Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All done to unsettle us as fans and players who now get linked with other clubs... Big amounts of BS getting fed to the media by those who have something to gain, with us who have everything to lose. Maybe Levy will dig deep to keep Poch happy but realistically we know until we move into the new ground, have a new shirt sponsor and naming right sewn up there will be little in the way of 'war' chest for us in the summer. Like it or not we're on economy drive for the next 12months...

Just one point, Poch didn't bring in the yoof, he gave them a chance, he also only signed Toby, everyone else was leftovers so lets not kid ourselves he is out there spotting all this great talent.

He is however for a brilliant manager with values that resonate with me and make me proud to be a fan. I've actually enjoyed most of the past couple of seasons and don't get too down after a loss as I can always see the light – been a long time since i've felt that.

C6UFyIvUoAAoI8k.jpg

Just give us some more simple handshakes!

I'm concerned that now Levy has a manager who getting us to challenge for the top 4 and see improvements in our play he is not having a go at Poch for the poor Transfers we had, Poch must have been the one that said yes to the transfers, Njie, Janseen,Sissoko, GKN, can't be trusted to get a spot in first 11, Poch has wasted £70m in transfers and another £10m in wages so far on these players, Yet its no ones fault, it doesn't matter,

We pissed the entire window away chasing after GKN...You honestly think if Poch was that enthused by him he'd have been keener to play him before now.... Getting even less of a sniff than N'Jie and he spent much of his debut season injured!

Meanwhile, IF they were his choices then maybe so, but if he's just making do (Sissoko rather than Mane... Jansen rather than Batshuayi... ) then hard to lay the blame at his feet... Having sold Chadli, judgement on Son being reserved, N'Jie loaned out and only one ST on the books (+ Mason & Bentaleb off) we HAD to bring bodies in.

My concern is more so that this is the case and that Poch will eventually tire of false promises and recruitment restructuring.

Unai Emery's future looks bleak now. Let's pray the € is not dangled in Poch's direction. We all know the links...:kaneshh:

I don't think he's quite that desperate.

Just like the Barcelona and Real job, the PSG job is unlikely to be worth shit - You have to win nearly every game in a shit league where the world's best are only ever going to go for the £££, players of which type are unlikely to get along with Poch.

Unai Emery's future looks bleak now. Let's pray the € is not dangled in Poch's direction. We all know the links...:kaneshh:

Thought this myself. I read a couple of weeks back that if PSG didn't win the CL then Emery was gone.

Poch did play for PSG so their maybe part of that would like to manage them. I can't see him leaving us for a few seasons yet though. He's made the team his own, he's capable of making history with us and moving into a new top of the class stadium.

I honestly believe if he stays with us we will win the league in the next 3 years.

PSG out of the Champions League in the most embarrassing of ways.
Potentially won't even win the league despite spending £140,000,000.

Unai Emery is on thin fucking ice my pedigree chums.

Next season at Wembley will make this team stronger. They know it's going to be a fight and most importantly they KNOW they have to improve because we've shown that we've struggled in both the Champions League and the Europa League.

A part of me wonders if our home form might drop so much next year that we finish outside the European spots, and then proceed to storm the league the following season in the new stadium...

It didn't hurt Chelsea, Leicester, or Liverpool when they came close.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but I think that even though our new stadium will be great and set us up superbly for the future it will still take time to adjust to it. Teams always seem to find it a bit tricky when starting at a new home.

As for Poch, he'd be fucking mad to go to PSG. Very shit league so the Champions League is really the only thing that matters to them. And if he doesn't win that every season, which let's face it he wouldn't, he'll be out the door in no time.

They want someone who can make them succesful in Europe. That's why they went for a serial European winner in Emery.

I think Poch's record with us in Europe counts him out.

Perhaps for some of these players for poch it's like modeling clay, you can buy a piece already done, stick on the shelf then look at it thinking what next or buy it fresh out the pack and mould it to how you want and if you don't like it you can keep changing it.

Back
Top Bottom