Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you know he was offered the Man U job and turned it down, becuase he had dinner with Ferguson?
Pochettino hasn't worked with superstars, that's the thing you have to take into consideration.
Can you imagine him telling Neymar you are paid to train or dropping any of their big name players becuase they are not training as hard as he expects.
Yeah.

The Barca job...and the Real job for that matter...are different beasts. You are not there to create a philosophy or build a project. You are there to take a money built team of the world's best players and ensure constant trophies. If that doesn't happen at the level required you're out within a year or two. I'm not convinced Poch has the right approach for that sort of thing. Plus, success at teams like that don't always show what a manager can do when the creation element of the job is harder. Just look at Mourinho and Guardiola. In some respects it is misleading success. I think Poch would like to prove himself before thinking about those kinds of jobs.

Now, Inter, Althetico, Juve, these sorts of clubs might be more realistic destinations that I could see him considering.

Of course, I could be talking complete bollocks and he'd go in a shot....

why would you leave your roast in the oven and bolt without tasting it? It's the same with Poch as yet his roast is part way through cooking, he can't be judged on how good it is until it comes out of the oven for people to eat.

Like most I feel that as long as Levy backs him he will stay. Sure the new stadium limits transfer kitty but he knew that before he took the job, in some ways it's a blessing as it keeps people off his back spending big whilst he promotes within. Imagine being at Barca and the constant pressure of signing 100m players...

Fuck that shit Poch. Stick with us we'll sing your name loud and proud for many years to come ;)

why would you leave your roast in the oven and bolt without tasting it? It's the same with Poch as yet his roast is part way through cooking, he can't be judged on how good it is until it comes out of the oven for people to eat.

Like most I feel that as long as Levy backs him he will stay. Sure the new stadium limits transfer kitty but he knew that before he took the job, in some ways it's a blessing as it keeps people off his back spending big whilst he promotes within. Imagine being at Barca and the constant pressure of signing 100m players...

Fuck that shit Poch. Stick with us we'll sing your name loud and proud for many years to come ;)

He's not a manager who promotes spending anyway, he's spoken before about how the extreme spending culture in the PL limits youth development.

Pochettino: Spending culture damages youth development - FOX SPORTS

It's amazing how much of a perfect fit he is with the chairman's philosophy, and absurd to think that it took so many years in the wilderness to get to this point. The chairman promising manager after manager spending that just wasn't attainable by his own standards and forcing them to root around for gems in the "three for a fiver" bin.

I'd like to think it was all part of a higher plan, but like most things in football: Sometimes things click and sometimes they dont.

Last edited:
Poch might be able to sprinkle his magic dust over Zaha and Barkley.

:ledleylick:
He certainly has some magic coaching dust. If we take our transfer links at face value, I believe that Mauricio is a much better coach than he is a scout.

We could honestly use an injection of pace into our squad, but Zaha is just a new-brand Andros Townsend.

That's your best reply?

De Boer did that for four years, against smaller teams across Europe.

He does not have the ability to coach an offense or a defense in a coherent way, and has never gotten a team to over-perform their talent level. Pochettino at Espanyol, Soton and now with us has got 8 years of teams doing better than their salary and talents suggest is possible. De Boer has literally never done that.

And that is what is the measure of a good manager.

Against Kiwis?

1454286565840.jpg

well and truly brainwashed by this point and towing the party line ;)

music-to-help-you-sleep.jpg

"Morrie... my little bubala, pop this on when you go to sleep tonight, okay?"
"Errr, What it is Daniel?"
"Dont worry yourself my little Argie prince, Uncle Danny knows best, right?"

*CLICK...... WHRRRRRRRRR

"Negative net spend..... you must achieve negative net spend."

One of the things I appreciate most about Poch's reign is that he's made The Lane a fortress again.

Teams are scared of coming to the Lane.. that's something we lost for a while.

Back
Top Bottom