doddle to get behind (see Neill, Graham, Gross et al for details)
You're not allowed to use "et al" on a football forum.

Basically you'd have to be tim sherwood leaking news to the media and undermining the present manager's stewardship ?

Mick Cooper Mick Cooper

Who you talking to mate?

You got your rum goggles on and just calling out everyone?

Cheer up, the yids are about to get a new manager and both options have me excited!
it an open reflection on some of the preceding comments, does every post have to have a direct reference for you to follow?
Neither do my posts have to be a continuing vendetta against someone who disagreed with me once or twice, I'm not that petty or childish.
Thank you for sharing your excitement, I'm glad you felt you had to share.

I didn't know what you meant, as I have the tit on ignore. Now I know it annoys him, I may try to shoehorn it in more often

I was going to say, he's binned at the moment so we can all use latin without worrying whether he can understand it or not.

Procedo....

Did he quote how he predicted on a latin message board that the low IQ English language would eventually trump the traditional latin due to a soft set of vowels and paper-thin wordplay?
Yes he did. Claiming that the English language was also a dead language, until its revival as the New World's chosen form of verbal communication, made a reality by the efforts of enthusiastic Latin/English speaking emigres.

Back
Top Bottom