Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not quite... I got on the nerves of some guy next to me (whose seat, admittedly, I was standing in front of...) he TOTALLY went off on one...
I mean wide eyes, fists raised OUT OF NOWHERE. .. pushed me along the row and before I knew it, all his mates (who had probably 'seen this before') had decided to take it upon themselves to get out (Maybe for my own safety, who knows?)
The fact I moved along and down a couple of rows (my seat was already taken by so done else. .. but seeing as everyone was standing, I wasn't gonna be such a petulant cunt as to ask HIM to NOOOOOOOOOOVE!
...the woman who joined in on the gang mentality was the one who called a steward over... he was as bemused (though nowhere near as emarrassed or humiliated) as I was!

There it is in a nutshell...
Totally put of the blue, and unlike ANYTHING I've ever experienced at WHL...
I'm really NOT that type of person, believe me!

As soon as the steward arrived you shd have waved your ticket in his face and asked him, politely, to direct you to your seat

:harryhmm:

Possibly the most self important spurs fan on twitter.
Maybe, maybe not, I've only met her a couple of times and thought she was really nice. I wouldn't do what she does even if I was paid to do it. I'd end up chinning every Spurs I'd come into contact with, let alone deal with the vile abuse she gets subjected to.

I think the most self important Spurs fan is without question Harry Hotspur, or is it Boy Hotspur can't remember who he goes by. I'd also put Norman Giller in the self important bracket, find him inoffensive but constantly telling fans how they should react/behave/support/sing/clap whatever he knows best, snob.

I posted because she is certainly closer to the club than anyone one on here and I needed a comfort blanket having seen the pics.

So to understand this correctly - his mates pushed you out?

WTF
Well, not OUT of the ground... just out of this guy's ranting eye-bulging contorted face!

Tbh I was too caught up in the game (amazingly we were winning at the time!) and too shocked by what had happened to start waving my membership card to any stewards (plus I'd only just lobbed a load of torn up newspaper in the air - against the club's wishes - so believe it or not, I was TRYING not to draw attention to myself... FAT CHANCE!

Well, not OUT of the ground... just out of this guy's ranting eye-bulging contorted face!

Tbh I was too caught up in the game (amazingly we were winning at the time!) and too shocked by what had happened to start waving my membership card to any stewards (plus I'd only just lobbed a load of torn up newspaper in the air - against the club's wishes - so believe it or not, I was TRYING not to draw attention to myself... FAT CHANCE!
So how did you get ejected - based on what grounds?

This sounds crazy btw

So how did you get ejected - based on what grounds?

This sounds crazy btw
I wasn't ejected from the ground... just 'asked to leave' the block at FT but before the Lap of Humour!! ...it's fine, I nipped along the concourse and came back up in bl.34 to applaud the players round... My clean criminal record is in tact, and it wasn't traumatising in any way... just a bit humiliating to be honest....

I wasn't ejected from the ground... just 'asked to leave' the block at FT but before the Lap of Humour!! ...it's fine, I nipped along the concourse and came back up in bl.34 to applaud the players round... My clean criminal record is in tact, and it wasn't traumatising un any way... just a bit humiliating t jmjk q. F
What were you saying to piss that guy off so badly btw?

Spends every waking hour at the training ground they said.......

Last week radio interviews declaring he'd love to manage PSG

This week clandestine lunches with Ferguson and who knows who else.

#TogetherTHFC
I'm sure you're lusting for the undivided attention and commitment that Harry Redknapp brought to the club.

Spends every waking hour at the training ground they said.......

Last week radio interviews declaring he'd love to manage PSG

This week clandestine lunches with Ferguson and who knows who else.

#TogetherTHFC
Fuck off you Redknapp-loving gooner cunt

What were you saying to piss that guy off so badly btw?
Sorry... pressed disagree by mistake mid-reply!!!

Honestly... I don't know WHAT I said to him that was so bad....
I WAS in his seat at first, so that obviously didn't help us get off to the best start...
Waving my scarf when everyone else was waving flags might have annoyed him too...
But the biggest mistake was going back to try and apologise for apparently pissING him off so badly...
That DIDN'T go down well!!!

Still... it's all gone, bit like the game really!

Sorry... pressed disagree by mistake mid-reply!!!

Honestly... I don't know WHAT I said to him that was so bad....
I WAS in his seat at first, so that obviously didn't help us get off to the best start...
Waving my scarf when everyone else was waving flags might have annoyed him too...
But the biggest mistake was going back to try and apologise for apparently pissING him off so badly...
That DIDN'T go down well!!!

Still... it's all gone, bit like the game really!
What a bizarre experience

.....anyway, Poch... reckon he'll stay or what?
If the clubs shows we`re ambitious, and acts like the big club we are,(or at least should be) then he`ll stay.
If not, he`ll fuck off to united. (and quite likely try and unsettle some of the stars he`s developed here to try and get them to join him)

I'm sure I read ages ago there was a mutual respect between Poch and Ferguson, if it was really a secret tapping up meeting I don't think they would've done it in central London. Obviously they wouldn't want to make a big deal of it either as the papers have seen them and all of a sudden the media have got 'evidence' of every Poch to United story for the rest of the year.

I can't see why Poch would leave with the young squad he's built, another year to get a couple of signings in and the future looks promising. Levy has to show ambition and pay him appropriately, having a manager like this who can develop younger players (either from youth or cheaper transfers) is priceless to us with the new stadium starting and having to be careful with our money.

It doesn't make sense to me that he would leave and take over at United who despite spending a fortune still look in a mess. But maybe money talks and he'll fuck off and break out hearts.

The funny thing is, the club haven't said they knew about it, just a handful of ITK wannabes say they knew about it, which makes sense if trying to save face.

The fact is the guy is currently in contract negotiations and has been spotted out with the recruitment guy from another club who are desperate for a new manager.

Bad timing or not, it's really unprofessional to do it a few days before the game that could see us finish 2nd (or not)

If his new contract with Spurs isn't announced before the game this weekend I'd say he'll be offski.

If the clubs shows we`re ambitious, and acts like the big club we are,(or at least should be) then he`ll stay.
If not, he`ll fuck off to united. (and quite likely try and unsettle some of the stars he`s developed here to try and get them to join him)
I'm sure I read ages ago there was a mutual respect between Poch and Ferguson, if it was really a secret tapping up meeting I don't think they would've done it in central London. Obviously they wouldn't want to make a big deal of it either as the papers have seen them and all of a sudden the media have got 'evidence' of every Poch to United story for the rest of the year.

I can't see why Poch would leave with the young squad he's built, another year to get a couple of signings in and the future looks promising. Levy has to show ambition and pay him appropriately, having a manager like this who can develop younger players (either from youth or cheaper transfers) is priceless to us with the new stadium starting and having to be careful with our money.

It doesn't make sense to me that he would leave and take over at United who despite spending a fortune still look in a mess. But maybe money talks and he'll fuck off and break out hearts.
Besides... after years of missing out on player targets 'cos we werent a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE club ('cos EVERYONE ONLY wants to play on the CL, right kids?) it'll be nice to hold some of the cards for once... especially if City pip Utd to 4th!!

I take it your saying that if we don't pay him 5 or 6 mill a year and guarantee him at least a100 mill transfer pot then he'll fuck off because that's what a big club does. Or something else?

Back
Top Bottom